2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

There is nothing more indicative of extremely bad judgement than buying into crypto :bibliahh:is that one sports stadium done peeling off the crypto letters off its building? After the crypto site being unable to continue payments lmaooo. 

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, A Bomb said:

it’s populated by wealthy people and retirees. Even the city of Miami has official numbers that latino immigrants who now live in the city are from a privileged economic backgrounds.

Well, what about those Parkland kids?

Aren't they putting up a fight against the red takeover of their state?

53 minutes ago, HBK-79 said:

There’s like a couple dozen of them. That’s not enough, especially when the entire party structure has completely collapsed in the last four years since Parkland.

DeSantis has come from barely beating Andrew Gillum to completely annihilating the literal never-Trump Republican by almost 20 points in that amount of time. Dems have lost their way in Florida, and at this point would have to waste too many resources to get it back and even then they’d probably still fail, so it’s no longer a worthwhile investment.

Then again, they’ve continued to waste resources on Ohio, so they’re probably stupid enough to keep trying heavily investing in DINO candidates like Charlie Crist and election denying grifters like Stacey Abrams who failed by nearly 8 points. :michael:

2 hours ago, HBK-79 said:

I’m sorry, but why do you have an expectation for a couple dozen college-aged people, and not the DNC? Which one actually has the responsibility to build up a strong local party. Especially on off election years to have a capable machine ready to help candidates actually win. There is also something to be said about a state that passed a statewide 15$ minimum wage, and allowed former incarcerated people to vote again. There will be no gains in Florida without the national Democratic Party funding the local state party, and not weeks before the Election Day. 

13 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

There’s like a couple dozen of them. That’s not enough, especially when the entire party structure has completely collapsed in the last four years since Parkland.

DeSantis has come from barely beating Andrew Gillum to completely annihilating the literal never-Trump Republican by almost 20 points in that amount of time. Dems have lost their way in Florida, and at this point would have to waste too many resources to get it back and even then they’d probably still fail, so it’s no longer a worthwhile investment.

Then again, they’ve continued to waste resources on Ohio, so they’re probably stupid enough to keep trying heavily investing in DINO candidates like Charlie Crist and election denying grifters like Stacey Abrams who failed by nearly 8 points. :michael:

Once again da election of 2018 was stolen, dats how DeSantis ended up winning more this time but even i question dat 20 point win, sumthin is not adding up

Plus not its not only Cubans but all of South American and Central America voting red down here, da propaganda is real 

Been numb to most politics recently except for 1) The notion of Senator Walker and 2) Alito leaking the Dobbs decision

Both of which I'm viscerally pissed off about in ways I didn't think possible weeks ago, even with the bittersweet midterm results.

On the latter, I....really what can come of the Whitehouse/Johnson investigation? Can we unpack that here because I feel like it just blew by amidst all the other mess. There's multiple layers to this.

One more reason to move forward with the Green New Deal, or whatever alternative energy sources, is that we could finally become less dependent of the oil sultans in the Middle East. They have build their big cities with our money while continuing to oppress women and gay men. It's time to stop feeding them.

Alaska published their final RCV results and Murkowski holds her Senate seat and Peltola holds her House seat. 

This is so delicious 

The Freedom Caucus forcing McCarthy to push for an impeachment effort against the most uncontroversial president of the last two decades that’s likely to fail even in the House is the stuff dreams are made of. 

I know girlies like @ClashAndBurn don’t think this will turn off voters to Republicans or help Democrats. But, after Trump’s approvals went up in the first impeachment despite him repulsing the public enough to lose the House… I just can’t see how, at a minimum, this is a good move for Republicans. Even McCarthy doesn’t think there’s an impeachable offense.

He’ll be scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for a reason.  :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.