2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

14 hours ago, Espresso said:

This is actually a pretty smart tactic to use - obviously it won't go anywhere, but I do think this will be popular between many undecided middle class folks.

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, getBusy said:

This is actually a pretty smart tactic to use - obviously it won't go anywhere, but I do think this will be popular between many undecided middle class folks.

Only rich people and idiots who think they are rich would find the idea appealing. :skull:

35 minutes ago, Communion said:

Only rich people and idiots who think they are rich would find the idea appealing. :skull:

Paying absolutely no federal taxes on your income in exchange for a 30% sales tax??? I think most of middle-class white America would sign up for that IMMEDIATELY. "No federal income tax" sound extremely appealing (it's a different story when you run the numbers, of course, but we both know the average American won't do that).

Wait until Republicans add on all these caps like “only up to $75,000 on a single purchase” too. Even small business owners won’t like this. It’s as blatant a regressive tax as you can propose. A much greater percent of poor and middle class people’s incomes go toward goods and services. Rich people save and invest. I’m sure many absolute morons will still find this idea appealing though.

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, getBusy said:

Paying absolutely no federal taxes on your income in exchange for a 30% sales tax??? I think most of middle-class white America would sign up for that IMMEDIATELY. "No federal income tax" sound extremely appealing (it's a different story when you run the numbers, of course, but we both know the average American won't do that).

The sales tax is the tax rate normal people are most familiar with. It’s the one where it’s not unusual for people to actively think about. “Okay, if I multiply the price by 6% then it’s roughly…” people don’t do taxes like that in their head. No normal person is going to think a 30% sales tax is attractive. This is the dumbest tax proposal I’ve ever heard. 

Actually the worst Press Secretary there’s ever been. Between her and Pete, the gays really aren’t sending their best in this administration :dies: 

Longest tenured first-term COS for Dem admin in 50 years? I think? Convenient whataboutism to mention Trump’s four in total? Those defending predictably have said this was part of his plan and those criticizing brought up the docs and the border, etc. Much ado about nothing.

21 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Actually the worst Press Secretary there’s ever been. Between her and Pete, the gays really aren’t sending their best in this administration :dies: 

More like she didn’t answer the way they want her too. There’s a difference 

On 1/19/2023 at 1:10 PM, Espresso said:

Ron isn’t nationally tested. I mean he’s already awkward as crap 💩 

It just gets worse and worse.

At this point an impeachment of Biden would be more legitimate than either of Trump’s. No joke. :deadbanana4:

26 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

It just gets worse and worse.

At this point an impeachment of Biden would be more legitimate than either of Trump’s. No joke. :deadbanana4:

Yea……No it wouldnt.  and this is good. The DOJ is doing everything that the right wing keeps saying they won’t do. Proving this DOJ isn’t political like trumps was. 

also some of these (6 items) were from  when he was a senator 💀 including his hand written notes from when he was a senator or vp!  like if they wasn’t missed before now they must not be that important. 😂

Edited by GhostBox

10 hours ago, GhostBox said:

Love this picture 😂

The problem is, the vast majority of the GP doesn't see it this way. They only hear "classified documents" and don't differentiate between Biden and Trump as the cartoon shows. In all, it's a bad look.

2 hours ago, chessguy99 said:

The problem is, the vast majority of the GP doesn't see it this way. They only hear "classified documents" and don't differentiate between Biden and Trump as the cartoon shows. In all, it's a bad look.

It is definitely not a good look, but Americans can tell the difference. People do not give the American people enough credit.

The DOJ is taking both cases seriously and we will see what happens. 

CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/18/poll-biden-classified-docs-scandal-is-inappropriate-but-not-criminal.html

A plurality of Americans, 46% to 37%, do not think Biden should face criminal charges over the mishandling of those documents, Quinnipiac found.

“Roughly two-thirds of Americans are aware of and troubled by the misplaced classified documents found in President Biden’s home and private office. But is it a criminal case? No,” Quinnipiac polling analyst Tim Malloy said in a press release.

That result contrasts with how Americans viewed former President Donald Trump’s handling of classified documents that were seized in an FBI raid of his residencelast summer: At the time, Americans told Quinnipiac by a 50% to 41% margin that Trump should be prosecuted.

This is the COVID czar who got Biden to embrace “Let it rip” by the way @Espresso @Communion

On 1/22/2023 at 6:10 PM, ClashAndBurn said:
This is the COVID czar who got Biden to embrace “Let it rip” by the way @Espresso 

I saw the early speculation on him mid-last year so I'm not exactly surprised by this. 

He won't do as well but that isn't saying much. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.