[Day 730] Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Espresso
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

How to Support Ukraine:

The National Bank of Ukraine has decided to open a special fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine:

Official special account: 

UA843000010000000047330992708

The account is multi-currency, it is created and opened both for the transfer of funds from international partners and donors - in foreign currency (US dollars, euros, British pounds), and from Ukrainian businesses and citizens - in national currency.

For USD remittances:
BENEFICIARY: National Bank of Ukraine
BENEFICIARY BIC: NBUA UA UX
BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: 9 Instytutska St, Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 400807238
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, New York
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: CHASUS33
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017, USA
PURPOSE OF PAYMENT: for crediting account 47330992708

For EUR remittances:
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 5040040066
IBAN DE05504000005040040066 
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: DEUTSCHE  BUNDESBANK, Frankfurt
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: MARKDEFF
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: Wilhelm-Epstein-Straße 14, 60431 Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

For GBP remittances:

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 40000982
IBAN GB52CHAS60924280033041
Sort code 60-92-42 
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK NA, London
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: CHASGB2L
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AJ, UK

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Genius1111

• ZIVERT

• katykater

Mess at this thread basically being a twitter spam, can't even load any page properly without this page cracking down

RPaY.gif

6 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I really don’t see how openly stating this isn’t an open and brazen escalation of the war that would lead to Russia deciding all bets are off and proceeding to launch into Mutually-Assured Destruction. It’s like they’re intentionally daring Russia to launch nukes at this point.

5 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Mess at this thread basically being a twitter spam, can't even load any page properly without this page cracking down

RPaY.gif

It's better than multiple tweets per post (past 2) as another member posted here but unfortunately that loading problem won't change much for tweets after talking to a mod about it.

There's always the option of doing a transfer of all the tweets to text but that's way too time consuming for me and key context gets lost so until there's a revolt from more users, I'll just allow the download time and visitors a chance to refresh the thread if they wish. 

6 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I really don’t see how openly stating this isn’t an open and brazen escalation of the war that would lead to Russia deciding all bets are off and proceeding to launch into Mutually-Assured Destruction. It’s like they’re intentionally daring Russia to launch nukes at this point.

Most reports indicate Russia will fully declare war on Ukraine in just a few days - whether that's just an escalation in language from the "military operation" or action we'll have to see. The political faultline for many Russians apparently is including conscripts. 

Haven't seen much recent analysis on nuclear escalation per these new warnings of a formal declaration of war but I'll keep looking. 

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

It's better than multiple tweets per post (past 2) as another member posted here but unfortunately that loading problem won't change much for tweets after talking to a mod about it.

There's always the option of doing a transfer of all the tweets to text but that's way too time consuming for me and key context gets lost so until there's a revolt from more users, I'll just allow the download time and visitors a chance to refresh the thread if they wish. 

There's a spoilers option so we can click and read and then close and go to the next spoilers full of tweets. That way it doesn't crash serves that much

RPaY.gif

Just now, Bloodflowers. said:

There's a spoilers option so we can click and read and then close and go to the next spoilers full of tweets. That way it doesn't crash serves that much

RPaY.gif

Fair, will start that tomorrow here with notes. 

Most reports indicate Russia will fully declare war on Ukraine in just a few days - whether that's just an escalation in language from the "military operation" or action we'll have to see. The political faultline for many Russians apparently is including conscripts. 

Haven't seen much recent analysis on nuclear escalation per these new warnings of a formal declaration of war but I'll keep looking. 

Mess, if Russia wants to destroy the Earth in a month or two can they let me know now so I can start my hoe phase before we all die?

RPaY.gif

1 minute ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Mess, if Russia wants to destroy the Earth in a month or two can they let me know now so I can start my hoe phase before we all die?

RPaY.gif

Russian forces are practicing simulated nuclear-capable missile strikes on the Baltic coast which I think I already posted about so I was somewhat wrong with the latest post - it does in fact appear to be a physical escalation and not just verbal. 

Also I'm not seeing the spoiler button in my post taskbar - did it get removed or can you help me find it?

If Russia decides to nuke us, there is nothing we can do. It's all up to powerful elites to find compromise. I don't think there is a point for me to seek nuclear shelters because everything around me would be destroyed and my body would collapse in slow pain.

RPaY.gif

Russian forces are practicing simulated nuclear-capable missile strikes on the Baltic coast which I think I already posted about so I was somewhat wrong with the latest post - it does in fact appear to be a physical escalation and not just verbal. 

Also I'm not seeing the spoiler button in my post taskbar - did it get removed or can you help me find it?

Spoiler

You click the eye thing.

Or you type (Spoiler)then you post tweets and then end with (/spoiler) only except for "( spoiler )" you use "[ spoiler ]"

RPaY.gif

Angelina Jolie apparently had to be taken to a bomb shelter in Lyiv :ace: I mean, kneejerk reaction is more harm than good I guess, but :doc:

4 hours ago, Espresso said:

@Bloodflowers. The eye isn't showing up in my taskbar and the brackets didn't work either...confused. 

You're not the only one. It doesn't appear to me anymore, it used to, but I just realised it doesn't

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.