K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

8 minutes ago, Zack said:

I didn't even notice Yeri :bibliahh:

It's because she was talking about Bali! My point still stands though [insert clip from Irene's show not Level UP]. Let me stream LUP season 5 :clap3:

OT: Anyway, in other news Joy arrived to Milan Fashion Week for Tod's :clap3:

If you watch the show, her interactions with the crew was so natural :clap3: Can't wait to watch LUP season 5 btw

• Replies 78.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• Pluto6

• hallucinate

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

They were competing with WAP :rip: And Butter was competing with Good 4 U

BP is competing with Harry Style's 4-month old song. Dynamite's streams was on par with Shutdown I think (?). And Spotify has grown so much in Asia in the past couple of years

oh it makes sense then

anyways why is this the best blackpink song ever?

Just now, Sept said:

If you watch the show, her interactions with the crew was so natural :clap3: Can't wait to watch LUP season 5 btw

I watched but I found it quite scripted tbh. I didn't like it because it seems to be drawing attention back to the staff issue. 

They also need to promote her solo activities more. The official RV accounts barely even posted about that show. 

These days it's like they only wheel her out for a comeback project, whereas the other members are getting booked for solo stuff. I feel like enough time has passed for SM to give Irene another shot. The image rebuild should have ended already. If they don't, I feel like she might not renew in 2024. 

1 minute ago, Zack said:

I watched but I found it quite scripted tbh. I didn't like it because it seems to be drawing attention back to the staff issue. 

They also need to promote her solo activities more. The official RV accounts barely even posted about that show. 

These days it's like they only wheel her out for a comeback project, whereas the other members are getting booked for solo stuff. I feel like enough time has passed for SM to give Irene another shot. The image rebuild should have ended already. If they don't, I feel like she might not renew in 2024. 

I mean SM just take really long to rebound idols back into action :rip:  just take Lucas for example nnn I think they don't want to ruin the idols' reputation completely but at the same time don't realise what steps to take to come back from those kind of situations 

3 minutes ago, Sugden said:

oh it makes sense then

anyways why is this the best blackpink song ever?

wait I just realize that the song is fully in English :pancake:

In fact:

Pink Venom - 80% English

Shut Down - 70% English

Typa Girl - 100% English

Tally - 100% English

The Happiest Girl - 100% English

Ready For Love - 50% English

Yeahx3 is the only Korean song really 

6 minutes ago, Zack said:

They love her again :giraffe: The show is working

Irene seems sooo nice now a day; the flop did wonder for her and those around her! :hippo:

Edited by Kh-Loud

blackpink falling to #3 on global spotify after breaking that weekly record

the bots can take a rest now :chick1:

1 minute ago, Tomek said:

Imagine being this much of a loser :chick1:

YG gives BP a vacation/travel show/Blackpink house S2 challenge! I miss seeing these girls being human beings and not the overly marketed flawless robots YG marketed them out to be these days. 

3 minutes ago, Tomek said:

omg the freefalling

blackpink is OVER :weeps:

7 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

I mean SM just take really long to rebound idols back into action :rip:  just take Lucas for example nnn I think they don't want to ruin the idols' reputation completely but at the same time don't realise what steps to take to come back from those kind of situations 

This is true, but at the same time, Lucas did something that could be potentially illegal. 

Irene didn't do anything like that in comparison. I just feel bad for her because she's apologized several times and went on a hiatus but the company doesn't seem to be doing their part now. It's time to move on from that. 

She covered for Wendy's radio show when she caught covid and there was no backlash, plus the number of bad comments about her during the comebacks has dropped down and her fan bar is obviously the biggest by far. 

I just hope they give her better individual activities soon. Having all the girls renewing would be the best situation imo. 

the irrelevant at #1 and the relevants below :clap3: 

also doing higher #s than The Album minus the Selena Gomez & Card B features

7e2d1bfe148150373d7d3467e99a6cfaf90de6ba

9 minutes ago, Sept said:

They love her again :giraffe: The show is working

Yeah it got great ratings :clap3:

But that's kinda my point. I feel like the public has probably moved on now from this, but the only way to tell is to give her more opportunities. 

Her akgae fans are constantly begging SM for more. Normally I ignore those severely obsessed "only my bias" types, but in this case they kinda have a point. 

Does anyone else likes/Stan a korean actress? I totally slayed by Kim Sejeong, I know she started as an Idol (as most actors it seems) but she s so good, i watched her on uncanny counter, business proposal and todays webtoon and it's all 10/10, can't wait for her next project 

Edited by Spears_Stan

34 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

Itzy not found, I told you they might be over :rip:

25 minutes ago, Spears_Stan said:

Does anyone else likes/Stan a korean actress? I totally slayed by Kim Sejeong, I know she started as an Idol (as most actors it seems) but she s so good, i watched her on uncanny counter, business proposal and todays webtoon and it's all 10/10, can't wait for her next project 

Yesss, I love her as well.

I’m kinda shook by the fact that someone as talented as her ( vocally and acting wise ) has somehow made it as a successful actress:clap3: Usually it’s the talentless girls pushed for their visuals that catch attention (some of them improve over time, some of them don’t - see Joy).

In Miss Sejeong’s case, talent decided to win a bit.:hippo: Can’t wait to see her in Uncanny Counter season 2

56 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

YG gives BP a vacation/travel show/Blackpink house S2 challenge! I miss seeing these girls being human beings and not the overly marketed flawless robots YG marketed them out to be these days. 

they recently were filming something at Target so there are chances of a reality show

57 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

also doing higher #s than The Album minus the Selena Gomez & Card B features

the growth

not bad for a "flop era"

21 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

Yesss, I love her as well.

I’m kinda shook by the fact that someone as talented as her ( vocally and acting wise ) has somehow made it as a successful actress:clap3: Usually it’s the talentless girls pushed for their visuals that catch attention (some of them improve over time, some of them don’t - see Joy).

In Miss Sejeong’s case, talent decided to win a bit.:hippo: Can’t wait to see her in Uncanny Counter season 2

You did not imply that Joy is talentless pls :ahh: :ahh: 

1 hour ago, Sugden said:

if yg was cleaver he would do like a deluxe version of the album with 4 more songs 2 being singles

It’s not impossible