• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• BNF91

• mystery

• MadonnasBoyfriend

The movie looks so cool, I need to see it soon. The original was good so interested to see how this one compares.

Amazing movie :clap3:
I feel like one of the reasons why this felt so good is because it wasnt a bland, soulless  CGI-fest like a lot of other blockbusters these days.. it felt real and immersive :clap3: Great cast, soundtrack, cinematography etc
It wasnt a super deep story or anything but this type of movie just doesnt need it. I like that they didnt try to shove a lot of topics into this and instead focused on the main cast very well
If i had to nitpick then the dialogue could have been better, it was a little on the nose at times; but besides that everything was perfect. 9.5/10 

Just got back, it was really good :clap3:

The Hold My Hand melody in so many songs killed me a bit, Gaga WANTS another Oscar :deadbanana2:

Estimates will rise by a couple mill.. Sunday hold is looking stellar at around $17.5-18M :clap3:

$52-53M actuals most likely. Passing Doctor Strange 2 on Monday with ease. 

Could see a $38-42M 4th weekend I think. 

Scientology really won with Tom Cruise

Imagine the CHECKS he gives them

:devil:

The movie was really GOOD

Everyone was really hot and the flight scenes made you feel like if you were inside the plane too 

:gayriahcat2:

gonna see this again next week for a third time, Tom Cruise really delivered with this sequel :clap3:

This movie was ******* amazing, holy ****. The insane hype finally got to me, and WOW did it deliver :clap3:

Finally actually went to see it. It lived up and exceeded my expectations. Truly an incredible movie. I was engaged from start to finish, acting was great, cinematography was excellent, plot was great. :clap3: Everyone brought their A game to this film. This movie was a breath of fresh air; it deserves any “bandwagoning”. 

After this and Mission Impossible: Fallout, I’m surprised Tom Cruise hasn’t been crushed by the weight of carrying the entire action blockbuster industry by himself.

Edited by Anomaly

How has Tom Cruise not aged at all? Damn. Saw this movie and he looks as agile and supple as ever.

I’m usually not into testosterone-driven movies, especially one that is led by three straight white males, but this one was excellent film-making. It created and built up tension well; made military terms and procedures digestible; weaved heart and emotion effortlessly into the primarily machismo of a storyline. So good. I’m happy for Tom Cruise. He seems like a good man.

I probably wouldn’t have seen this if I didn’t have a free ticket but it was good; I remember sleeping through the original. There’s tons of eye candy so that’s nice too.

I love the gays loved it as well :jonny:

Such an AMAZING Film :jonny5:

On 6/12/2022 at 11:31 PM, nathanspears said:

Just got back, it was really good :clap3:

The Hold My Hand melody in so many songs killed me a bit, Gaga WANTS another Oscar :deadbanana2:

What??

It sounds lovely and ethereal :jonny5:

Gaga's Top Gun did that

Can’t lie—I’ve been playing Hold My Hand nonstop since watching the movie. The *moment* it plays is *chef’s kiss*, followed by:

Spoiler

the end credits with clips of each actor, which I’m always a sucker for.

6 hours ago, rac7d said:

Hopefully this will keep the straight white males happy for a while 

I'm not straight or white and I loved it

4 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Will this make a billion dollar?

Yes it will easily make another 100 mill in the next couple of weeks in the US alone and I think a bunch of imax theaters will put TGM back in its rotation over JW once it’s exclusivity period ends. 

just passed 800M+ WW, its definitely hitting 1B+ and unless Thor pulls a NWH numbers, it’ll easily be the biggest movie of the summer and year, until Avatar

Edited by hausofdave

Top Gun is headed for a $40M+ 4th weekend :clap3:

This will end up beating Titanic's unadjusted domestic gross to be Paramount's highest grosser ever domestically. International is trucking right along too and while it won't see the same legs as domestic, should still cross $500M. 

$1.1B will likely happen, if not more. 

2022 year end 

1. Avatar: The Way of Water

2. Black Panther Wakanda Forever 

3/4. Top Gun Maverick 

3/4. Thor: Love and Thunder 

5. Jurassic World Dominion

Edited by BNF91

3 hours ago, BNF91 said:

This will end up beating Titanic's unadjusted domestic gross to be Paramount's highest grosser ever domestically. 

This is insane to think about. Though Titanic was probably way bigger in terms of tickets sold.

14 minutes ago, mystery said:

This is insane to think about. Though Titanic was probably way bigger in terms of tickets sold.

Yup 1.240 billion adjusted for inflation

135 million tickets sold back then just in the USA

Edited by DONTYELLATME

Who wants to be crushed by Hangman s arms and wants to cuddle with Bob?

This will definitely touch 550 million but will it touch 600 million domestically?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.