2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

6 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

as the most conservative Democrat that California has to offer. 

This seems like an underrated reality. She's not only just conservative for California, but conservative for Congressional Dems.

She votes against progressive issues more than Tim Kaine of all people:

YyOXFVn.png

https://heystacks.com/doc/489/congressional-democrat-tracker-leftist-edition

:skull:

Ironically she's just the west coast Bob Menendez, but instead of deep-seeded corruption that the party is willing to cover-up, Feinstein's issue is her declining cognitive ability and collapse in mental health.

Edited by Communion

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

She is NOT going to retire willingly. The top priority is making sure that she keeps her Senate seat at all costs as the most conservative Democrat that California has to offer. Then she'll be replaced as nature takes its course by another anti-environment, anti-universal healthcare Democrat by Newsom or whomever else like how Harris (who is actually somewhat liberal on most issues, criminal justice record aside) got replaced by a piece of **** like Padilla.

There's a reason Pelosi is defending her even though she's very clearly lost her marbles and shouldn't be anywhere near public office.

How do you force sometime to retire?

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

This seems like an underrated reality. She's not only just conservative for California, but conservative for Congressional Dems.

She votes against progressive issues more than Tim Kaine of all people:

YyOXFVn.png

https://heystacks.com/doc/489/congressional-democrat-tracker-leftist-edition

:skull:

Ironically she's just the west coast Bob Menendez, but instead of deep-seeded corruption that the party is willing to cover-up, Feinstein's issue is her declining cognitive ability and collapse in mental health.

Indeed. And California voters aren't blameless in this either. They had a perfectly acceptable alternative and just completely ignored it because... Idk, people care more about longevity and seniority over actually having any sort of progressive value. It's not like they're mindless drones that voted for her because Obama said to. They actively made the choice to keep someone who was showing early signs of dementia in office.

1 minute ago, Monster Megamind said:

How do you force sometime to retire?

You could just accept reality that your old-as-**** Senators and President are succumbing to senility, for starters. Instead they're trying to cover up what everyone can see in broad daylight. We're pretending Biden is a functioning adult while he's literally soiling himself on state visits in front of the Queen of England. :bibliahh: We're pretending Feinstein is all there after she hugged Lindsey Graham and praised him for the toxic way he handled the Amy Coney Barrett confirmation proceedings. :bibliahh: At what point do you accept reality?

2 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You could just accept reality that your old-as-**** Senators and President are succumbing to senility, for starters. Instead they're trying to cover up what everyone can see in broad daylight. We're pretending Biden is a functioning adult while he's literally soiling himself on state visits in front of the Queen of England. :bibliahh: We're pretending Feinstein is all there after she hugged Lindsey Graham and praised him for the toxic way he handled the Amy Coney Barrett confirmation proceedings. :bibliahh: At what point do you accept reality?

You did not answer my question. I already know both are senile. But senility is not cause for disqualification.

7 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

You did not answer my question. I already know both are senile. But senility is not cause for disqualification.

You can't necessarily -force- someone to retire, but you can accept in public that a public figure's staff are making them look able to perform the duties of their job through the figurative use of smoke and mirrors. Biden was very clearly senile and Democratic voters were stupid enough to grant him the nomination and put him in office because the party and the media were complicit in pretending that he was completely fine while he was rambling about Corn Pop being a bad dude and forcing black parents to make their kids listen to record players at night because "they can't parent correctly." And then, once reality is accepted, and voters know for certain that their candidates are incapable of doing the job without being steered by unelected staff officials, they can make better, more informed choices about the capabilities of their public figures. Not to mention, they maybe shouldn't be propped up through the party's campaign finance mechanisms. :cm: 

Literally. Biden and Feinstein should be NOWHERE NEAR public office at their age and mental condition. It's a ******* national security risk.

Edited by ClashAndBurn

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You can't necessarily -force- someone to retire

Thank you... End of discussion.

• ATRL Moderator
39 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

Because that's bad optics. If she tells that Feinstein has dementia then she will be asked about Biden too. Also why should Pelosi be asked about a senator? That's none of her business.

It doesn’t matter what the reason is, Pelosi is patently propping her up which is a problem.

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

It doesn’t matter what the reason is, Pelosi is patently propping her up which is a problem.

You obviously can't expect Pelosi to comment on a Dem colleague. I'm sure they are speaking to her privately. 

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

But senility is not cause for disqualification.

You think cognitive function is irrelevant for people that make decisions about whether we go to war?

4 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

I'm glad you're fine with the Democrats being the Party of Senility and Failure.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Monster Megamind said:

You obviously can't expect Pelosi to comment on a Dem colleague. I'm sure they are speaking to her privately. 

Given that she has done so when it comes to AOC and plenty of other leftists, I’m not sure why it’s unreasonable to expect her to do something she’s shown no reservation against. 

Just now, Bloo said:

You think cognitive function is irrelevant for people that make decisions about whether we go to war?

Biden is not the sole person in the room to decide that. There is a whole group of people behind him to actually decide. So I'm sure everything is fine.

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I'm glad you're fine with the Democrats being the Party of Senility and Failure.

Yes... Because voters chose that and it's a Democracy...

I do agree we should do better next time. I hope the citizens have the choice to vote for the best young neoliberal of their choice.

11 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

22 minutes ago, Communion said:

You deny them material support through money needed to win elections like the Dem party did to India Walton, no?

?

Joe, Pete and Kamala are the Top 3 and screaming at AOC being #10 :rip: I think AOC will run for President, but not until 2028 and I'd like to think she'd have a better chance to win over Pete or Kamala.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/16/top-10-democratic-presidential-candidates-2024-ranked/

3 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Pete 

Worse collapse in black turnout than Hillary confirmed. 

19 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Joe, Pete and Kamala are the Top 3 and screaming at AOC being #10 :rip: I think AOC will run for President, but not until 2028 and I'd like to think she'd have a better chance to win over Pete or Kamala.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/16/top-10-democratic-presidential-candidates-2024-ranked/

Gina Raimondo being "worth mentioning":lmao:

no Ossoff or Fetterman? Maybe they'll be good for 2028.

Edited by americanlife

25 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Gina Raimondo being "worth mentioning":lmao:

no Ossoff or Fetterman? Maybe they'll be good for 2028.

I think Ossoff will be in the mix in the near future

41% +13 - Fetterman
26% -18 - Undecided
17% +02 - Lamb
04% - Kenyatta

3 hours ago, Communion said:

41% +13 - Fetterman
26% -18 - Undecided
17% +02 - Lamb
04% - Kenyatta

K-Hive: “The race ain’t over till it’s over. Kenyatta should stay in, but hopefully Fetterman loses the general if he makes it - ******* Bernie Bros deserve NOTHING!”

No joke. They’ve explicitly said they’d rather the Republican win than Fetterman. :rip: 

:ahh: Biden doing whatever he can to hold onto Georgia I see. 

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

:ahh: Biden doing whatever he can to hold onto Georgia I see. 

You acting like it’s Biden :coffee2: not surprised, get off Twitter.

im not surprised to see all these lame commentaries these days though. We get it, Biden sad, anyone lefty happy, anything not in these two categories confusing and anger inducing for “lEfTiEs”

some folks stay rotting online where some of us are actually trying to fund NGOs to solve for the failures of modern day government. What’s worse, 2020 know nothings known as republicans or 2020 know nothings known as lefties with their head so far up their ass they can hear their own heart beats? 

problem with govt? Bottom of the barrel losers getting elected by a bottom of the barrel electorate - yes, that includes you too, lEfTiEs, because literally no one except Twitter thinks like you. Literally. No. One. 

solution? Funding orgs that will actually form a pipeline of individuals who are here to govern and not beat their chests for their personal gain (literally the squad v. the cult that is cawthorn, boebert, and MTG). 

how do we do that? Stop following cult of personalities. Seems like y’all are so bought into joe Biden’s supposed cult, you literally have no one lined up in 2024, and will blame it on the DNC (who deserve their own blame, but anyone with a couple of brain cells know it’s more from organizational rot than actual effective coordinated effort to organize against progressive candidates. Seriously - you think any candidates post Obama had digital capabilities like his campaign?

anyway, lost a couple more brain cells reading the usual suspects’ “educated thoughts”

Edited by cash3w

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.