K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

33 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

No one cares. Their solo careers in music still tanked outside of Taeyeon which was what was being discussed.

And yeah they are but unlike SNSD they put the group first and now are branching off and they arent being catty ***** about it either. :heart2:

image0.gif

Care to explain why Yawn about to surpass Twix entire career’s digital success in a few months despite only rihleasing droplets here and there & and a couple of albums compared to Twig’s 1353637839300?:deadbanana4:

ONE member of geriatric gen bigger than nation’s fad in SK is much bigger feat than needing every SNSD member having solo success musically (they are not musically inclined anyway) so it’s pointless.

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

The way they're going to set a record with their first day sales. Do IU stans ever get tired of getting lashed with album sales?

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

pls leave the queen alone... 
she got 2 platinum albuns on Gaon
Taeyeon? 

and since you care so much about physicals and their profit 
IU is gaining more with 400k than SNSD selling like 2kk
ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

August K-Pop Music Emergency: Girl Group Hunger Games

Place your bets now.

image0.gif

17 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

The way every member is so busy :rip:

Yeah and that list isn't updated. They have a lot of upcoming schedules and filmings.
FYrVZsFUsAEO9mk?format=jpg&name=large

The way these naive people think that music activities is the only measure of success, when most idols literally use their idol career as a stepping stone into acting. Just because their faves can't have that, because of the trauma from Suzy now they're mad. Some idols like Rowoon even stopped activities with his group as soon as he got somewhat famous and can't juggle his schedules. Some are variety acts, like Heechul is actually doing really well with many of his own programs while his ex has none. 

I know I am being obnoxious now, but people in this thread literally want Sones to brag so might as well :coffee2:

1 hour ago, exists said:

But yeah, I believe they will do well, the hype is there. However if they're not doing well, it's not a surprise either. They're a 15 year old group. When groups that have releases constantly like Twice can fail to chart well in their 6th year and aespa not doing as welll as expected after a huge hit, anything can happen.

well that's the thing i agree completely that they will do well with the hype
is just the whole "humble" thing from the girls here smells fake 
 when we are afraid from the others mock us we say "i dont expect bigger numbers/charts" but we are  me with Gaga

about the song be a smash though no one knows, just the gp after the first week 
ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Didn't Lilac snatch the 2nd highest first week sales for a female soloist album, just behind Roaché? Not bad for a "local singles artist"

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

But I agree, PU stans should leave the fighting to the bg/gg stans

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

:biblionny: ???

South Korea, a conservative country, really said - "No foot fetishes allowed! PUT YOUR SNEAKERS ON!"

image0.gif

7 minutes ago, Kety said:

Care to explain why Yawn about to surpass Twix entire career’s digital success in a few months despite only rihleasing droplets here and there & and a couple of albums compared to Twig’s 1353637839300?:deadbanana4:

ONE member of geriatric gen bigger than nation’s fad in SK is much bigger feat than needing every SNSD member having solo success musically (they are not musically inclined anyway) so it’s pointless.

Care to hop off my dick? The way this is your 5th time quoting me "Yawn bigger than Twix" idgaf. :rip: 

But no I dont need to explain anything because I asked a simple question on how the other members solos performed since a sone was so worried about Jihyo is  OST and I got my answer. They BOMBED. 

image0.gif

Edited by xfreshkidxx

Not the TWICE vs SNSD fan wars already starting. :rip:

Ultimately, SNSD never came close to the string of digital hits TWICE had in their prime and that's just a fact. SNSD's run from Gee to Mr.Mr. is not as impressive as TWICE's run from Cheer Up to Yes or Yes. Not to mention the album sales, and their Japan peak being bigger than SJJD (even if the latter had better music). SNSD's dominance over K-POP girl groups in the 2nd gen is completely overstated. 

Sones love to talk about Twice's declining digitals, but like to ignore the fact that since Jessica left the group they had only managed to score like... 2 hits (3 if you include Little Touch). Two of them having little to no longevity, and one of them having longevity but peaking lower than songs released by other SM girl groups that year (4 Walls, Dumb Dumb, Ice Cream Cake). 

Ultimately SNSD are legends and the blueprint, and it's fair if you prefer them over TWICE. But TWICE on paper have exceeded them in every way imaginable, and considering Nayeon just got a solo smash with a TWICE-lite song and they just extended until 2025, they are probably not over. Also I don't think SNSD fans should talk about talent when they have a whole nepotism baby in the group, and Sooyoung.

Enjoy that one week of promos, 0% reality tv show ratings, #5 peak on the circle chart and excruciating wait for their 20th anniversary comeback in 2027 though.

image0.gif

Edited by Spark

Hits Wide Open really has the bops lined up

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

24 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Second Gen peak solo sales numbers:

Hyorin - Love & Hate - 9,703

HyunA - Nabillera - 14,903

Sunmi - 1/6 - 24,420

CL - Alpha - 12,959

Bom - Spring - 22,547

Minzy - Uno - 3,347

Third gen peak solo sales numbers:

Lisa - LaLisa - 811,951

Rose - R - 661,655

Nayeon - Im Nayeon - 488,323

Obviously 3rd Gen will sell more than 2nd Gen, just like how 4th Gen is absolutely wrecking 3rd Gen. Let’s see if the TWICE girlies can compete with the RV/BP solos first before trying to come for SNSD who dominated their peers :skull: 

9 minutes ago, Kety said:

anime-girl.gif

10 minutes ago, Konril said:

August K-Pop Music Emergency: Girl Group Hunger Games

Place your bets now.

image0.gif

IVE, BP & NJ on top. 
image0.gif

6 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

They BOMBED

the way you described Twix‘s title track since TBTIED :clap3:

No hit since Fancy :rip:

The Best Thing I Ever Did: 27-OUT (one of the biggest bombs by a big girl group)

Feel Special

More & More

I Can‘t Stop Me

Cry for Me

Scientist

I Love You More Than Anyone

Edited by Queenyoncee

5 minutes ago, Spark said:

Not the TWICE vs SNSD fan wars already starting. :rip:

Ultimately, SNSD never came close to the string of digital hits TWICE had in their prime and that's just a fact. SNSD's run from Gee to Mr.Mr. is not as impressive as TWICE's run from Cheer Up to Yes or Yes. Not to mention the album sales, and their Japan peak being bigger than SJJD (even if the latter had better music). SNSD's dominance over K-POP girl groups in the 2nd gen is completely overstated. 

Sones love to talk about Twice's declining digitals, but like to ignore the fact that since Jessica left the group they had only managed to score like... 2 hits (3 if you include Little Touch). Two of them having little to no longevity, and one of them having longevity but peaking lower than songs released by other SM girl groups that year (4 Walls, Dumb Dumb, Ice Cream Cake). 

Ultimately SNSD are legends and the blueprint, and it's fair if you prefer them over TWICE. But TWICE on paper have exceeded them in every way imaginable, and considering Nayeon just got a solo smash with a TWICE-lite song and they just extended until 2025, they are probably not over. Also I don't think SNSD fans should talk about talent when they have a whole nepotism baby in the group, and Sooyoung.

Enjoy that one week of promos, 0% reality tv show ratings, #5 peak on the circle chart and excruciating wait for their 20th anniversary comeback in 2027 though.

image0.gif

This Tea :clap3:

Let them rejoice the hags wont be coming out of retirement for another half decade or so. 

image0.gif

2 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

well that's the thing i agree completely that they will do well with the hype
is just the whole "humble" thing from the girls here smells fake 
 when we are afraid from the others mock us we say "i dont expect bigger numbers/charts" but we are  me with Gaga

about the song be a smash though no one knows, just the gp after the first week 
ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Lol, I mean I'm not in this thread 24/7 maybe I missed those people gloating about SNSD numbers. Or you just prefer Sones to set unrealistic expectation just so you and maybe @Fantacan have your drama and then proceed with the cycle of toxic mockery? One or the other, I believe SNSD fans are quite realistic of what they can achieve. 

They're coming back in their 15th year anyway with a full blown promotion and album release, something no other group has done before. So yeah they already exceeded all expectations imo

Even Nolto team changed their set for the legends, allowing all members to attend. No other group has done this before

We don't really combine Beyonce's success with Michelle and Kelly's

or M(H)J's success with The Jackson Five's, now do we

I don't follow the logic on that one

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

In some rare non-7080s news today, looks like Hyeongseo introducing the kids to random seniors she knows from her decades in the industry.

b4HC2AG.pngR9PqzHn.png

:cm:

10 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Didn't Lilac snatch the 2nd highest first week sales for a female soloist album, just behind Roaché? Not bad for a "local singles artist"

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

But I agree, PU stans should leave the fighting to the bg/gg stans

i dont get
i was not talking about IU anyway so... 

nowadays i try to avoid UI x Yawn 
ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

1 minute ago, dlwlrma said:

i dont get
i was not talking about IU anyway so... 

nowadays i try to avoid UI x Yawn 
ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Honestly why haven't they collabed yet

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Circle (Gaon) would simply implode

16 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

Care to hop off my dick? The way this is your 5th time quoting me "Yawn bigger than Twix" idgaf. :rip: 

What dick?

A misogynist like you has nothing to climb on. 

image0.gif

they are craking up as if this was the funniest thing in the world :celestial5: not sure where the humour in not knowing her name is. And it's always HIM

"No hit since Fancy"

Yet Sones want to claim Lionheart (their only hit since 2014) was this mega smash when it only charted within 5-10 places of Alcohol Free, and More&More on the Year End Charts. 

Reminder that since Jessica left, only 2 out of the 7 Korean singles SNSD released managed to chart on a Gaon year-end chart. That's a success rate of 28.6%. Every TWICE title track has managed to chart, even their flops like Can't Stop Me charted across two years (2020 and 2021). Success rate: 100%.

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Just now, Da Vinci said:

Honestly why haven't they collabed yet

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Circle (Gaon) would simply implode

they are just not close 
+ i think their companies knows about how they are "rivals"
no reason to break that when what moves kpop is competition 
we dont see much nowadays with ifans, but k-sones and k-uaenas still fighting everyday 

22 minutes ago, Spark said:

Ultimately, SNSD never came close to the string of digital hits TWICE had in their prime and that's just a fact. SNSD's run from Gee to Mr.Mr. is not as impressive as TWICE's run from Cheer Up to Yes or Yes.

Gee is bigger than any Twix hit and was according to Melon the biggest hit of the 00‘. Cheer Up (their biggest hit) didn’t even made it into the Top 10 for the other decade. :rip:

The way you just ignored also everything pre-Gaon :rip: Twix’s string of hits were quick and was serving Katy Perry longevity

Twix:

2015: Like oh ah 

2016: Cheer Up, TT

2017: Knock Knock, Signal, Likey, Heart Shaker

2018: What is Love, Dance the Night Away, Yes or Yes

2019: Fancy

Snsd: 

2007: Into The New World

2008: Kissing you

2009: Gee, Genie, Chocolate Love

2010: Oh, Run devil run, Hoot, Star Star Star (successful song on the album, something Twix never achieved)

2011: The Boys

2012: Mr. Taxi, Twinkle, Dancing Queen

2013: I Got a Boy

2014: Mr Mr

2015: Party, Lion Heart

Not to mention the album sales

This doesn’t make any sense and is screaming new to Kpop. You are comparing albums sales when the markets were completely different.  Kpop is now more global than ever before (album sales have tended to increase in the last few years) and therefore it makes no sense to compare album sales from, for example, 2021 with sales from 2011.  If you bought an album at the time outside of Korea, it wasn't counted by Hanteo / Gaon. SNSD in their peak was outselling huge Boy Groups with huge fanbases, while Twix is struggling to outsell the other female groups. SNSD is as well the only GG to ever win a Disk Daesang and the only girl group to have had the best-selling album of their respective year, which was 2010 with “Oh

Nayeon just got a solo smash

And Taeyeon is the biggest female artist in Korea besides IU? The self-drag

Taeyeon has the double amount of hits than Twix 

Twix: CU, TT, KK, Signal, Likey, Heart Shaker, 

WIL, DTNA, Yes or Yes 

Taeyeon: Like a Star, Different, Breath, Don‘t Forget, Lonely, If, Can You Hear Me, I love you, Missing You like Crazy, Closer, And One, All About You, I, Rain, 11:11, Fine, FS, Weekend 

Edited by Queenyoncee