2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

1 minute ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Yeah midterm results were definitely comforting that Trump probably doesn't have the independent support he'd need to win a general election in 2024, but people acting like he has no chance are just running the risk of a 2016 repeat.

Like he just would need to win a couple states that for the most part were won by like at most a 1 point margin for the midterms, so much can happen between now and then to get him that.

People are comforted by Biden winning the popular vote by about 10 million, but… overlook the fact that Biden only won the electoral college by 43k votes over 3 states, which is much narrower than the nearly 75k that Trump beat Hillary by.

Voter suppression in Georgia alone could be enough to give Trump our 16 EC votes. Herschel Walker isn’t losing here because he’s a Trumpy candidate but because his brain is pudding. David Perdue or Doug Collins would be beating Warnock by as much as Kemp beat Stacey Abrams by. To that end, I don’t think Trump loses GA in 2024 as much as everyone else seems to assume.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Living To Tell said:

He literally made a small ripple with this book release. Ain’t nobody talking about it.

1 hour ago, FightForTanas said:

We Won. :jonnycat:

13 hours ago, Espresso said:

:skull:

3 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

We Won. :jonnycat:

We? Who's we? Certainly not me or many others here who expect him to go out of his way to primary sitting Congress members he disagrees with. But I guess purging the Squad is in line with what milquetoast liberals want out of a minority leader who helped lead the party into the minority with all the losses in his state and his ratfucking of NY progressives.

8 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

We? Who's we? Certainly not me or many others here who expect him to go out of his way to primary sitting Congress members he disagrees with. But I guess purging the Squad is in line with what milquetoast liberals want out of a minority leader who helped lead the party into the minority with all the losses in his state and his ratfucking of NY progressives.

Cant wait for him to be the Majority speaker in 2024. :jonny5:

Just now, FightForTanas said:

Cant wait for him to be the Majority speaker in 2024. :jonny5:

Again, you want him to be Speaker when he dragged the party into the minority just this year???

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Again, you want him to be Speaker when he dragged the party into the minority just this year???

The Dems did historically better than they have in decades with an incumbent president. Imagine him sitting behind Biden during the state of the Union speech? :jonny2:

3 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

The Dems did historically better than they have in decades with an incumbent president. Imagine him sitting behind Biden during the state of the Union speech? :jonny2:

The Dems did DISASTROUSLY in New York, and a lot of that was due to Jeffries and Sean Patrick Maloney spending more time, money, and effort trying to unseat progressives than actually getting Democrats elected.

Jeffries being Speaker would be an utter disaster. Rewarding New York Democrats for their utter failure this year would be a betrayal to the voters that went to the effort of saving their skins. All because he was Pelosi's handpicked chosen one? That should be even more reason NOT to put him in charge. :redface:

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

The Dems did DISASTROUSLY in New York, and a lot of that was due to Jeffries and Sean Patrick Maloney spending more time, money, and effort trying to unseat progressives than actually getting Democrats elected.

Jeffries being Speaker would be an utter disaster. Rewarding New York Democrats for their utter failure this year would be a betrayal to the voters that went to the effort of saving their skins. All because he was Pelosi's handpicked chosen one? That should be even more reason NOT to put him in charge. :redface:

Im pretty sure it was due to the Democrats being too greedy with their Gerrymandering and then having to get a special master to redraw the map which benefitted the Republicans this election. Anyway the Dems did amazing this election and I can see them taking back the house in 2024 and I only have one more thing to say to Mr. Jeffries

1 minute ago, FightForTanas said:

Im pretty sure it was due to the Democrats being too greedy with their Gerrymandering and then having to get a special master to redraw the map which benefitted the Republicans this election. Anyway the Dems did amazing this election and I can see them taking back the house in 2024 and I only have one more thing to say to Mr. Jeffries

Funny how Cuomo's conservative judges ruled in a way that favored conservatives, isn't it? Again, another reason why New York Democrats shouldn't have been rewarded with leadership in BOTH Chambers, especially not the one that they lost.

Anyway. Can't wait for Jeffries to be the failure I know he'll be. He'll be an utter disaster at keeping the caucus together, he'll even fuel the majority of infighting, and it will be hilarious to watch.

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Funny how Cuomo's conservative judges ruled in a way that favored conservatives, isn't it? Again, another reason why New York Democrats shouldn't have been rewarded with leadership in BOTH Chambers, especially not the one that they lost.

Anyway. Can't wait for Jeffries to be the failure I know he'll be. He'll be an utter disaster at keeping the caucus together, he'll even fuel the majority of infighting, and it will be hilarious to watch.

It always comes back to wanting the Democrats to fail. How predictable. :dies: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.