COVID-19 [Day 1545]

Genius1111

7 hours ago, Chemist said:

Aww the old thread was so iconic, especially at the beginning of the pandemic. It had some insane and intense moments :rip:

I remembered that around the period from Mar 10-20 2020, I would wake up to 15 pages of panic and "it's over for us!" (and the spamming of gifs!). I think the period from Mar 13-16 2020 had like 1000+ posts per day and I would read pretty much every post that did not have a gif.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

11 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

I remembered that around the period from Mar 10-20 2020, I would wake up to 15 pages of panic and "it's over for us!" (and the spamming of gifs!). I think the period from Mar 13-16 2020 had like 1000+ posts per day and I would read pretty much every post that did not have a gif.

I just remember Milan and New York City from that time more than anything - consistent trauma from like, warzones.

It was a lot, mentally. The nurse testimonials were just emotionally draining.

3 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Some people tried to have me banned from this thread when I brought this up last year. :clown:

The CCP vaccine nationalism is killing Chinese citizen and keeping China from really reopening. The way China is removing itself from globalization rn…. :clown: Even in Trump’s wettest dream…. :gaycat6:

The US is truly blessed to have morons like XI & Putin as adversaries.

Sadly the Russian & Chinese citizens can’t throw the bums out the way we did ours.

I feel so bad about the purging of this thread. It seems just like yesterday when I used to be posting/reacting to Italys numbers, then Iran and just... Ugh. 

Life has never been the same. :weeps:

But anyway... 

Y'all do realize that if China opens up that literally millions will die, right? I can't obviously justify a lot of the unscientific things that have been done under their zero-Covid, but like... 

The thing that annoys me the most is the elderly unvaccinated folks there. Wtf? :psyduck: One of the most consistent things known about Covid has been its significantly worse effects on the elderly, so I really just...

They quite literally can't (& shouldn't, imo) "open up" now. It's clear with Shanghai doing near 30K cases day after day that communal spread is rapidly accelerating.

If you're concerned about (in some cases rightfully) the specifics of the lockdowns, you are certainly not prepared for the reality of what will happen when those are completely lifted. 

Oh well, it's definitely not over :bunny:

Amurica will hit 1M deaths soon although the real number probably 1.2M-1.3M :deadbanana4:

6 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Some people tried to have me banned from this thread when I brought this up last year. 

Because you spread medical disinformation that Chinese vaccines were not just less effective but didn't work at all and that they didn't work at all (factually wrong) because Chinese people made them :deadbanana4:, not that mRNA vaccines would likely prove to be more effective, which you couldn't have made as an argument since there was no substantial information or data yet showing which vaccine would end up with higher efficacy, let alone against variants w/ increased breakthrough infection.

mRNA vaccines also didn't just prove to have higher efficacy than China's vaccines, but *all* non-mRNA vaccines. 

Obviously people had the right to doubt your concern was rooted in Chinese people's safety, given when it was pointed out that Pfizer was acting unethical and should share their technology with China to help them develop their own mRNA vaccine, given the growing reality of their higher efficacy, you laughed and bragged about your recent stock purchases in Pfizer:skull:

Edited by Communion

1 hour ago, Communion said:

because Chinese people made them :deadbanana4:

That should honestly be a ZTP ban. Yikes. :deadbanana4:

14 hours ago, Phantom said:

I feel so bad about the purging of this thread. It seems just like yesterday when I used to be posting/reacting to Italys numbers, then Iran and just... Ugh. 

Life has never been the same. :weeps:

But anyway... 

Y'all do realize that if China opens up that literally millions will die, right? I can't obviously justify a lot of the unscientific things that have been done under their zero-Covid, but like... 

The thing that annoys me the most is the elderly unvaccinated folks there. Wtf? :psyduck: One of the most consistent things known about Covid has been its significantly worse effects on the elderly, so I really just...

They quite literally can't (& shouldn't, imo) "open up" now. It's clear with Shanghai doing near 30K cases day after day that communal spread is rapidly accelerating.

If you're concerned about (in some cases rightfully) the specifics of the lockdowns, you are certainly not prepared for the reality of what will happen when those are completely lifted. 

Elderly people being hesitant seems to an issue across the Sinosphere for some reason especially Hong Kong. It would be reckless for China to fully open up but their zero-Covid strategy doesn’t seem to be working against the more contagious strains of Omicron and I don’t think any other countries are pursuing such a strategy anymore. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.