Films you watched recently

Pol McCutie

Watched Mr. Harrigan’s Phone on Netflix and…what was the point of ANY of this? :deadbanana2:

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flower moon

• Into The Void

• Walk_Away21

• Reverse Warholian

watched this 80s horror (dark comedy?) movie called 'Society'... it was um... :rip: Basically, the world elite is actually a different species that can literally deform themselves and morph their flesh with one another and every month they have a party where they feast on poor people in a slimy orgy where they literally merge/meld into each others bodies; (a man gets on all fours and literally makes his face pop out his ass, a mother and daughter morph together and you see the daughter's head come out of the mothers ******). I was :rip: :rip: :rip: the whole time

Edited by Pikachoo

Was okay but definitely lacked the binding thing the film tried to emphasize; the childhood bond. Just 5-10mins of them as kids would've cemented everything and brought this movie home.

Edited by RunUpDoneUp

6 hours ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

Was okay but definitely lacked the binding thing the film tried to emphasize; the childhood bond. Just 5-10mins of them as kids would've cemented everything and brought this movie home.

i saw the reviews on letterboxed and decided to skip it :deadbanana2:

https://letterboxd.com/film/a-christmas-to-treasure/reviews/by/activity/

anyway,

https://letterboxd.com/childofthemoon/film/a-jenkins-family-christmas/

https://letterboxd.com/childofthemoon/film/the-christmas-setup/

https://letterboxd.com/childofthemoon/film/violent-night/

Edited by Vixen Eyes

Monster (8.5) - Charlize Theron’s performance is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

Bullet Train (6.5) - A fun time.

Babylon (9) - A masterpiece that deserves far more than what it’s getting. I think this will get its retrospective appreciation sometime in the future. Definitely a favorite of 2022.

Nope (6) - Enjoyable and entertaining, but I found this very overrated from a quality standpoint? I always appreciate a good metaphor, but I found this to be pretty clumsily done.

i just watched Eyes Wide Shut last night and felt disappointed after finishing it.

idk how to describe it, but it feels like most of the scenes were more shock value than displaying an actual message. there felt like no real resolution and maybe that's part of the message?

glass onion 1/10 what a terrible, contrived movie .. camp but stupid, too on the nose and just plain boring .. gay craig and monaé did standout but it was just so meh

last christmas 9/10 my third time seeing it and it always manages to soothe me, melancholically 

On 12/27/2022 at 11:45 AM, flower moon said:

Pearl.... what in the world.

did you like it?

46 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

glass onion 1/10 what a terrible, contrived movie .. camp but stupid, too on the nose and just plain boring .. gay craig and monaé did standout but it was just so meh

last christmas 9/10 my third time seeing it and it always manages to soothe me, melancholically 

did you like it?

I did. But yeah, it was super bizarre/creepy. Reminded me a bit of Shutter Island somehow.

52 minutes ago, flower moon said:

I did. But yeah, it was super bizarre/creepy. Reminded me a bit of Shutter Island somehow.

the DiCaprio movie? i love that film so much, always kills me.

maybe I'll fulfill @Alongoria13's wish and finally watch Pearl :mandown: 

23 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

the DiCaprio movie? i love that film so much, always kills me.

maybe I'll fulfill @Alongoria13's wish and finally watch Pearl :mandown: 

i mean its really not similar but theres a weird surrealness to it :chick2:

________

Just watched Aftersun. liked it. felt like i didnt pay close enough attention tbh.

I've just saw Moonfall and wow, how terribly bad is it. :bibliahh:

And I geniunely enjoy Disaster movies especially from Emmerich like Day After Tomorrow and 2012 but this one is just a slog to go through. :rip:

• 2 weeks later...

The Menu - 4.5/5

It got a bit boring until people actually started to die, even then there wasn't enough horror for me. Ralph and Anya's performances are excellent though. 

Women Talking – 9/10

Tackled spiritual gaslighting/nature vs. nurture possibly the best I've ever seen in a film.

Marriage Story – 7.5/10

Very realistic, although I didn't feel as emotionally invested in the characters as I wanted to.

Love, Simon – 6/10

Cute movie but there were too many cringe/out of pocket moments for me to think it lived up to the praise :rip:

Aftersun – 8/10

Very much a slow burn, will need to watch this again because I was very sleepy and couldn't give it the attention it requires. It's almost too subtle, but I understand that this is also part of what has made it so impactful for many.

The Whale - 7/10, when it ended I thought it's an 8.5/10 but then I realized there were a lot of cringe scenes with Ellie, the whole movie feels like an emotional trap

The Banshees of Inisherin - 8/10, the ending isn't what I wanted it to be, but I can't deny this film's grandeur, the cinematography is specless, the scenery, the acting, the comedy. That one heated exchange between Siobhan and Dominic had me gasping for air from laughter. Wish they did Dominic's character justice, but Barry still brought him to life. He's a highlight even amongst the other main 3 actors.

Started my Oscar nominated films lineup.

EEAAO - Rewatch. Still impressive 10/10

Banshees of Inisherin  - Not Mcdonough's best but a solid one. 9/10 Colin Farrell is still so hot. I want to stay in that island with him for the rest of my life.

Top Gun: Maverick - rewatch - just okay. The jet scenes are still impressive 7/10

Triangle of Sadness - Act II is hilarious but I'm a little disappointed with Act III 7/10

Avatar: The Way of Water - really cool world building. the story doesn't really matter when you have these impressive visuals 8/10

I'll watch the second half soon. I have started AQOTWF and Elvis before but got bored with them lol. I need to rewatch them again.

Sissy (2022) 10/10. Was rooting for the killer the entire time :gaycat7:.

Bodies Bodies Bodies 10/10. I love these horror movies where every single character is insufferable and abhorrent and I end up enjoying their deaths :bibliahh:. Rachel Sennott stole the show. I died laughing at every single line she said, it was like watching Jocelyn from Bob's burgers come to life:bibliahh:. Where's her Oscar nomination?

Edited by Cleanromantic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.