• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

As a 3x vaxed I tested positive for Covid yesterday. I don't know anything about the putative variant which could've infected me, but the cases in Italy are increasing because of Omicron 5.

Is there any newvariant or the current surges are from sub-variant of Omicron still?

Edited by UnusualBoy

7 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Is there any newvariant or the current surges are from sub-variant of Omicron still?

Right now it's all about BA4 and BA5, Omicron subvariants.

3rd shots are starting to wear off in addition to reinfections becoming an issue with not enough antibody build-up from past infection. 

Articles within the past 24 hours suggest both subvariants are starting to evade immunity entirely, but there's still more data coming out. 

I just realized that I still haven't taken my second booster. :dancehall: My schedule got a little thrown off since I got COVID shortly before I was planning on getting it.

1 hour ago, Jotham said:

I just realized that I still haven't taken my second booster. :dancehall:

Me either :dancehall3: maybe I should before going on vacation :katie:

Amsterdam Schiphol is a hot mess at the moment, based on the comments. :deadbanana:

I really want to go on a long 20+ day vacation outside of Asia in December, but I'm really not optimistic about how certain countries that I am looking at will handle the winter COVID wave, on top of the possible (and entrenched) spread of monkeypox.

Hopefully Taiwan and Japan will allow independent travel in December. 

Last week new figures showed that Covid-19 infections in the UK increased by 43 per cent in the week after the platinum jubilee celebrations, with the two new sub-variants believed to be behind the sudden increase. 

Additionally, around 1.4 million people in the UK had coronavirus in the week ending 11 June, up from around 990,000 the week before. :biblio:

Professor Sato’s experiments indicate that BA.4, BA.5 and BA.2.12.1 replicate more efficiently in human lung cells than BA.2, while further experiments in hamsters suggest that BA.4 and BA.5 may cause more severe disease.

“It looks as though these things are switching back to the more dangerous form of infection, so going lower down in the lung,” Dr Stephen Griffin, a virologist at the University of Leeds, said. :biblio:

Edited by Genius1111

Had my 3 Pfizer jabs and tested positive yesterday, thought I had escaped it considering i barely go out these days :eli:

Silver lining is it came before my holiday in 3 weeks

6 hours ago, AM98GJ said:

Had my 3 Pfizer jabs and tested positive yesterday, thought I had escaped it considering i barely go out these days :eli:

Silver lining is it came before my holiday in 3 weeks

I hope you're feeling alright!

Do you know how you manage to contract corona? Was it someone else in your household who gave it to you?

22 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

I hope you're feeling alright!

Do you know how you manage to contract corona? Was it someone else in your household who gave it to you?

Super mild so far, hopefully stays that way

My only housemate tested negative. I think it was my sister's birthday early this week, we only had about 10 people there. Either that or when I've gone to the shops etc. 

13 hours ago, AM98GJ said:

Super mild so far, hopefully stays that way

My only housemate tested negative. I think it was my sister's birthday early this week, we only had about 10 people there. Either that or when I've gone to the shops etc. 

Hopefully you recover soon!

I went to a function in my cousins' home yesterday. Before going over, he told us to do a rapid test at home first so at least we all had some peace of mind.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.