• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

Oh welp. It's time for Taiwan 

I fear we won't get normal winter for next five years until we completely figure out the best treatment and prophylaxis. Covid-19 still worse than flu as of now.

4 hours ago, Cloröx said:

I fear we won't get normal winter for next five years until we completely figure out the best treatment and prophylaxis. Covid-19 still worse than flu as of now.

I know I'm avoiding winter holidays for the next few years. :coffee2:

This BA.2 starts making children. Somebody stop her :gaycat6:

FQauTFVWUAsyZ_4?format=jpg&name=medium

What’s happening in China and Asia is really sad. Is there a new variant we should be worried about?

It’s 1.5 years since the original vaccines came out you would think that a new version would be ready by now :rip: wasn’t that the purpose of mRNA vaccines? Just how quickly they can be updated and manufactured? :rip:

1 hour ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

What’s happening in China and Asia is really sad. Is there a new variant we should be worried about?

It’s 1.5 years since the original vaccines came out you would think that a new version would be ready by now :rip: wasn’t that the purpose of mRNA vaccines? Just how quickly they can be updated and manufactured? :rip:

They already are updated and that includes an Omicron specific vaccine and a bivalent vaccine (with Omicron + delta or beta or wild type formulations). This is from Moderna's vaccine trial on clinical.gov or whatever that site is called.

They just have to go through the trials AGAIN. :rip:

It's annoying but they expect to have final results in August which should be enough time to give us updated vaccines in the fall (if the research suggests they're effective compared to the original vaccines).

It's time consuming but 1 year to update a vaccine to a new variant is still fast. It's just not fast enough to keep up with the variants covid produces.

OK, it's about 17% of its peak, but it's still 6 digits a day. 

(Mask mandate is still in place.)

India Is Stalling the W.H.O.’s Efforts to Make Global Covid Death Toll Public - News and Gossip (bbcgossip.com)

More than a third of the additional nine million deaths are estimated to have occurred in India, where the government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has stood by its own count of about 520,000. The W.H.O. will show the country’s toll is at least four million, according to people familiar with the numbers who were not authorized to disclose them, which would give India the highest tally in the world, they said. The Times was unable to learn the estimates for other countries.

India is not alone in undercounting pandemic deaths: The new W.H.O. numbers also reflect undercounting in other populous countries such as Brazil and Indonesia.

Dr. Asma noted that many countries have struggled to accurately calculate the pandemic’s impact. Even in the most advanced countries, she said, “I think when you look under the hood, it is challenging.” At the start of the pandemic there were significant disparities in how quickly different U.S. states were reporting deaths, she said, and some were still collecting the data via fax.

Russia’s ministry of health had reported 300,000 Covid deaths by the end of 2021, and that was the number the government gave the W.H.O. But the Russian national statistics agency that is fairly independent of the government found excess mortality of more than one million people — a figure that is reportedly close to the one in the W.H.O. draft. Russia has objected to that number, but it has made no effort to stall the release of the data, members of the group said.

China, where the pandemic began, does not publicly release mortality data, and some experts have raised questions about underreporting of deaths, especially at the beginning of the outbreak. China has officially reported fewer than 5,000 deaths from the virus.

While China has indeed kept caseloads at much lower levels than most countries, it has done so in part through some of the world’s strictest lockdowns — which have had their own impact on public health. One of the few studies to examine China’s excess mortality using internal data, conducted by a group of government researchers, showed that deaths from heart disease and diabetes spiked in Wuhan during that city’s two-month lockdown. The researchers said the increase was most likely owing to inability or reluctance to seek help at hospitals. They concluded that the overall death rate in Wuhan was about 50 percent higher than expected in the first quarter of 2020.

Well after avoiding it for 2 years i finally got covid.. im triple vaxxed and i feel so ******* bad, my whole body hurts :eli: Cant imagine what it would be like without being vaccinated :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, TaylenaStan said:

Well after avoiding it for 2 years i finally got covid.. im triple vaxxed and i feel so ******* bad, my whole body hurts :eli: Cant imagine what it would be like without being vaccinated :gaycat6:

Different for everyone I guess. I got Delta before being vaccinated and it was just like a cold.

On 4/15/2022 at 6:23 AM, Genius1111 said:

I don't expect Taiwan to suffer the level of death as Hong Kong as they have use the mRNA vaccine.

Those videos are so disturbing :deadbanana4:

Edited by frenchyisback

I think I might have covid.

My boss tested positive on Thursday and I had spent a lot of time with him on Monday (we even had lunch together). No one wears a mask at the office.

I have a sore throat and I cough sometimes (with mucus) but I don’t feel bad at all? I’ve been taking Paracetamol just in case. God bless my 2 Moderna shots I guess?

(Or maybe I don’t have covid and I’m sick because of the company’s AC?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.