Video Games you played recently

Ghibli

So I just bought Forspoken. I'm currently playing at the highest difficulty and have Frey receive more damage. 2 hours in and I just beat the dragon in the opening area after being killed like 10 times but it's very satisfying.

I've always wanted to play a character that would make me feel like a very powerful mage with fast-paced gameplay. This game is what I've been longing for for the longest time, Frey is very definition of battle mage. Right now I'm at where my arsenal is only composed of two support magic and three offensive magic but hell I've been enjoying dancing around the enemies while juggling with the spells. I cannot wait to get ahold of the full magic arsenal and enjoy blasting enemies away.

Anyway, I could careless about the story and the dialogue that seem to be the main criticism of the game (although I do think the review bomb and the amount of petty bandwagon hate that this game are getting is unwarranted). The combat system (which is the most important aspect of a game) more than makes up for it.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• FailSafe

• Rigalo

• Tangane

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently finished Elden ring and WHEW

Talk about GOTY! Loved every second of it! Hope we get more games from fromsoftware that are similar or build on from it!

Especially loved the magic aspect of it! 10/10

I think I'm about to pop a vein. 

I've just finished a playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition on my laptop, all good and dandy, everything went well. Then I went to try Dragon Age: Origins but the game keeps crashing. I disabled my overlays (Steam and Nvidia), put the app to be on a single core, checked for Windows updates, made sure in Steam for the game to run via Direct x9 but nothing seems to work so far for me to have a smooth gameplay experience. I thought maybe a p*rated version would work better, still the same issues of the game randomly closing and then having to start from my last save of the game.:hoetenks:

I though ok, I can buy the game for PS4 but apparently it's only available on PS3 and it's not backwards compatible.:rip:

7ef4884f8f81395a11d6f2272d5dbd2ccd4020c9

Instead of spending 100 years on Dreadwolf, Bioware should've pulled a MassEffect and do a remaster of the previous games and put them all three in one.

Kind of random question but not sure where else to ask… I’ve been purging some stuff lately, does anyone have any idea with what to do with an old PS1 and PS2? I have 10-15 games for each console but the ps1 games are in shambles, idk if they’d even work. I thought about calling local youth clubs to see if they’d take the ps2 but I was wondering if it would be too outdated for that. I don’t think I’d regret getting rid of either bc I have almost all of the ps2 games remastered on more current systems.

if anyone has done this/has any ideas just let me know! :heart:

So I installed some 4GB patch and running Dragon Age: Origins with it helps me play the game without crashing (as much as it used to before:biblionny:)

Zevran kinda ended Dorian and Origins serves better than Inquisition so far in terms of storyline imo.

The darkspawn by themselves >>> Coripheus but the Loghain is lowkey a flop villain so far.

Phasmophobia 9/10 (the ghosts don't like to get asked for their sexuality)

Osu! 10/10

I agree, I play pretty boring games 

• ATRL Moderator

I'm like 2/3 done with Ghost of Tsushima and BOY is this game long af :redface: I'm enjoying it, but they could have cut some of this content out nnnn.

Last week I FINALLY beat Disgaea D2 on PS4 thru PS+, literally took me months. Not because it’s so long but I would take too long of breaks from it. It was cute but more of the same if you have played the franchise. 

a couple of days ago I ran thru Sonic the Hedgehog via Sonic Origins on Switch. I kinda liked it way more than I thought I would, I can’t be bothered collecting the gems tho, those zones are so annoying :rip: 

I just played Little Misfortune and I am perched :jonnycat:.

La señorita Ramírez Hernández comió y no dejó nada. 

Edited by commander

Not played, but I've been watching gameplays of Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3... Such a brilliant game.

Circus Electrique is a nice little strategy game while I wait to get my hands on Octopath Traveler II! :sistrens:

COD: Modern Warfare

On 2/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, Rigalo said:

Kind of random question but not sure where else to ask… I’ve been purging some stuff lately, does anyone have any idea with what to do with an old PS1 and PS2? I have 10-15 games for each console but the ps1 games are in shambles, idk if they’d even work. I thought about calling local youth clubs to see if they’d take the ps2 but I was wondering if it would be too outdated for that. I don’t think I’d regret getting rid of either bc I have almost all of the ps2 games remastered on more current systems.

if anyone has done this/has any ideas just let me know! :heart:

Is there a pawn shop in your town or one of those entertainment shops where you can trade in games, CDs, videos etc for money? That would be the best place.

Dead Space... very slowly.

I like it after never playing the OG.

Fortnite. While I love the new chapter, I'm so over the POI's looking the same medival vibe. The fact my favorite spots to land are Slappy Shores and Faulty Splits.

2 hours ago, FailSafe said:

64 hours in and platinum'd Forspoken. Frey ruined every playable mage in existence for me. 

what do you mean? elaborate 

1 hour ago, Spartan528 said:

what do you mean? elaborate 

Because she's the best battle mage character I've ever played. Frey is extremely powerful lore wise and game play wise. I really don't get the people that say the gameplay is clunky when it is quite the opposite, yes it might take a while to get used to it but once I managed to get the hang of it and master it, it is fun as hell. This is why I think the demo did a disservice to the full game. You are supposed to learn the magics gradually and experiment combos along the way, and not dump the player out of nowhere with 2 sets of skills already.   

Also, tweaking several things in the settings made the game much more enjoyable to me. I really can't say something about the gameplay anymore because it might get a bit spoiler-y but I'll just leave a brief description of each spell set:

- the OG set is pretty much the "balanced" one.

- the second one specializes in cqc and you can dance around the enemies depending on the combos.

- third one has the best support spells; visually stunning, too (well all four sets are tbh)

- fourth one is the most versatile, you can use stealth to surprise enemies and take a good chunk of their HP. Additionally, it also has the best AoE spells once you know how to properly trigger them and watch as you decimate enemies with it.

Spell set transitions can also compliment one another but that's for a deeper gameplay mechanic analysis.

Edited by FailSafe

5 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

Because she's the best battle mage character I've ever played. Frey is extremely powerful lore wise and game play wise. I really don't get the people that say the gameplay is clunky when it is quite the opposite, yes it might take a while to get used to it but once I managed to get the hang of it and master it, it is fun as hell. This is why I think the demo did a disservice to the full game. You are supposed to learn the magics gradually and experiment combos along the way, and not dump the player out of nowhere with 2 sets of skills already.   

Also, tweaking several things in the settings made the game much more enjoyable to me. I really can't say something about the gameplay anymore because it might get a bit spoiler-y but I'll just leave a brief description of each spell set:

- the OG set is pretty much the "balanced" one.

- the second one specializes in cqc and you can dance around the enemies depending on the combos.

- third one has the best support spells visually stunning too (well all for sets are tbh)

- fourth one is the most versatile, you can use stealth to surprise enemies and take a good chunk of their HP. Additionally, it also has the best AoE spells once you know how to properly trigger them and watch as you decimate enemies with it.

Spell set transitions can also compliment one another but that's for a deeper gameplay mechanic analysis.

Oh wow, glad you enjoyed it that much. I’ll eventually give it a try once they shave a few dollars off

4 minutes ago, Spartan528 said:

Oh wow, glad you enjoyed it that much. I’ll eventually give it a try once they shave a few dollars off

Well what can I do, I'm a sucker for magic; and Forspoken just happened to hit all the soft spots! Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did :smiley:

Is anyone playing Hi-Fi Rush? I just completed the first level and it's so colourful and funny. I have no experience with rhythm games so I just stumbled my way to that first boss fight, but with the music it got me completely pumped. I hope they'll reiterate with a pop music entry :jonny:

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished Hogwarts Legacy and now waiting for RE4 :gaycat2:

Playing Code:Vein because it's free and I just wanna say,  someone fire the team in charged of creating the Cathedral of Sacred Blood holy **** this place is giving me aneurysm 

angry-lady.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.