COVID-19 [Day 1600]

Genius1111

Finally got the 'rona. For those of you who have had it, did your sense of taste fully recover? I'm literally chewing on peppercorns as a test and I'm shook that I can only perceive the texture. :biblio: 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

54 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

Finally got the 'rona. For those of you who have had it, did your sense of taste fully recover? I'm literally chewing on peppercorns as a test and I'm shook that I can only perceive the texture. :biblio: 

I tested positive on Sunday. I never lost my sense of taste but my mom did, though she's gradually been getting back each day.

Also speaking of COVID, I messaged my local health department on Monday on their policies for reporting home test results. They said they would respond within two business days but they never replied. :rip:

:deadbanana2:unless there is a big uptake in ICU patients masks won't have a comeback

2003 - SARS

2009 - H1N1 

2012-2015 - MERS 

2019-now - COVID-19

Imagine if the next significant epidemic (affecting multiple countries/regions) begins even before we are over the acute phase of this pandemic. :gaycat6:

Slightly lower proportions of the population were estimated to have been infected in Wales (56%) and Scotland (52%), but the figures are not directly comparable as the data covered a shorter time period, with Welsh data starting in June 2020 and Scotland in September 2020. In Northern Ireland, 72% of the population were estimated to have been infected.

Tested positive on a rapid test today. I have very mild to no symptoms. My mom tested positive on the 13th, my stepdad six days ago, so it took a long time to reach me. :doc:

6 hours ago, Chemist said:

Not Beijing being next :shutup:

I sincerely hope the local authorities have more sense, and other people in China have stocked up on their food supplies.

Even when practising COVID-zero, allowing perhaps 1 person per household  to go out to buy food every 2 days should be allowed. This was allowed in Wuhan in 2020, but not in Shanghai in 2022, inexplicably enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.