• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• BNF91

• mystery

• MadonnasBoyfriend

this made 44M in its THIRD weeknd :rip: it wasn't that far from displace Lightyear from its second place :rip:

this will do numbers this 4th of July even though Minions is coming strong.

2 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

this made 44M in its THIRD weeknd :rip: it wasn't that far from displace Lightyear from its second place :rip:

this will do numbers this 4th of July even though Minions is coming strong.

Baby no it's FOURTH weekend. 2nd biggest 4th weekend of ALLTIME behind Avatar. :jonny5:

$600M domestic is done like dinner. Independence Day weekend upcoming, plus summer weekdays and late summer longevity.

With Aladdin legs (previous leggy massive Memorial Day opener) it will go past $640M, and it's already been outlegging Aladdin. 

Plus that OS number is fire. $500M with ease, $550M likely. $600M not out of question.

$1.2B+ worldwide could happen.

This is about 60 million away from dethroning Doc Strange 2 as the biggest film worldwide of 2022

It has already surpassed Doc Strange 2 in the U.S. as the biggest film of 2022

I'm seeing it this week, Tom Cruise's biggest movie of his career. So hyped, it's a whole event. :clap3:

Lady Gaga's Top Gun being this successful. We love to see it. :jonny5:

I'm kinda shocked of this level of success, tbh. :deadbanana4: Didn't know there was so much hype about it. :psyduck:

Top Gun and Jurassic World reviving the summer season box office :jonny5:

This is his biggest movie? Wow! Why did I think he have couple of Billion dollar MI films. :dies: 

This is literally still doing so well in theaters. Lightyear is the mop and the broomstick holding the mop is Downtown Abbey: A New Era (granted we are the only theater around us playing it). Jurassic is a contender too. 

There is no telling when this will slow down honestly, it only just opened in some markets where it can do big numbers. I can see 1.1b or 1.2b at this point.

50 minutes ago, mystery said:

There is no telling when this will slow down honestly, it only just opened in some markets where it can do big numbers. I can see 1.1b or 1.2b at this point.

It’s definitely hitting 1.1 since it’s going to make 150-200 million more in the US at least. This is gonna be big Fourth of July weekend too and imax is giving it premium screens back since more people wanna see TGM in that format.

back to #1 in the dailies, neck and neck with Jurassic World (which is putting up solid numbers too, no floppage here but Top Gun is just soaring). Will fly past $500M on Friday already... 

$5.45M yesterday, -17% from last week Wednesday. JWD had $5.4M. Both heading for $30M or more this weekend. With July 4th holidays the following weekend.

TOP GUN 2 BIGGEST 4TH WEDNESDAY OF ALL TIME :deadbanana2:

Edited by BNF91

TG:M could return to #1 this weekend if Elvis underperforms. I-   :skull: 

‘Elvis’ May Not Be King: Here’s Why ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Could Return to #1 at the Box Office

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/06/elvis-why-top-gun-maverick-could-return-to-1-at-box-office-1234735673/

Korea Box Office

Jun 22 (day 1): $1.53M

Jun 23 (day 2): $1.20M

It should be grossing around 7-8M first week. 

1 hour ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

Korea Box Office

Jun 22 (day 1): $1.53M

Jun 23 (day 2): $1.20M

It should be grossing around 7-8M first week. 

south korea a big market of cinemas or the ticket are really expensive? lol

19 hours ago, BNF91 said:

back to #1 in the dailies, neck and neck with Jurassic World (which is putting up solid numbers too, no floppage here but Top Gun is just soaring). Will fly past $500M on Friday already... 

$5.45M yesterday, -17% from last week Wednesday. JWD had $5.4M. Both heading for $30M or more this weekend. With July 4th holidays the following weekend.

TOP GUN 2 BIGGEST 4TH WEDNESDAY OF ALL TIME :deadbanana2:

Jurassic World and Top Gun SLAYING! :jonny5:

14 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

I think it’s a big market. This is only half of last week’s #1. 

Imagine if this was released in the middle of the pandemic like originally planned. Good for Tom Cruise and co. to hold off.

Don’t mean to start **** as we’re all celebrating the movie’s success, but I was looking at the cast list and saw that the other Top Gun members from the 8 who did not get airtime were mostly Asians (including Manny Jacinto who’s been pretty established on TV). They could have taken Fanboy’s slot given that Phoenix was already Latina. My one disappointment with the movie. 

13 hours ago, supertiffany said:

It's a big market, especially for Marvel movies and musicals. They also like the Mission: Impossible movies.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:40 PM, mystery said:

The sky is the limit for this movie. Dominion undeperformed, Lighyear bombed and Elvis will probably underperform. And it's gonna be in theaters for months (Disney and WB released The Batman and Multiverse of Madness too early on Max/D+, smh).

this is huge and so refreshing to see a non-superhero movie doing these number.

I was bored and read through some box office predictions from the start of the year and almost none of them even mentioned this movie. :dies:

The ones that did had it doing $300-$420 million total globally. :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.