2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

On 1/29/2023 at 11:44 AM, Bears01 said:

the document scandal isn’t having the effect you think it is. In fact, most people think he’s handling it fine. 

It’s also not surprising when they go out and say this crap on tv 💀

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Kassi said:

Republicans DID go all out to stop Trump. Just because it didn’t work doesn’t mean they didn’t try. :rip: In fact, there was a lot of backtracking done by the Republican establishment once Trump’s candidacy became inevitable. *insert iconic Lindsey Graham tweet*

Democrats did the absolute least against Bernie, even going as far as to accommodate all of his primary requests. The losing moderates consolidating into one lane is probably the most boring way to defeat an extremist candidate, and hardly qualifies as “all out”. If Bernie had more than one leg to stand on, he would have easily toppled Sleepy Joe. But alas, his brand of communism didn’t take. :chick2:

Are you daft? The Republicans did NOT do anything to effectively stop Trump. They did nothing to consolidate the anti-Trump vote in the party and let him slide through to decisive victory with a mere plurality. 

Bernie’s biggest error was thinking he had a path by assuming the Democrats wouldn’t move heaven and earth to compel their candidates to strategically drop out to consolidate the moderates and conservative Dems together or stay in to divide the progressive faction. In the end though, Pete took the quid pro quo offered by the Obama wing to unite to defeat Bernie and take a job he was wholly unqualified for, running DOT into the ground as a result.

Truly an evil woman, and yet the Democrats just can’t even bring themselves to criticize her.

40 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Truly an evil woman, and yet the Democrats just can’t even bring themselves to criticize her.

She truly is up there as not just the worst Dem governor in the country, but one of the worst overall. Good GOD I’d go insane if I lived In NY and knew I was stuck with her until 2027, at the earliest. 

Meanwhile, changing subjects a bit: https://www.marijuanamoment.net/minnesota-marijuana-legalization-bill-advances-through-fourth-house-committee-and-second-senate-panel/

Minnesota and Hawaii look to be the 22nd and 23rd state to legalize weed soon. Fingers crossed they get it done 

On 1/28/2023 at 11:34 AM, Espresso said:

Yeah, I'm thinking about this affects grudges and inter/intra-party fights later on. 

This isn't like a Ted Cruz forgiving a JFK assassination accusation. It's different calculations. 

I wouldn't put it past Liz to have heard something from the Biden or Kamala camp or her former staffers that trashed her to Politico and this is her way of leaking it. 

Returning to this:

Liberals, KHive, and moderate Republicans have been ROASTING Warren since she made the comment, and it looks like Biden is responding by doubling down on his commitment to Kamala. So I guess that’s that.

I’m sorry but how are they gonna say “the heart and soul of the party rejected her” but not acknowledge that Kamala was rejected 10x more. :rip: Kamala was handpicked to be VP for her appeal to the donor class and former full-time reply guys to Trump tweets and no one else.

3 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I just don’t understand how such a deep blue state is giving us the worst of the worst of Democrats. :rip: The fact that NY is stuck with this witch until 2026, and she probably doesn’t even give a **** that she’ll probably end up a one term governor and a Republican as far right as Zeldin might actually win next time. :skull:

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

He definitely got these talking points from the libsoftiktok owner, Chaya Raichik . She had a meeting and dinner with Trump a week or two ago. It’s ironic this is what he decides to put out after meeting with her. It’s all the same points she pushes in her tweets and on social media. 

13 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I agree with this but it’s also a fact the majority of Americans are done with all the covid stuff and want to move on. 

32 minutes ago, Espresso said:

What a way to commemorate the first day of Black History Month :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.