• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

She didn’t buy her masters back, y’all. :skull:

OT: This Love TV is absolutely incredible. She somehow made an amazing song even more fantastic. 3rd best song on 1989 did that. :clap3:

2 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

Speak Now TV is coming right?

Nobody has any idea what is coming

1 hour ago, pccp said:

why do people think Taylor will buy back old Albums when she is so successful with re-recording and fans are so excited.  with that intelligence anyone wouldn't buy back old albums let alone Taylor

Owning her masters was always about just owning them. It's her work.

Obviously the re-recordings turned out to be way more successful and fun than anyone could have ever imagined, but I still think she would also want her old masters. From a money standpoint it clearly wouldnt make any sense

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Nobody has any idea what is coming

Owning her masters was always about just owning them. It's her work.

Obviously the re-recordings turned out to be way more successful and fun than anyone could have ever imagined, but I still think she would also want her old masters. From a money standpoint it clearly wouldnt make any sense

I don't think that's true. In 5+ years will the GP really still be streaming Taylor's Versions of all her classics?

1 hour ago, pccp said:

why do people think Taylor will buy back old Albums when she is so successful with re-recording and fans are so excited.  with that intelligence anyone wouldn't buy back old albums let alone Taylor

MTE it doesn’t make sense unless they gave it to her for dirt cheap which I highly doubt. It’s a dumb rumor that’s probably not true

1 hour ago, pccp said:

Because at the end of the day, that's her work and it was stolen and she has every right to want it back. That's been the entire point of the re-recordings all along. I'm sure that even back in 2019 Taylor would've paid literally any amount of money Scooter tried to extort from her if she could just get the masters back, but that option was never given to her. At this point, she doesn't need the old recordings, given how well the new ones are doing, but for the sake of artistry and sentimentality and her own peace of mind, I'm sure she's still planning on reacquiring them at some point when the option to do so is inevitably given to her, regardless of the price though her re-recordings have and will continue to devalue them significantly 

17 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

I don't think that's true. In 5+ years will the GP really still be streaming Taylor's Versions of all her classics?

Really just depends on the playlisting

Now I do think that regardless of the status of her masters, Taylor will finish the re-recording process because it's something the fans want, she's probably already done 4 or 5 albums, and they are profitable (not to mention her perfectionist side would hate to leave it unfinished). 

It's a kii that she could have just dropped Bad Blood too while she's at it because we heard it in one of those talking dogs movie trailers but she just took her licensing coin and didn't :dies:  I think she knows it would be a waste of a promo single and would just reignite the Tity drama that she has worked hard to bury in the past

Yeah, I do think Taylor will eventually buy back her masters in order to have full ownership of all of her recordings, but that’s probably years down the line. Each rerecording she releases devalues the originals a bit more, so I assume she’ll go through with all of them in order to drive the price as low as possible. 

7 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Now I do think that regardless of the status of her masters, Taylor will finish the re-recording process because it's something the fans want, she's probably already done 4 or 5 albums, and they are profitable (not to mention her perfectionist side would hate to leave it unfinished). 

Like I said last night, if this is the case I think she would still re-release the others because she put so much time and resources toward it (plus like you said, the profits), but then skip Reputation because she legally can't until November (and because it's the most difficult to reproduce without Max), and then at some point we would get "Reputation: Reloaded" with Elvira-produced Vault tracks.

IF

- she got her masters back, which is probably not the case (and also since when are delulu twitter rumors a thing)

- she also decides to not finish the re-recordings

the only re-recording I can see her skipping is Reputation. 1989 and Speak Now are probably already done, and there’s no way she would skip her debut album when it’s the one that will improve the most and will also benefit from a nice spotlight 

3 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Like I said last night, if this is the case I think she would still re-release the others because she put so much time and resources toward it (plus like you said, the profits), but then skip Reputation because she legally can't until November (and because it's the most difficult to reproduce without Max), and then at some point we would get "Reputation: Reloaded" with Elvira-produced Vault tracks.

Yeah, I think this makes a lot of sense

If she will buy them back she will probably delete them from streaming and only her version will be available to stream.

1 minute ago, queenoftheclouds said:

If she will buy them back she will probably delete them from streaming and only her version will be available to stream.

Sis our kapitalist kween will not deny herself two streams of income :dies: 

Up 650k from wednesday. This Love from 50k to 280k

What is this?

Not 1989 nearing 5m per day now :deadbanana4:

God I hope it’s about to drop, I’m so excited for it after This Love TV

Clean TV coming to wash away all our sins, all our worries, bless and sanctify us Miss Swift

Yeah, I don't think she'll get her masters anytime soon but I do think she will eventually. And I'm sure she'd release the remaining TVs even if she did

15 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Not 1989 nearing 5m per day now :deadbanana4:

God I hope it’s about to drop, I’m so excited for it after This Love TV

Clean TV coming to wash away all our sins, all our worries, bless and sanctify us Miss Swift

I’m excited for the album to be 31 songs :eli: 

47 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Up 650k from wednesday. This Love from 50k to 280k

New Godmantics hit 100M :smitten:

Deseved 1B :weeps:

I can also see her skipping reputation if she somehow does gain ownership of her masters. She'd be dumb not to capitalise off the hype for 1989 and SN. 

Track 13

Last Kiss > marjorie > False God > epiphany > Clean > The Lucky One > Change > This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things > Invisible

Weren't certain users shading miss reputation for not having 300k daily songs @Taylor fanboy?

Now it has multiple. REPUTATION always wins.

image0-5.jpg

90’s trend remix :gaycat6:

She’s not gonna pull a folkmore with 1989 TV, but we’re definitely getting the announcement next friday!

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS :gaylorcat2:

I predict August 5 or 12th for 1989 and November 11 or 18th for SN

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.