Top Gun: Maverick (2022) | Tom Cruise | RT: 96%, MC: 78 | $1.4B WW

Broken

I worked opening day of Jurassic and all our Top Gun showings sold better than Jurassic :deadbanana4:

Same with Lightyear

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• BNF91

• mystery

• MadonnasBoyfriend

the fact that this reached 1B and Dr Strange didn't :rip:

1B without China and Russia :clap3:

And this weekend it finally debuted in South Korea to a fantastic $12.5M 5-day opening. It could go past $50M there, giving a nice boost to the final overseas total.

Is this actually worth seeing in theaters or should I just wait, visuals aside, I don’t know much about the plot so that’s what’s been holding me back from seeing it on the big screen :dancehall:

On 6/27/2022 at 5:16 PM, publikcitizen said:

A third top gun movie is not out of question now. 

It is most definitely happening.

17 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Is this actually worth seeing in theaters or should I just wait, visuals aside, I don’t know much about the plot so that’s what’s been holding me back from seeing it on the big screen :dancehall:

This is one of those movies that just have to be seen on the biggest screen possible, the plot is rather simple but it is a complete thrilling experience start to finish. Definitely go see it in theaters.

18 minutes ago, Kings. said:

It makes more sense on the big screen. If you didn't watch the first one you'll be fine, they include enough backstory and flashbacks. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:49 PM, Broken said:

It's a big market, especially for Marvel movies and musicals. They also like the Mission: Impossible movies.

The sky is the limit for this movie. Dominion undeperformed, Lighyear bombed and Elvis will probably underperform. And it's gonna be in theaters for months (Disney and WB released The Batman and Multiverse of Madness too early on Max/D+, smh).

And then you woke up!

Just now, mystery said:

It is most definitely happening.

This is one of those movies that just have to be seen on the biggest screen possible, the plot is rather simple but it is a complete thrilling experience start to finish. Definitely go see it in theaters.

Ok. I will definitely see it before I return to work in two weeks, but I’m kinda annoyed there’s no IMAX theater near me. I’ve never seen a movie in that format, but this seems like it would be the one to see there :jonnycat:

1 minute ago, Life Savers said:

It makes more sense on the big screen. If you didn't watch the first one you'll be fine, they include enough backstory and flashbacks. 

That was also a worry, but I gave up on watching that because the quality just isn’t there for me :toofunny3: I might force myself this weekend though and then go see Maverick next week!

Lady Gaga's TGM did that. I enjoyed the movie so much especially the beach scene. :clap3:

I came in excited to see it since it has such great scores and reviews, but then.... we left in the middle of it. Wtf was that? :lmao:

Boring, cheesy, the acting was just downright awful. I'm glad I wasn't the one paying for the tickets this time around :dies:

15 hours ago, Goofy said:

I came in excited to see it since it has such great scores and reviews, but then.... we left in the middle of it. Wtf was that? :lmao:

Boring, cheesy, the acting was just downright awful. I'm glad I wasn't the one paying for the tickets this time around :dies:

:biblio:

The third act is the most exciting part... 

I will never understand walking out of a movie, you paid for it you might as well see the entire thing at least. 

People who walk out of movies do not have a lot of credibility when critiquing movies.

I watched this yesterday and yeah it was not THAT good. Maybe my expectation was too high? It was a 7 at best

lol it'a 130 minute movie and I sat through over half of it. No one can convince that a certain part can save what's been an absolute snoozefest of a movie up until we walked out.

I realized the high scores and praise comes from the fandom from the first movie, people in their 50s and older being nostalgic over their younger days. Sweet but doesn't affect me.

yea walking out halfway out shouldn’t even warrant for a proper critique.. also WOM and the rest of the GP begs to differ from calling this a so called boring and snoozefest of a film judging by the continuous excellent legs and minimal weekly drops 

I just watched the movie and I really liked it. I was expecting a snoozefest but it was really good, tbh. :gaycat5:

Not people on the previous page saying snoozefest. :dies: This was the most engaging blockbuster movie I’ve seen in years.

Edited by Anomaly

Im in my 20s and i still thought the movie is great :biblio: i also had NO idea this is a sequel... so definitely not because of nostalgia whatsoever :ahh:

Just saw this has grossed $1.2B… what in the actual ****

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.