K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

4 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Their only full that sold more than the mini(s) of the same year was FoL so I don't think it matters! 
I think it's up to c-fans, every other act got a big boost cuz of them so if c-onces don't go all out I'm not sure :thing: (and honestly I wouldn't be mad if they don't, this bulk buying culture is :skull: )

Oh yeah that makes sense. I mean I know the bulk buying is honestly annoying because it’s inflating the numbers too much without a true indication of popularity…but then if everybody is doing it then I don’t want my girls to miss out either :gaycat2:

• Replies 78.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• Pluto6

• hallucinate

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like Nayeon's solo is gonna surprise gag ktrl

Actually I know it

1 minute ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

GODDESS :WAP:

Oh wow the serves :WAP:

now I want her solo so that she can serve vocals, performance and LOOKS like these :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

That wig :skull:

The make up really did a number on her eye shape. I guess the cover wasn’t that photoshopped. 

9 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Jessi didn’t really get that much of a boost though.

Then again, Jessi is leaving that show and preparing for promotions in America.  Is Sunmi next?

:cm:

1 hour ago, harrythevifan said:

Should be noted they have that other girl group coming out that is not LeSsaniljin, they have that girl group coming from ILand2, they have that girl group coming out of their audition show in Japan in conjunction with another audition show boy group (their version J01).  Irons in the fire.

:deadbanana4:

Let me recount:

2 upcoming korean girlgroups, 1 korean boygroup, 1 japanese girlgroup, 1 japanese boygroup? 

I wonder if investors will still be backing all these money drains after bts announced their hiatus. :skull: It doesn’t seem possible 

7 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

some of this styling… where’s Irene when you need her smh

she looks FIERCE in the lower right tho :jonny6:

I thought this was Momo at first :dies:

FV-r_qRXwAAEvYm?format=jpg&name=large

this though >>>>>>

FV-r_qRXoAEuSAY?format=jpg&name=large

solo music concept material 

Dominatrix Jihyo when?

6 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Oh yeah that makes sense. I mean I know the bulk buying is honestly annoying because it’s inflating the numbers too much without a true indication of popularity…but then if everybody is doing it then I don’t want my girls to miss out either :gaycat2:

Yeah, it sucks the industry is like this but if you don't do these dirty tricks your faves will fall behind, its a never-ending cycle :skull:

2 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

That wig :skull:

The make up really did a number on her eye shape. I guess the cover wasn’t that photoshopped. 

I'm kinda living for it, especially on the 3rd one with the piss yellow and the vaporwave-y filter :WAP: but the leather one>>>

7 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Jessi didn’t really get that much of a boost though. NunuNana was before the show I think and Zoom, her other “decently” performing song was because of Tiktok virality. 
but yeah SUNMI doesn’t strike me as a variety show host/MC material but we’ll see :gaycat6:

that was a SONG! I’ll never get tired of I Can’t Stop Bopping :jonny: 

Imo she got a huuuuge boost internationally from the show. Showterview was the real introduction of Jessi to many general kpop fans and has led her to have tons of casual fans. Idk but I don't think she would have had the same YouTube/Tiktok virality and so many Instagram followers without Showterview. Obviously no way of knowing but I don't think Zoom would have been as huge as it is now without her being so widely recognized among kpop fans. And Zoom is legit the biggest crossover hit of kpop in a long time. If we're talking in pure YouTube views though I don't see Sunmi coming anywhere close to Jessi's, although I have nothing against her

1 minute ago, harrythevifan said:

Then again, Jessi is leaving that show and preparing for promotions in America.  Is Sunmi next?

If you meant a global boost, then maybe? I mean Jessi’s personality was more appreciated by international fans anyway. 
is this Jessi’s first tour?

Sunmi has already done a tour in America and Europe so I surely hope it helps her go back again  :cm:

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

If you meant a global boost, then maybe? I mean Jessi’s personality was more appreciated by international fans anyway. 
is this Jessi’s first tour?

Sunmi has already done a tour in America and Europe so I surely hope it helps her go back again  :cm:

the way I’m keeping money saved up for her or the Velvets to announce another US tour :'(

super hyped for looN/A and Brave Legends but i need my #1 group and soloist too :gaycat6:

Still praying for a nugumiracle, so that this ANTHEM deservedly blows up.

4 minutes ago, Ephemeral said:

Imo she got a huuuuge boost internationally from the show. Showterview was the real introduction of Jessi to many general kpop fans and has led her to have tons of casual fans. Idk but I don't think she would have had the same YouTube/Tiktok virality and so many Instagram followers without Showterview. Obviously no way of knowing but I don't think Zoom would have been as huge as it is now without her being so widely recognized among kpop fans. And Zoom is legit the biggest crossover hit of kpop in a long time. If we're talking in pure YouTube views though I don't see Sunmi coming anywhere close to Jessi's, although I have nothing against her

Yeah Jessi is definitely a more entertaining person and that connected well with the international audience and the show also helped her get a bigger exposure in Korea I believe? Love that for her. 

as I said, I don’t see Sunmi as a host material who’ll be able to let loose as much as Jessi, since she’s always been a more reserved and poised person in public consciousness, so we’ll see what she does with the show.  Maybe it’ll help her gain more global fans too, who knows? Just in a different way than Jessi. People have always said that if Sunmi was a western artist, she’d be huge globally. Maybe she just needs some more exposure to the I-fans. :gaycat6:

30 minutes ago, Ephemeral said:

Woah....can't say she'll see the same success/boost Jessi had though

SUccessNMI booked and busy :clap3:

19 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

they did my girl dirty ddddd she still looks pretty though :allears:

1 hour ago, GodControl said:

Please keep streaming Ad Mare, my little NSWERs. Let's make "O.O" a sleeper hit. MIXX POP is the future of music. See you in mixxtopia.

period, spread the word

NMIXX will be hit makers in the future

OAdUOKO.gif

3 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Yeah Jessi is definitely a more entertaining person and that connected well with the international audience and the show also helped her get a bigger exposure in Korea I believe? Love that for her. 

as I said, I don’t see Sunmi as a host material who’ll be able to let loose as much as Jessi, since she’s always been a more reserved and poised person in public consciousness, so we’ll see what she does with the show.  Maybe it’ll help her gain more global fans too, who knows? Just in a different way than Jessi. People have always said that if Sunmi was a western artist, she’d be huge globally. Maybe she just needs some more exposure to the I-fans. :gaycat6:

Yeah Showterview's name might help Sunmi get some international exposure...but there's a chance it'll backfire towards her too :rip: People probably won't feel strongly enough for that to happen though lol

4 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

the way I’m keeping money saved up for her or the Velvets to announce another US tour :'(

super hyped for looN/A and Brave Legends but i need my #1 group and soloist too :gaycat6:

Me too :WAP: 

she came here in 2019 and I couldn’t go then so I’m just holding my breath this time. 
also can’t wait for Brave Legends!

Just now, Ephemeral said:

Yeah Showterview's name might help Sunmi get some international exposure...but there's a chance it'll backfire towards her too :rip: People probably won't feel strongly enough for that to happen though lol

I mean if she plays as per her own strengths then I don’t see why it would backfire lol. She’s a different person than Jessi so she doesn’t have to do what Jessi did with the show. Although some current fans of the show might pick it apart but that’s expected. 
Sunmi might attract a different international crowd than Jessi, that’s kinda certain. 

8 minutes ago, SRIRACHA said:

Still praying for a nugumiracle, so that this ANTHEM deservedly blows up.

The amount of kpop songs called Luna recently:hoetenks: the lack of creativity.

Hopefully the woke fans forgot about the NFT’s lol. I kinda live for her telling her fans to F off. 

5MtyEEf.gif

2 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

Hopefully the woke fans forgot about the NFT’s lol. I kinda live for her telling her fans to F off. 

5MtyEEf.gif

Her rebel era

5MtyEEf.gif

Will Nolo serve this ?

still one of the funniest **** I’ve ever heard. Twix really entertained with this one.
5MtyEEf.gif

Edited by Witnessed ET

24 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

FV-r_qRXoAEuSAY?format=jpg&name=large

solo music concept material 

Dominatrix Jihyo when?

Oh wow :chick2:

It's so nice to see Twice girlies doing individual random things nowadays. 

2 hours until POP! premiere

5MtyEEf.gif