2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

22 minutes ago, cash3w said:

some of us are actually trying to fund NGOs

......is this trying to brag about and frame creating a "non-profit" business entity (for likely a tax write-off) as virtuous? Okay Hilary Clintonย :skull:

ย 

Nothing says "you privileged leftists don't know anything about the working class!!" like talking about one's Beltway aspirations, one's intimate connections with the Beto O'Rourke political campaigns, and planning lofty new NGO structures!ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

The worst part of discussing politics is that a significant portion of people like discussing politics because they come from the kind of privileged upbringing and societal attitude that see electoral politics firstly as a jobs creation program before they see it as a means for addressing people's material needs.ย 

ย 

So much anger and resentment over perceived unfulfilled potential when you could just be quiet, get Biden to forgive student debt, and prevent a Red Wave, but lib brain gonna lib brain!

ย 

"You dumb leftists! Instead of asking for politicians to do things you think are good, why don't you just open up a non-profit and lobby them with illegal campaign donations like most of us know to do!?"ย :skull:

Edited by Communion

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, cash3w said:

You acting like itโ€™s Bidenย :coffee2:ย not surprised, get off Twitter.

ย 

im not surprised to see all these lame commentaries these days though. We get it, Biden sad, anyone lefty happy, anything not in these two categories confusing and anger inducing for โ€œlEfTiEsโ€

ย 

some folks stay rotting online where some of us are actually trying to fund NGOs to solve for the failures of modern day government. Whatโ€™s worse, 2020 know nothings known as republicans or 2020 know nothings known as lefties with their head so far up their ass they can hear their own heart beats?ย 
ย 

problem with govt? Bottom of the barrel losers getting elected by a bottom of the barrel electorate - yes, that includes you too, lEfTiEs, because literally no one except Twitter thinks like you. Literally. No. One.ย 
ย 

solution? Funding orgs that will actually form a pipeline of individuals who are here to govern and not beat their chests for their personal gain (literally the squad v. the cult that is cawthorn, boebert, and MTG).ย 
ย 

how do we do that? Stop following cult of personalities. Seems like yโ€™all are so bought into joe Bidenโ€™s supposed cult, you literally have no one lined up in 2024, and will blame it on the DNC (who deserve their own blame, but anyone with a couple of brain cells know itโ€™s more from organizational rot than actual effective coordinated effort to organize against progressive candidates. Seriously - you think any candidates post Obama had digital capabilities like his campaign?

ย 

anyway, lost a couple more brain cells reading the usual suspectsโ€™ โ€œeducated thoughtsโ€

This behavior is genuinely weird and disturbing. Your only interactions in this thread are mostly only ever to quote me and tell me I'm terminally online and verbally abuse me. You've been told to stop. Multiple times. And no matter how many times @Blooย or @khalyanย have told you to stop, you keep doing it. You keep talking about the "real world" outside of Twitter, and yet if you did this to anyone in real life, you'd be sued and liable for a restraining order for toxic stalker behavior.

ย 

Enough.

That being said, IT WAS OBVIOUSLY A ******* JOKE. Only a Biden supporter would get so defensive over something so inoffensive and meaningless. Which, they have reason to, I guess. Their guy is polling at 33% approval and is STILL sinking like a rock, making Trump look like a more popular, nostalgic option for 2024.ย :skull:ย 

Some people hate Joe Biden because they sat in the ICU with loved ones during a pandemic and had to see Joe Biden sit on the TV and say he would veto Medicare For All even if Congress passed it.

ย 

Some people with fancy finance/polisci/business degrees living in San Fran/NYC/LA/DC/Dallas hate Bernie Sanders because his existence apparently was strong enough to collapse the political careers of Kamala/Pet/Beto/Hillary whose political failures weren't what these people envisioned in their 10 year plans when their internship at said political campaign was supposed to land them a job on Capitol Hill that would quickly in those 10 years see them working for some powerful NGO/thinktank/lobbying group and so **** Bernie.

ย 

These things are not the same.ย :skull:

Edited by Communion

• ATRL Official
34 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

This behavior is genuinely weird and disturbing. Your only interactions in this thread are mostly only ever to quote me and tell me I'm terminally online and verbally abuse me. You've been told to stop. Multiple times. And no matter how many times @Blooย or @khalyanย have told you to stop, you keep doing it. You keep talking about the "real world" outside of Twitter, and yet if you did this to anyone in real life, you'd be sued and liable for a restraining order for toxic stalker behavior.

ย 

Enough.

That member has been thread-banned for repeatedly ignoring warnings by members of ATRL staff.

8 minutes ago, ATRL Feedback said:

That member has been thread-banned for repeatedly ignoring warnings by members of ATRL staff.

Thank you.

The Nina vs Shontel 2.0 race a mess

ย 

Nina's team should have been expecting this

36 minutes ago, Armani? said:

ย 

On the one hand, it sucks that Pramila stabbed her in the back like this, but... on the other... it wasn't a race worth running a second time. OH-11 Democrats made up their minds when the bowl of **** comment happened, and there's a very strong pro-Israel constituency in Cleveland Heights. Maybe it would have been different if it were a regular election instead of a low-turnout special, but... hard to see what any progressive would be trying to accomplish by running in this political climate that's going to be characterized by extreme right-wing reactionary knee-jerk politics. Shontel represents the district well enough that it seems like an absolute waste to be going after this seat of all things.

ย 

Exposing Pramila Jayapal for the opportunistic fraud that she is is practically the only potential upside to this. I hope it comes back to bite her when she's angling for minority leadership the next decade. :clown:ย 

On 4/14/2022 at 2:26 PM, Bang Up said:

The way Progressives think it's sOOOooooOO funny how close the US is to succumbing to authoritarianism at the hands of Republicans all because they're still mad Bernie didn't get enough votes in 2016 and 2020. :rip: Guess who will be enemy #1 when Trump and Republicans take over? Progressives. Everything you all have fought for over the past decade will be undone in one fell swoop. But get in your kiis and your cackles and your :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: s while you still can.

ย 

Meanwhile, hundreds of anti-abortion and anti-LGBT bills continue to be passed across the country while so-called Progressives whine online about how billionaires should be taxed more. Y'all are surely fighting the good fight.

ย 

Thank you, sis!ย :fan:

How long before they call for privatizing public education?ย :rip:

ย 

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

ย 

A friend of mine has a family member that is a librarian in FL and she said they had to shut down their library for a week to go through thousands of specific books to pull in the children's, young adult, and even the adult stacks. :deadbanana:

3 hours ago, Armani? said:

ย 

but democrats are the same!!11!ย 

ย 

17 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

but democrats are the same!!11!ย 

ย 

Republicans: "Queers are PEDOPHILES!!!"

Democrats: "I feel like we can overcome this by simply ignoring it and pretending all is fine."

*3 months later*

Democrats: "Why weren't our voters enthusiastic to vote for us????"

• ATRL Moderator
22 minutes ago, Communion said:

ย 

Democrats: "I feel like we can overcome this by simply ignoring it and pretending all is fine."

*3 months later*

Having a fun time imagining the outrage if Bernie or another leftist suggested we ignore social issues like this.ย 

Actually good takes in response to this unserious neoliberal clown.

Pete being completely and totally unqualified for his job that Biden just shoved him into. Whoโ€™d have thought? :ahh:ย 

On 4/17/2022 at 9:28 PM, Armani? said:

ย 

Nina is not likable. Itโ€™s that simple ย 

20 hours ago, Communion said:

ย 

*3 months later*

If people who care about LGBT issues wanna vote GOP (because one guy says we shouldnโ€™t focus on it) or not vote at all which basically is what the ย gop wants, then they didnโ€™t care about the issues that much to begin with.ย 
ย 

when it comes to those issues the democrats are far Better and ahead on them than the gop. โœ…

ย 

If anyone says the two parties are โ€œthe sameโ€ when it comes to the LGBT community then they are completely lying.ย 

ย 

Itโ€™s a fact We have the most pro lgbtq administration this country has ever had ??????ย 

23 hours ago, Communion said:

ย 

*3 months later*

ย 

Coming from a Xi "We Don't Want Fem Boys Here" Jinpin stan, I find ironic for you to go after Dems on not supporting LGBT issues enough.ย :rip:

ย 

It's more like:

ย 

CCP:ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย "Queers are PEDOPHILES!!!"

Jersey Guy:ย  ย "I feel like the West should not push their pro-gay propaganda onto China." It's neo colonialism.

ย 

*1 Day later*

ย 

Jersey Guy:ย  ย  "What's wrong with those homophobic GOP monsters and those roll-over dems who won't stop them"

ย 

:gaycat6:

Edited by frenchyisback

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

If people who care about LGBT issues wanna vote GOP (because one guy says we shouldnโ€™t focus on it) or not vote at all which basically is what the ย gop wants, then they didnโ€™t care about the issues that much to begin with.ย 
ย 

when it comes to those issues the democrats are far Better and ahead on them than the gop. โœ…

ย 

If anyone says the two parties are โ€œthe sameโ€ when it comes to the LGBT community then they are completely lying.ย 

ย 

Itโ€™s a fact We have the most pro lgbtq administration this country has ever had ??????ย 

Literally though this. Like yeah there are a lot of problems and things they could be doing better. But to make it so black and white to say the administrations are the same is a gross over simplification. Iโ€™ll take a Biden admin any day over Trump and if you disagree you donโ€™t love yourself if youโ€™re LGBT :rip:ย I wish we could be doing more also but my control is limited in the matter and even at the end of the day if the candidates both suck Iโ€™m still gonna vote and pick the one that isnโ€™t a greater threat to my well being. I mean I guess if you really hate Biden that much youโ€™d rather Trump get back in you do you. But the sane people here will not ever listen to anything you have to sayย 

33 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

ย 

Coming from a Xi "We Don't Want Fem Boys Here" Jinpin stan,

ย 

People who care about healthcare outcomes: China's COVID strategy was good because it minimized deaths. Maybe we in the country with 1M+ COVID deaths could learn fro-

ย 

Liberals: **** you, China spy! Everything about China is bad! There is no nuance! It IS black and white - you probably love everything bad about China because China is a bad place!!ย Nothing good happens in China. Either you understand China is bad or that you're a compromised spy!!!

ย 

---

ย 

People who care about poor people: It's getting really hard to keep giving Democrats the benefit of the doubt when they continually ignore their base and their material needs. Why aren't they trying more?

ย 

Liberals: Ummmm **** you, it's regressive to frame any entity as wholly evil. The world is not black and white! There are shades of gray! Just because Democrats may not be perfect doesn't mean you can write all of them off as bad! Don't ignore the good that happens under Democrats!!

ย 

Also pretty wild when seeing another liberal get thread-banned for the aggressive ad hominemย to try and pad your posts that have no substantial or actual arguments with them with personal insults and accusations and conspiracies of users being foreign agents.ย :skull:ย Also deeply uncomfortable with your forum presence given your argument that China should be denied mRNA vaccines (arguing for senicide of all Chinese adults), your conspiracy that China vaccines were kitchen-sinked magical goo because they were China-made (anti-Asian racism), while also bragging about profit made on the blood money of your new Pfizer stocks.ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

Maybe just sit out when it comes to politics for a bit, sis. Maybe sit on how to properly form an argument, not an insult! I hope your business is doing well and employees are well-paid w/ full benefits!

Edited by Communion

50 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

to say the administrations are the same is a gross over simplification

Someone who gets a 25% on a test and someone who gets a 55% both performed drastically different from one another yet both failed by the standard of what constitutes a pass and a fail.

ย 

You're not angry that people are saying Dems and Republicans are the same because you know most are not and have to lie to claim so - you're feigning outrage that voters have standards of what they expect from Democrats to get a vote and stomping your feet with false arguments about votes for Republicans that would never be cast to begin with to cope with the fact that Biden has cratered his appeal.

ย 

FQXeX9rWQAEmvGE?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Communion

1 hour ago, Communion said:

ย 

People who care about healthcare outcomes: China's COVID strategy was good because it minimized deaths. Maybe we in the country with 1M+ COVID deaths could learn fro-

ย 

Liberals: **** you, China spy! Everything about China is bad! There is no nuance! It IS black and white - you probably love everything bad about China because China is a bad place!!ย Nothing good happens in China. Either you understand China is bad or that you're a compromised spy!!!

ย 

---

ย 

People who care about poor people: It's getting really hard to keep giving Democrats the benefit of the doubt when they continually ignore their base and their material needs. Why aren't they trying more?

ย 

Liberals: Ummmm **** you, it's regressive to frame any entity as wholly evil. The world is not black and white! There are shades of gray! Just because Democrats may not be perfect doesn't mean you can write all of them off as bad! Don't ignore the good that happens under Democrats!!

ย 

Also pretty wild when seeing another liberal get thread-banned for the aggressive ad hominemย to try and pad your posts that have no substantial or actual arguments with them with personal insults and accusations and conspiracies of users being foreign agents.ย :skull:ย Also deeply uncomfortable with your forum presence given your argument that China should be denied mRNA vaccines (arguing for senicide of all Chinese adults), your conspiracy that China vaccines were kitchen-sinked magical goo because they were China-made (anti-Asian racism), while also bragging about profit made on the blood money of your new Pfizer stocks.ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

Maybe just sit out when it comes to politics for a bit, sis. Maybe sit on how to properly form an argument, not an insult! I hope your business is doing well and employees are well-paid w/ full benefits!

China s death numbers are vastly underestimated. CPC faked them. India too has a much higher death number but the government was not able to tally them properly. People literally dumped the bodies into the Ganges...

1 hour ago, frenchyisback said:

ย 

Coming from a Xi "We Don't Want Fem Boys Here" Jinpin stan, I find ironic for you to go after Dems on not supporting LGBT issues enough.ย :rip:

ย 

It's more like:

ย 

CCP:ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย "Queers are PEDOPHILES!!!"

Jersey Guy:ย  ย "I feel like the West should not push their pro-gay propaganda onto China." It's neo colonialism.

ย 

*1 Day later*

ย 

Jersey Guy:ย  ย  "What's wrong with those homophobic GOP monsters and those roll-over dems who won't stop them"

ย 

:gaycat6:

First of all, what are talking about? China said that? Anyway, China does not control the US. Unless you're a MAGA conspiracy theorist?? Dems and the GOP have the power to shape social policy so he's going after them. China has LGBT people, one of their biggest beauty influencers is LGBT

ย 

ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.