2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

2 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

:ahh: The conspiracy theories regarding Biden-Burisma.

Why would he allow his staff to go through documents if he was trying to hide them to cover up for his son? :rip: Use your brain.

And then why would he allow his staff to report those documents to the DOJ and National Archives if he was trying to hide them to cover up for his son?

That theory does not track no matter how badly you want to make the connection.

The entire reason we know about these documents is because the Biden admin made the findings public. :rip: Definitely something someone trying to hide something would do.

This scandal keeps getting worse for Biden by the day. Cope harder.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Say goodbye to Ohio for good I guess. We all saw it coming. Tim Ryan was the final nail in the coffin. If any of you have a viable plan for motivating enough turn-out for a progressive candidate that actually gets through the state infrastructure first I'm all ears, but I don't see it in my lifetime.

I don’t like making conspiracy theories, but Biden’s team “finding” documents right before the start of the 118th congress is very convenient timing. Especially when you consider that the main goal of the republican lead House is to investigate Biden nonstop. 

So far, everything about this scandal has been fully provided by Biden’s team. It almost seems like this is a distraction to keep republicans focused on documents instead of digging into different accusations. Biden has drawn first blood against himself. 

The document scandal will lead nowhere. When the Trump document scandal first happened, I was a little hesitant because losing track of documents is very common in all levels of the US government and people are rarely prosecuted for it. But then of course it came out that Trump intentionally took boxes of documents and refused to return them when he was asked to and then misled the FBI about it. Even with that, it was still extremely unlikely that Trump would be prosecuted for that. 
Now we have Biden’s first big scandal for something that is rarely prosecuted for that republicans earlier have stated that is not a big deal when they were defending Trump less than a year ago. 

It all kind of seems like a Biden created distraction. But maybe a Biden lawyer did just stumble upon documents right before the start of a new congress and this isn’t a contained scandal that will lead to huge repercussions against the Biden administration. 

1 hour ago, Vroom Vroom said:

I don’t like making conspiracy theories, but Biden’s team “finding” documents right before the start of the 118th congress is very convenient timing. Especially when you consider that the main goal of the republican lead House is to investigate Biden nonstop. 

So far, everything about this scandal has been fully provided by Biden’s team. It almost seems like this is a distraction to keep republicans focused on documents instead of digging into different accusations. Biden has drawn first blood against himself. 

The document scandal will lead nowhere. When the Trump document scandal first happened, I was a little hesitant because losing track of documents is very common in all levels of the US government and people are rarely prosecuted for it. But then of course it came out that Trump intentionally took boxes of documents and refused to return them when he was asked to and then misled the FBI about it. Even with that, it was still extremely unlikely that Trump would be prosecuted for that. 
Now we have Biden’s first big scandal for something that is rarely prosecuted for that republicans earlier have stated that is not a big deal when they were defending Trump less than a year ago. 

It all kind of seems like a Biden created distraction. But maybe a Biden lawyer did just stumble upon documents right before the start of a new congress and this isn’t a contained scandal that will lead to huge repercussions against the Biden administration. 

This is major copium omg :deadbanana2:

Like… for starters, the documents weren’t found “just before the 118th Congress.” They were found before the ELECTION and then covered up for two months. If this were all a conspiracy to get republicans to focus on it instead of something else, wouldn’t the documents have been planted after??? Russiagate seriously broke your brains, LORD :deadbanana2:

If Biden and/or Trump did something wrong with documents then yes investigate it and do what is necessary. I highly doubt by 2024 anyone is going to care or remember this random scandal of documents though. It is just news to get people to tune in. No one is going to be voting for or against him at all based on this :laugh:

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

This is major copium omg :deadbanana2:

Like… for starters, the documents weren’t found “just before the 118th Congress.” They were found before the ELECTION and then covered up for two months. If this were all a conspiracy to get republicans to focus on it instead of something else, wouldn’t the documents have been planted after??? Russiagate seriously broke your brains, LORD :deadbanana2:

I know it was a little far-fetched

You keep claiming it’s a cover up when it was typical DOJ protocol. They waited for the election to be over, including the Georgia runoff election. And then they waited for the holiday season to be over. 

Legal analysts have suggested that the so-called 60-day rule requires federal prosecutors to delay public actions during the final stages of an election to avoid influencing the perceptions of a candidate – or tipping the scale for or against a political party.

https://theconversation.com/amp/the-justice-departments-dilemma-over-prosecuting-politicians-before-an-election-190608 

14 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

I know it was a little far-fetched

You keep claiming it’s a cover up when it was typical DOJ protocol. They waited for the election to be over, including the Georgia runoff election. And then they waited for the holiday season to be over. 

https://theconversation.com/amp/the-justice-departments-dilemma-over-prosecuting-politicians-before-an-election-190608 

Ok, but Biden was publicly attacking Trump as a traitor to the country for mishandling documents all the way through that week and even after the election.

Anyway, that seems too convenient. I still say it was a cover-up and the DOJ colluded with the Biden admin to make sure the news didn’t come out until the coast was clear. And sure enough, it came out right after the speaker vote had been decided. :michael:

I don’t trust Biden or Garland one inch on this at all.

If Biden seriously violated the law in regards to these documents, he should be impeached and removed from office. Criminal charges should be on the table as well

Trump, from all public evidence, blatantly broke the law and he too should be prosecuted 

It really is that simple :cm: if anything serious is not on the table of happening to either of them, all this brouhaha is nothing more than theater and a distraction

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

If Biden seriously violated the law in regards to these documents, he should be impeached and removed from office. Criminal charges should be on the table as well

Trump, from all public evidence, blatantly broke the law and he too should be prosecuted 

It really is that simple :cm: if anything serious is not on the table of happening to either of them, all this brouhaha is nothing more than theater and a distraction

Thing is, Biden won’t have anything happen to him regardless. DOJ is pretty blatantly on his side. :cm: 

He’s “cooperating” and is outwardly saying he had nothing to do with it blaming his aides in the process, even though these documents have been sitting unsecured in locations with no visitor logs, so there will probably be no effort to get him under oath unless House Republicans are somehow able to compel him to testify. Which, given how easily Trump stonewalled House Democrats, I don’t see why Biden would see reason to comply either.

Unless there’s something extremely egregious there, the takeaway from the moderate Republican special counsel will be “nothing to see here, go look at Trump instead :cm: “

On 1/15/2023 at 3:01 PM, Espresso said:

Where is the reporting on the documents being on Burisma? 

There isn’t any. It’s just right wing Twitter gossip. But some users here post those right wing wishes on here likes it’s fact. 

14 hours ago, Bang Up said:

:ahh: The conspiracy theories regarding Biden-Burisma.

Why would he allow his staff to go through documents if he was trying to hide them to cover up for his son? :rip: Use your brain.

And then why would he allow his staff to report those documents to the DOJ and National Archives if he was trying to hide them to cover up for his son?

That theory does not track no matter how badly you want to make the connection.

The entire reason we know about these documents is because the Biden admin made the findings public. :rip: Definitely something someone trying to hide something would do.

Exactly 😂 

17 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

There isn’t any. It’s just right wing Twitter gossip. But some users here post those right wing wishes on here likes it’s fact. 

CNN reported that the documents related to Ukraine. Literally what else could it be? :ahh:

Partisan clowns, all of you. :ahh: 

Reminder that Joe Biden was even too racist for a KKK grand wizard

And yet, for some reason, a lot of black people LOVE him because he played second fiddle to Obama and was only there to soften the ticket for racist whites to be able to swallow it. Even though if he had his way, Jim Crow Joe would still have them segregated into “separate but equal” schools. :heart:

5 hours ago, Rotunda said:

Big deal for Georgians 

This is Georgia's *Republican* governor??

:deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Communion said:

This is Georgia's *Republican* governor??

:deadbanana4:

I honestly do think Kemp is positioning himself well for a presidential run after Trump/DeSantis have fizzled. He’ll probably go for Ossoff’s senate seat first, and be poised to go for it in 2032 or 2036. He’s honestly a bigger threat than either of those two, especially after vanquishing Stacey Abrams twice, while DeSantis never really had a competitive race this year at all. I mean… the Democrats REALLY chose that loser Charlie Crist :ahh: 

The liberals in the replies SCREAMING at the Daily Beast for platforming a journalist whose been rightfully critical of Pete, calling him biased :ahh: 

SO funny seeing Republicans cry about identity politics and not allowing LaSalle to break through the glass ceiling :ahh: 

On 1/17/2023 at 9:33 PM, ClashAndBurn said:

I honestly do think Kemp is positioning himself well for a presidential run after Trump/DeSantis have fizzled. He’ll probably go for Ossoff’s senate seat first, and be poised to go for it in 2032 or 2036. He’s honestly a bigger threat than either of those two, especially after vanquishing Stacey Abrams twice, while DeSantis never really had a competitive race this year at all. I mean… the Democrats REALLY chose that loser Charlie Crist :ahh: 

I’d be surprised if Kemp doesn’t try to move quicker tbh 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.