K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

I can't believe we can now call all the chart master debaters circle jerks without it being too obscure a reference anymore.

:cm:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

YG plus is YGE distribution company? Whew the rapi$ts have every entertainment field covered 

Just now, Jared said:

This argument always sends me. Ya'll act like they pulled a Wonder Gorls and were in the states for months. They were there for like a week sksksksk.

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

I meant its still too early in their careers to do this tbh. I know SM is desperate for western validation but the song is bad and promo isn't working. A I said, I think they should have worked on their fanbase in Asia before. 

And the fact that they're still in the US

This 1-2 punch. They really never miss.

Is it too bold to claim that WJSN has one of the best discographies in all of kpop?

4 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I meant its still too early in their careers to do this tbh. I know SM is desperate for western validation but the song is bad and promo isn't working. A I said, I think they should have worked on their fanbase in Asia before. 

And the fact that they're still in the US

I mean they are about to pull a milli first week and China is stanning harder than ever so.

Not defending SM promo strategy by any means, but the gorls are struggling by no means.

13 minutes ago, Sugden said:

the way reveluvs are buying all their old albums :rip:

Not RED VELVET pulling 235K catalog sales monthly for SM.

The way the ORVH lost everything. I'm cackling.

Thots @Zack?

5 minutes ago, Century said:

All of their recent promotions have been starting late in Korea. It’s obvious now they were doing this on purpose to get k-mys used to them being gone for a few weeks at release.

4 minutes ago, Jared said:

They are going to be on Good Morning America on Friday morning sis.

imo they are making the same noise 127 and superm made when they were promoting in the US but the girls are slaying harder than ever in sales etc so who am I to say the strategy is not working

maybe lee sooman's goal after all is for them to be sales monster like nshitty or whatever

5 minutes ago, Jared said:

This 1-2 punch. They really never miss.

Is it too bold to claim that WJSN has one of the best discographies in all of kpop?

I don't like the early output of them anything else is pretty good also Yeonjung just elevated so much their singing, imo they could be perceived one of the best discographies but by the international kpopers

6 minutes ago, Jared said:

Not RED VELVET pulling 235K catalog sales weekly for SM.

The way the ORVH lost everything. I'm cackling.

Thots @Zack?

Even RVF Day 2 (Their biggest flop ever) crossed 100K on hanteo:giraffe:

Song of the summer is coming

20 minutes ago, Sugden said:

the way reveluvs are buying all their old albums :rip:

the albums were all out of stock for 2+ years 

9 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

imo they are making the same noise 127 and superm made when they were promoting in the US but the girls are slaying harder than ever in sales etc so who am I to say the strategy is not working

maybe lee sooman's goal after all is for them to be sales monster like nshitty or whatever

It’s not like they’re flopping in Korea digitally. 

#32 Next Level — 8,032,516 (Total 944,988,694) [+1]

[Week: 59 | Peak: 2] 

#68 Life's Too Short (English Ver.) — 5,542,359 (Total 7,757,023) [+96] *new peak*

[Week: 2 | Peak: 68]

#72 Savage — 5,470,489 (Total 446,837,058) [-6]

[Week: 39 | Peak: 2] 

#113 Dreams Come True — 3,045,140 (total 245,502,190) [-10]

[Week: 28 | Peak: 8] 

They’re digital monsters.

3 hours ago, Mel. said:

idk if this was already posted

but I wonder if Jordin tweeted this because she's a fan or because she worked on the album 

:gaycat3:we will see when the first single credits are released

Can someone help me understand the Korean charts? Like they have so many charts such as Gaeon, Hanteo, Bugs etc. like which one of them is the main one aka their “Billboard Hot 100”  or their “Billboard 200” that determines whether they have a #1 song or album in the country?

Edited by Pluto2022

JTBC is terrible for not licensing SNSD's variety show to a subber streaming service. Luckily SNSD still has one of the best and only fan subbing teams so we still get to watch it :rip:

Some of the posts so concerned about how well aespa will or won't do are so strange. What happened to liking the songs? :rip:

Why did no one tell me that NCT 127 had this absolute banger called "What we talking about" with some random called Marteen? And that it's exclusively on Apple music :jonny5: SM keeps playing but 127 could have been an absolute stellar R&B group. That music suits all their voices so well.

wait at fromis_9 having the first Circle #1 album :clap3: they paved the way :clap3:

10 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

Some of the posts so concerned about how well aespa will or won't do are so strange. What happened to liking the songs? :rip:

I don’t think “we dem girlz” is about to be a pinnacle of quality. The girls themselves don’t even seem to think anything about it noteworthy as none of them pick it as a track they like :rip: 

4 hours ago, rzal said:

winwin getting canceled

Seriously, SM needs to put Xiaojun, Kun, Hendery, and Yangyang in another official unit so they can have something to fall back on.