RuPaul's Drag Race | Season 16 | Q will bomb the makeover… manifest

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Upon this season airing, I rewatched Season 12 to try to build a more memorable impression of Jaida because tbh I really couldn't remember much. I was 100% sure Gigi would win and felt it was justified given a great SG, killer Rusical, and decent tasteful looks (though quite simple and costumey), plus a great track record to boot. Watching the whole season again, I feel even more strongly about these points unfortunately :rip: Jaida is a great queen but seems half asleep a lot of the time and idk why but nothing with her really connects with me. My bf watched with me (this his first time) and he felt the same way throughout the whole season. Winners like Symone, Bob, Jinkx, Raja, and even Aquaria and Willow felt very special and like THEE MOMENt. I just don't feel it with Jaida :michael: That said, I hope she proves me wrong this season - her looks this episode were nice, tbh I just don't think her aesthetic does much for me and I prefer bigger personalities.

• Replies 37.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

14 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Upon this season airing, I rewatched Season 12 to try to build a more memorable impression of Jaida because tbh I really couldn't remember much. I was 100% sure Gigi would win and felt it was justified given a great SG, killer Rusical, and decent tasteful looks (though quite simple and costumey), plus a great track record to boot. Watching the whole season again, I feel even more strongly about these points unfortunately :rip: Jaida is a great queen but seems half asleep a lot of the time and idk why but nothing with her really connects with me. My bf watched with me (this his first time) and he felt the same way throughout the whole season. Winners like Symone, Bob, Jinkx, Raja, and even Aquaria and Willow felt very special and like THEE MOMENt. I just don't feel it with Jaida :michael: That said, I hope she proves me wrong this season - her looks this episode were nice, tbh I just don't think her aesthetic does much for me and I prefer bigger personalities.

Jaida might have been the victim of the sherry pie edit.

I remember (Jaida's old friend) Trixie saying something like "Jaida loves to act a fool, she is so funny" and I was like "what?". This was a couple years ago. She got a pretty boring edit on her season and we pretty much never saw her fun side. Maybe all was left on the editing room floor after the re-cut.

I am glad we can watch her true self on AS7.

Edited by P.O.P

The way the backlash got them scared and shipped FPR to WOW Presents+ :bibliahh:

8 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

Jaida might have been the victim of the sherry pie edit.

I remember (Jaida's old friend) Trixie saying something like "Jaida loves to act a fool, she is so funny" and I was like "what?". This was a couple years ago. She got a pretty boring edit on her season and we pretty much never saw her fun side. Maybe all was left on the editing room floor after the re-cut.

I am glad we can watch her true self on AS7.

That's very possible. It seems that Season 12's editing and narrative was botched because of both the SP situation and also the fact that they gave Gigi the winner's edit but seemed to have decided for numerous small reasons (the "can't breathe tweet", her political indifference, finale conduct) that she was not a safe fit. Jaida definitely has been showing some more personality.

28 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I understand you because I felt the same way about her on S12, to the point I thought no one really deserved to win for a reason or another. I genuinely can’t think of another season where I felt the same way.

I’ve been loving her since AS7 promo started to roll out though and now I’m glad she won her season. Such a joyful, charismatic and talented queen!

Why are the girls who hate any mention of the word race constantly bringing up white people making Symone’s outfits? I thought we didn’t care about race here? 

Also Monet talent and the only one on the cast to not bomb/underperform in any challenge so far, stay mad girls 

5a87850900cbdba6768582555a033a5d0c411289

6 minutes ago, argos said:

Monet had no business being on this season because she shouldn't have a crown to begin with.

This. Monique was robbed, twice.

giphy.gif

It disgusts me the way some people in here talk about Symone. It's literally microagression since 75% of the RuGirls have their outfits made by other people. They're busy and they don't have the time. Symone is clearly not the only one. 

Stop with that sh+t. :biblio:

Edited by Blade Runner

Jaida and Symone are the best winners of the VH1 seasons, the rest are not even worth arguing about. It’s no surprise to me that they’re always the topic at hand for that reason. Black excellence, both of them, through and through. 

I forgot Willow even won already. :mandown: 

Actually I’d like to make the point that Symone reminds me a lot of Rihanna (my fave). People always discredited Rih for being “untalented” and having people make songs for her, etc, and a lot of the same arguments are made against Symone. Despite that, Rih overcame and became a household name because she maintained her success even if people felt it was manufactured. That is because both Rih and Symone are visionaries in their field and have that star power that allows people to love them and for them to create success for themselves, even with the help of a team. 

:coffee: 

2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I don't remember you stanning them, but maybe it's because those posts got lost among the constant Monét and Symone praise.

Imagine getting so worked up and resorting to personal attacks over people disagreeing with you on drag queens. I quoted @Afferty because I agreed with them on you picking and choosing who to stan based on spoilers, but of course you had to spin it on race to get the upper hand since we both provided receipts for our arguments that you intentionally glossed over. And speaking of racism, @Claymore is still waiting for an answer to their post, since you suspiciously glossed over that one as well.

You have some nerve to call me (or anyone else, for that matter) vile when you had no problems shading Jaida's finale gig (who reigned during a pandemic and had almost no opportunities compared to other winners) to prop Symone's up.

5a87850900cbdba6768582555a033a5d0c411289

It is not only TheOnlyOne stanning The Symone or Monet  it is while they are stanning these queens, they are also trying to bring down their biggest white queen competition at the same time just the same time of cast announcement. They just want a black winner and trying to hype fanbase for that outcome. 

I've been here for 4 years and it has always been the same pattern.

Right before each season,

Me: minding my own business  trying to get to know queens, enjoying random queens like Yuhua, Monique, Denali, Jackie or even Orion lol.

at the same time, these are happening by the same old atrl members:

S10: Aquaria/Eureka was dragged, Asia was praised

S11: Brooke was dragged, Silky was fan fav

AS4: Trinity was dragged, Monet was praised 

S12: Gigi was hated, Jaida was stanned

AS5 was no surprise but on AS6 it was suddenly Rajah Ohara stanning and Ginger Minj hatred 

and these were not during the season, it was right after the cast announcement. And everytime, somehow they were exactly stanning the strongest black queen on the spoilers and hating on the strongest white.

I havent checked S13 spoilers but right after I saw Rosé was hated during the cast announcement, I understood that she had the best track record. Same with the Bosco, they saw she had 3 wins on the spoilers and started hate propaganda right after cast announcement  even though she was not actually running for crown when we saw the show lol. 

Now they call us racist because it is the only easiest way for them to runaway from reality. But whose preferances are more race-based is pretty obvious for me.

:celestial2:

Imagine being upset that people prefer Black winners when plenty of girls in here always prefer the white frontrunners :ahh: 

And this is also coming from the “NO MORE TOPICS ABOUT RACE!!!” crowd too. :skull: I guess we just can’t have chats about race when it makes you uncomfortable, but it’s perfectly fine to berate people for preferring POC contestants (even though @TheOnlyOne is an OJEHH). But even so, to say that people are stanning race when they tend to like POC contestants is just… so wrong. But I’m not gonna write essays about that trying to educate those who don’t want to hear it. Let the girls like who they like, there’s no need to justify why you like someone when we have girls in here that stan Sherry Pie :rip: 

The fact that Kandy made it to the final lipsync... Symone's crown is about as valid as Trixie's, tbh

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

The fact that Kandy made it to the final lipsync... Symone's crown is about as valid as Trixie's, tbh

giphy.gif

Name a challenge that Trixie bombed other than Snatch Game, quickly

47 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Jaida and Symone are the best winners of the VH1 seasons, the rest are not even worth arguing about. It’s no surprise to me that they’re always the topic at hand for that reason. Black excellence, both of them, through and through. 

I forgot Willow even won already. :mandown: 

And that’s on PERIOD!

9 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

The whole season in general was a bomb, considering how BenDeLaGOD and ShangeLORD shat on her, repeatedly :fish1:

Shangela making Trixie look like a fool during the entire Freaky Money lipsync, like someone should've just gotten her off the stage :emofish:

24 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

How about you name one challenge on either of her seasons that she shined and truly excelled in

1 hour ago, Afferty said:

It is not only TheOnlyOne stanning The Symone or Monet  it is while they are stanning these queens, they are also trying to bring down their biggest white queen competition at the same time just the same time of cast announcement. They just want a black winner and trying to hype fanbase for that outcome. 

I've been here for 4 years and it has always been the same pattern.

Right before each season,

Me: minding my own business  trying to get to know queens, enjoying random queens like Yuhua, Monique, Denali, Jackie or even Orion lol.

at the same time, these are happening by the same old atrl members:

AS5 was no surprise but on AS6 it was suddenly Rajah Ohara stanning and Ginger Minj hatred 

and these were not during the season, it was right after the cast announcement. And everytime, somehow they were exactly stanning the strongest black queen on the spoilers and hating on the strongest white.

I havent checked S13 spoilers but right after I saw Rosé was hated during the cast announcement, I understood that she had the best track record. Same with the Bosco, they saw she had 3 wins on the spoilers and started hate propaganda right after cast announcement  even though she was not actually running for crown when we saw the show lol. 

Now they call us racist because it is the only easiest way for them to runaway from reality. But whose preferances are more race-based is pretty obvious for me.

:celestial2:

This entire argument can be defeated by everyone standing Willow even though Angie absolutely slaughtered the first half. Also, Bimini was EVERYONE favorite. 

15 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

How about you name one challenge on either of her seasons that she shined and truly excelled in

wha-

trixie-mattel.gif

33 minutes ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

The whole season in general was a bomb, considering how BenDeLaGOD and ShangeLORD shat on her, repeatedly :fish1:

Shangela making Trixie look like a fool during the entire Freaky Money lipsync, like someone should've just gotten her off the stage :emofish:

Even Trixie says she is not a great lip-syncer. She is busy singing her OWN songs LIVE while playing an INSTRUMENT. Does that mean nothing to you? Is that less worthy than a couple crunchy death drops? 

54 minutes ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

As a Silky Nutmeg Ganache hater I refuse to be erased 

1 hour ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Literally skfshjfd

giphy.gif

TheOnlyOne
1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Imagine being upset that people prefer Black winners when plenty of girls in here always prefer the white frontrunners :ahh: 

And this is also coming from the “NO MORE TOPICS ABOUT RACE!!!” crowd too. :skull: I guess we just can’t have chats about race when it makes you uncomfortable, but it’s perfectly fine to berate people for preferring POC contestants (even though @TheOnlyOne is an OJEHH). But even so, to say that people are stanning race when they tend to like POC contestants is just… so wrong. But I’m not gonna write essays about that trying to educate those who don’t want to hear it. Let the girls like who they like, there’s no need to justify why you like someone when we have girls in here that stan Sherry Pie :rip: 

The girls in here are wretched. The gaslightery of them being tired of race talk when THEY are the ones who brought it up as if Thee Symone employing a bunch of white hicks she knew from back in the day in Arkansas is some kind of read. The fact is you can’t come for Symone’s run or her reign or post show endeavors so I guess the haters have to reach to find a reason to discredit RuPaul’s Successor and all they can come up with is…she can’t sew and is friends with white people :rip:

Im not even a Jaida hater, I like the girl and she was 1 of only 3 tolerable girls on her entire season. I was in here defending her all S12 against the Gigi and Crystal fans but the Jaida stans get pressed when I factually point out that she’s been eclipsed by Symone in every single facet.  She’s a cute girl but cute next to gorgeous gets devoured everytime. It’s not personal to Jaida, most if not all queens have been eclipsed by Thee Symone. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.