K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, Sept said:

They are "faking" the screaming too, how DARE they? 

omg the pre-recorded fan screams! How EMBARRASSING right!? 

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

Did SM photoshop the crowd :rip: 

wow the crowd looks great (are these edited?)

1 minute ago, VelvetCrush said:

Kpop fans are usually a good crowd regardless of the country but other than it's usually pretty boring tbh

I’m thinking you’re talking about festival crowds right? Because artists’ tours in America have pretty good crowds. Even the festivals I’ve been to like the Lolapalooza had GREAT crowds. So it’s not really an “American” thing. It just depends on the day or time or location I guess, pretty hit or miss. 

1 minute ago, BadX said:

Isn’t it weird that they waited until a surprise US music festival appearance to turn their mics on? 

I mean it was their first concert performance. Lip syncing in music shows is kinda the norm nowdays in kpop regardless we like it or not but lipsyncing at a concert outside korea, especially a festival, would be truly embarassing even by kpop standards

Ning Ning ate :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, Jared said:

omg the pre-recorded fan screams! How EMBARRASSING right!? 

Argue with the wall if you think there weren’t piped in audience interactions :rip: it was obvious from the tik tok live with videos that captured the concert further away. 

Yikes the bar is in hell for Kpop groups when an entertainer's valiant attempt (but ultimate failure) to entertain should be praised because at least you can hear them breathing on the mic while they shouted their lyrics :deadbanana4:

Some girls are not performers and that's okay. They had a fun time I guess and the same SM stans that believed the fake media play will eat up something so ultimately....dull.

SingSing did well though except the fake high notes

Anyway, the point of them being here was for SM to mediaplay their importance in Korea. This will do as little for their American exposure and popularity as their Macy Parade and Nick Cannon appearances. Instead put that time and effort into a Korean tour.

Lowkey a waste of time but I genuinely hope they have fun in Cali and make some friends. Maybe hit up Jaden he's probably milling about somewhere.

It just hit different idk :michael:

Maybe SM should have rearranged the songs, got rid of the choreo and got a live rock band playing behind them.

Aespa got some of the girlies here fuming :jonny5:

Whew aespa SINGERS :jonny5:

Y'all annoying me today. Really in here immediately after the performance looking for reasons to nitpick and writing essays :deadbanana4: 

Our expectations were low, but they exceeded them. Let us take the win :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Argue with the wall if you think there weren’t piped in audience interactions :rip: it was obvious from the tik tok live with videos that captured the concert further away. 

I don't know why they think faking audience screams isn't possible when it happens on music shows during covid all the time

So, Hot Issue's Hyeongshin opened up an ig.

While this is usually the way things end, this is starting to look like a new beginning.  Kinda like a Dreamcatcher situation, if you will.  Which is good for us because it's lame to lose girl groups this quickly as fewer and fewer of them are being produced.  And it'd be good for Hyeongshin because she first signed up with the person who created Girl's Day only to see that fizzle out, and then she signed up with the person who created 4minute and Apink only to see that not even last 11 months.  That's just unfortunate.

:cm:

1 minute ago, New Edition said:

I don't know why they think faking audience screams isn't possible when it happens on music shows during covid all the time

You have so much to say about a group you clearly don't like, miss thing. Eat your food and let other people enjoy a positive moment :cm:

3 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Yikes the bar is in hell for Kpop groups when an entertainer's valiant attempt (but ultimate failure) to entertain should be praised because at least you can hear them breathing on the mic while they shouted their lyrics :deadbanana4:

Some girls are not performers and that's okay. They had a fun time I guess and the same SM stans that believed the fake media play will eat up something so ultimately....dull.

SingSing did well though except the fake high notes

Anyway, the point of them being here was for SM to mediaplay their importance in Korea. This will do as little for their American exposure and popularity as their Macy Parade and Nick Cannon appearances. Instead put that time and effort into a Korean tour.

Lowkey a waste of time but I genuinely hope they have fun in Cali and make some friends. Maybe hit up Jaden he's probably milling about somewhere.

It just hit different idk :michael:

Maybe SM should have rearranged the songs, got rid of the choreo and got a live rock band playing behind them.

If you're so obsessed with BP's coachella set then go watch it? No one is stopping you sweetie.

All these users showing such loser behaviour. 

The essays, the "30 sec lipped high notes!!!!", so embarrassing  :dies:

3 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Even the sensible users who criticized SM stans the other day are giving aespa their props, I know it must bother you they aren't getting dragged and you aren't fighting with everyone against the mean "SM stans"

10 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

I mean it was their first concert performance. Lip syncing in music shows is kinda the norm nowdays in kpop regardless we like it or not but lipsyncing at a concert outside korea, especially a festival, would be truly embarassing even by kpop standards

Which is disappointing because it takes away the fun of performances. If every stage sounds and looks the same then what’s really the point. 

32 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Where

the main stage at Coachella, invited by 88rising 

26 minutes ago, Adama said:

Winter looking bored and serving zero energy even In Coachella :bibliahh:

maybe if the concept wasn’t stupid these girls would be feeling it, they even cringe talking about their own sims characters 

AESPA was never a vocalist group :skull: They’re no NMIXX, so why the high expectations for them? 

3 minutes ago, Somi said:

AESPA was never a vocalist group :skull: They’re no NMIXX, so why the high expectations for them? 

This NMIXX payola. :rip: 

LOVE DIVE finally surpassed tomboy on melon 24hits 

They’ reached the #2 peak :clap3:

Just now, Jared said:

This NMIXX payola. :rip: 

The NMIXX girls have been singing live since their debut and are universally praised for their vocals. So I’m asking why is AESPA being held to a standard when they’ve yet to sing live? They actually did better than I thought they would. 

9 minutes ago, HausOfEnzo said:

All these users showing such loser behaviour. 

The essays, the "30 sec lipped high notes!!!!", so embarrassing  :dies:

Ikr they were guest performers in the slot of another artist where people expecting a high production nnnnn

9 minutes ago, Somi said:

Girl you act like they're Mamamoo, Nmixx girlies have cute vocals but let's not go too far :skull: I don't think they'd sound much different from Aespa here in this kind of context

4 minutes ago, Adama said:

LOVE DIVE finally surpassed tomboy on melon 24hits 

They’ reached the #2 peak :clap3:

Is BB still #1?