2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

He’s right ??

I don't even think you understand what he's trying to say which makes this comment even funnier ddd.

AIPAC successfully buying two more election seats. :skull:

Democrats letting AIPAC smear and attack the first Muslim woman ever elected to state office in North Carolina and joining Republicans in voting for an anti-choice Democrat (the only Democrat in the NC state legislature to vote to restrict access to abortion AND overturn the governor's veto on said bill) to stop a progressive black woman in another seat. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

The replies... I've never seen so many angry white people?? :deadbanana4:

Congrats to Fetterman, I'm excited to see how he does in November I think he's a strong candidate :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Pie-kun said:

Oh look, another AIPAC purchase! 

Yikes, kind of a bloodbath for Progressives tonight! :chick2:

What a bummer, Lamb was undoubtedly the better candidate. Oh well.

Good luck to Fetterman I guess, one of the main selling points from his supporters was how strong he would be in general so let's see those results. :chick2:

Connor Lamb ruining his congressional career :rip: he had such an electorally impressive career too. 

I think Fetterman can win in November too, which Dems will need because CCM in Nevada and Warnock in Georgia are looking especially in DANGER

With all of AIPAC's major victories tonight, I'm expecting them to go ham on AOC once Cuellar's runoff is safely in the bag.

Pleasantly surprised that Fetterman seems to have made it through. His lead was insurmountable, I guess. Hopefully he remains healthy enough going into the general.

2 hours ago, Armani? said:

For such a focus-grouped bot, this is such a tell. Just grotesquely tone deaf. Like, I'm stunned. Probably the worst and most honest thing he's ever said that will definitely come back to haunt any presidential prospects with the base, as it should. You don't deflect as a government representative by prioritizing market economics in your language over mothers, as if even the remote suggestion of government intervention on monopolization is off the table at all costs. I shouldn't be surprised he's getting raves from the same people that were always in his corner. 

He will continue to tank with African-Americans in any primary which will be the albatross that should sink any future candidacy, even if the DNC is delusional enough to ignore it and nominate him anyways. Defaulting to racist stereotypes about homophobia isn't borne out by the recent data either where over half of respondents support gay marriage. 

8 minutes ago, slik said:

Almost as if the vOtE bLuE nO mATtEr wHo crowd was full of **** the entire time, hmm....

He’s a legit good candidate too, in a seat Democrats almost certainly have to win, especially if they wanna keep filing judicial vacancies next year. The “big tent” party keeps showing its giant cracks, I fear 

28 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Yikes, kind of a bloodbath for Progressives tonight! :chick2:

For those browsing, this above comment is considered a form of projection given that, come November:

Up to all four of these people will end up losing their Senate races:

Val_Demings.jpg  Tim_Ryan_OH.JPG Raphael_Warnock.jpg Catherine_Cortez_Masto.jpg

While this person wins if he party doesn't try to sabotage him:

John-Fetterman.jpg

:skull:

Edited by Communion

Wasnt the Summer Lee race supposed to be close?:rip:

Fetterman's winning the majority of the Democratic vote in the primary, most Democrats in PA hold a favorable view of him per all the polls and people are making huge assumptions based on some random tweet. I- :rip:

Madison Cawthorn likely getting primaried isn't a surprise to me, there are so many homophobic conservatives that once they thought he *could* be gay he was doomed.

He's also a terrible person but they didn't care about that.

3 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Wasnt the Summer Lee race supposed to be close?:rip:

The polling will likely end-up true, it being close. Irwin's massive Israel-lobbying funded ads influencing the early/mail-ins and the election day votes going in her direction:

1 minute ago, Pie-kun said:

Fetterman's winning the majority of the Democratic vote in the primary, most Democrats in PA hold a favorable view of him per all the polls and people are making huge assumptions based on some random tweet. I- :rip:

Do you know how many assumptions and groans I have seen over the years about 2016?

I was a Bernie supporter who voted for Hillary when she became the nom but I have heard countless times that Bernie supporters didn't vote for Hillary. 

I hope Cawthorn loses!

3 minutes ago, slik said:

I was a Bernie supporter who voted for Hillary when she became the nom but I have heard countless times that Bernie supporters didn't vote for Hillary. 

It's dumb that someone made a generalization about you. It's also dumb to make generalizations about other people.

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

The polling will likely end-up true, it being close. Irwin's massive Israel-lobbying funded ads influencing the early/mail-ins and the election day votes going in her direction:

Every progressive needs to runs ads exposing Aipac endorsing Republicans & ppl overturning the election. Should be a easy slam dunk 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.