K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Inb4

Ryan fucks us over again.

”We dem girlz. That’s MY man! I’ll protect him from Black Mamba! Even Naevis better not touch him!”

Ngl, the fact that a possible empowering song titled Girls comes from a demo titled We Dem Boyz is so funny to me :deadbanana4:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaia actually spilling for once. Girls rollout has been terrible and aespa are stagnant in Korea.

Which is funny because Savage EP had one of the best rollouts in recent memory.

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

24 minutes ago, Gaia said:

HYLT was a pre-release from the same era as LSG so it doesn't matter if LSG didn't perform as well on YT.

aespa is stagnant no matter how you look at it.

Youtube:

Black Mamba - 226M

Next Level - 235M

Savage - 204M

Youtube Likes:

Black Mamba - 3.9M

Next Level - 3.5M

Savage - 3.3M

Spotify:

Black Mamba - 133M

Next Level - 142M

Savage - 110M

Every comeback has similar stats. They aren't reaching wider audiences with their comebacks. They're just stagnant. SM needs to do something different or they'll never really go anywhere further than where they are now. They may convert casual listeners to fans and get higher album sales, but they aren't getting anymore popular WW with these comebacks which isn't a good sign.

That’s because their catalog ended up having longevity and people continued to play their old music. It’s also why Black Mamba has so many months on the charts despite initially struggling. They had an organic rise and that tends to lead to similar stats for an artist’s discography until a few years later when longevity shows the more remembered hits.

They literally went from struggling everywhere (Black Mamba) to the biggest digital hit this decade (Next Level) to a mini-album that broke debut records (Savage) to a mini-album that is about to break all-time records (Girls). How much more successful can they be when they’re already #1? :skull: 

48 minutes ago, Sept said:

BP actually didn't

NL and Savage are just too high of a peak to replicate. Aespa might just experience their Signal moment :celestial5:

They’re possibly about to set the highest sales for a female album in the history of South Korea and they’re doing it with their second physical release which is a mini album. They’re the fastest growing girl group ever in South Korea. Signal was not set up for this kind of success.

Not feeling girls. LTS and Illusion are both 10s though so maybe the final song will be better for me. :celestial5:

Signal was #1 for 3 weeks, if Girls becomes a 3-week #1 that's not gonna be an underperformance regardless of its longevity :skull:

what kind of name is that :toofunny2:

Edited by hallucinate

pretty much every song (except dance) on Viviz mini could've been the title track over Loveade 

a0f74oj.gif

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

The way this guy and me have the same taste and thoughts on every song he reacts, and now he nailed it with this one too :jonny:

also I love how he dissects music and imagery based on the cultural nuances. I didn’t even know Sunmi was using a formal language throughout the song and that could mean that she was pointing out that sexism dynamic very subtly.
we love when reaction youtubers give us something substantial to think about. @sunmimi imfurst @hallucinate

i didn’t know it as well, we love a real artisté‬  :jonny5:

46 minutes ago, thirdward said:

why stayc didn’t make love dive

too busy trying to be the next twice (good luck to them)

1 hour ago, Héloïse said:

new day for Korea, new peak!

a0f74oj.gif

I wish Jype would give her one or two more promo schedule. I think it just need a little more push to get it to 350k uls. The one week promo period is so short for a new soloist. 

3 hours ago, rzal said:

winwin getting canceled

Kick his untalented ass out from NCT 

52 minutes ago, thirdward said:

why stayc didn’t make love dive

Exactly.

24 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

What is this not they renamed into some random titles :bibliahh:

demos being passed to artists is iconic if done right

this is literally crackstink's "Britney's Umbrella passed to Rihanna" moment with AIIYL being a 2N/A1 demo

28 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

3 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

What is this not they renamed into some random titles :bibliahh:

Gaon means “Circle” or “Round,” ladies. They just translated it into English.

also, there's no way adspa is flopping

the hype is huge

Netizens-want-avatars-to-leave-Aespa-aft

but why are they still in the states? :deadbanana: are they gonna promote the era there and not in koriya?

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Instead of shipping them to America, SM should have worked on solidifying their fanbase in Korea and SEA first. I don't get the logic behind it at all.

When is Love Dive gonna snatch Next Level's crown as the #1 4th gen song btw?

This argument always sends me. Ya'll act like they pulled a Wonder Gorls and were in the states for months. They are here for like a week and a half sksksksk.

12 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

the hype is huge

but why are they still in the states? :deadbanana: are they gonna promote the era there and not in koriya?

All of their recent promotions have been starting late in Korea. It’s obvious now they were doing this on purpose to get k-mys used to them being gone for a few weeks at release.

14 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

the hype is huge

They are going to be on Good Morning America on Friday morning sis.

This video :gaycat2:

Sehunty :gaycat2: Least talented Exo member but most well endowed :clap3:

Since when do they have a big enough kr fandom to manipulate this with downloads like boy group fans :rip: