COVID-19 [Day 1600]

Genius1111

On 11/21/2022 at 1:25 PM, BeenTheShit said:

Got my 4th shot (2nd booster), plus flu shot, on Friday and didn't experience any side effects like I did with my 2nd and 3rd. :clap3:

I'm ready for the resurgence. :alexz2:

Got my bivalent shot and flu together exactly 28 days after my 2nd monkeypox shot because they said there had to be that window.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

6 hours ago, Espresso said:

Got my bivalent shot and flu together exactly 28 days after my 2nd monkeypox shot because they said there had to be that window.

I'm currently waiting for my 28 period to be over so I can get my flu shot.

At least I got two full doses of smallpox rather than a modified dose 

10 hours ago, Espresso said:

I still haven't got the monkey pox vaccine.  I live in a smaller town and there's barely any doses available. :michael:

For the past 5+ years I've basically been celibate though so I'm considered low risk. :eli:

Edited by BeenTheShit
edits

I just tested positive for Covid for the first time.

I woke up shivering with chills and a 102 fever.  Went to the doctor and got tested for flu and Covid, came back positive for Covid. 

So far my only symptoms have been fever, chills, headache, body aches and runny nose.  No cough or loss of taste/smell yet.

I just got over Covid. It was terrible. 3 days battling a 101+ fever & even more days with congestion, headache, & feeling so tired. I can’t imagine how it would’ve felt without my vaccines.

I previously used Jan 01 2020 as the start date of the tally because the WHO first sounded the alarm on Dec 31 2019. I will go and adjust the tally to start on Dec 01 2019 now.

Some cities in China are opening up and you do not need a virus test in order to be in public venues.

Inevitably, a lot of of older and immunicompromised folks are going to die as restrictions loosen, so it is going to be a lose-lose situation for the government either way.

People in China are now rushing to stock up on antigen kits in light of loosened restrictions.

It is going to get really ugly I fear, especially for old folks who stubbornly refuse to get vaccinated. 

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/challenging-last-mile-chinas-vaccine-102912550.html

Health risk analysis firm Airfinity has predicted as many as 2.1 million Covid fatalities at current immunity levels.

An attempt in July to impose a jab mandate to access public spaces in the capital Beijing was swiftly abandoned after a strong backlash in a public traumatised by domestic vaccine scandals in recent years.

Under the zero-Covid policy, "the perceived benefit of vaccination is still quite low", Cowling told AFP.

"If you aren't likely to get infected... you may not benefit from vaccination."

Officials have also been hesitant to push too hard.

"There is always the fear of reprisals," Singapore-based infectious diseases expert Leong Hoe Nam said, noting a history of confrontations between patients' family members and doctors in China after deaths or medical complications.

Fixing the problem "requires the government to invest in building trust with the Chinese people", said Nancy Qian, a China policy expert at Northwestern University.

I guess it's never really over... no matter how hard you try to ignore it.

I feel really bad for healthcare workers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.