Taylor Swift

Achilles.

Ugh now I’m pulling a 180 and saying I’m tired of the silence too. :redface:

Where’s that leaker that leaked folklore’s existence a month in advance? I remember they posted the definitions of folklore and cardigan as clues, but I don’t remember what forum it was. They need to come back to life and spill some tea again :coffee:

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

I don't think she can pull her old music from streaming? Hence it's still on there and new releases (2008 live album, Love Story remixes) are being put out.

She only put them all back in 2017. We don't know the licensing deal terms she had with Spotify and other streaming platforms. But since she's the songwriter of some songs, she could probably pull them out of streaming when those deals expire. 

5 minutes ago, ronelmaano13 said:

But since she's the songwriter of some songs, she could probably pull them out of streaming when those deals expire.

She’s never going to pull them tbh. She has most swifties and some of the gp on her bandwagon to support the re-recordings (clearly since they are doing so well). But she will never convince all of the world to exclusively use the new ones, and she can’t even be sure we like all of them. She hasn’t even convinced radio to use them (though iheart made a commitment to). So for that reason she’s just going to leave them up and make coin on both (assuming she does in fact have a say)

I just know that whatever she decides to release next, it's going to be a cultural event. I can clearly see her next single breaking Easy On Me's spotify record

:cheers:

1 hour ago, youreyesgocold said:

She’s never going to pull them tbh. She has most swifties and some of the gp on her bandwagon to support the re-recordings (clearly since they are doing so well). But she will never convince all of the world to exclusively use the new ones, and she can’t even be sure we like all of them. She hasn’t even convinced radio to use them (though iheart made a commitment to). So for that reason she’s just going to leave them up and make coin on both (assuming she does in fact have a say)

The truth is that wildest dreams tv, IKYWT tv, love story tv, you belong with me tv are charting (or were in the case of love story) in radio charts (AC and HAC) so radio is indeed put the re-recordings 

but whatever Taylor could care less about radio, they only perfomance royalties, which completely for songwriters and publishers so Shamrock doesn’t get a penny with independent of the version 

4 hours ago, style17 said:

reputation is her best album and absolutely obliterates and strangles Speak Now and Fearless thank god

My god, Reputation is absolutely not her best album. It doesn't tell a good story, it doesnt have the amazing pop singles. It's a good album. But it's bottom tier on her discography. 

The vocals and instrumental on Babe (TV) sounds like a demo and it’s lowkey becoming intolerable to listen to. The vocals sound low and weak.

The Sugarland version is perfection. I’m unsure why Taylor didn’t sing her version the same way she did on the original, it’s loud and crisp.  :gaycat6:

46 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

My god, Reputation is absolutely not her best album. It doesn't tell a good story, it doesnt have the amazing pop singles. It's a good album. But it's bottom tier on her discography. 

the melodies alone crush her country bumpkin albums that go melodically nowhere

21 minutes ago, style17 said:

I love rep but girl. Fearless is literally one of her peaks melodywise

5 minutes ago, Extremely Stable said:

I love rep but girl. Fearless is literally one of her peaks melodywise

it’s not it’s a snooze and no1curr for the high school fairytale abigail losing her virginity lyrics

25 minutes ago, style17 said:

it’s not it’s a snooze and no1curr for the high school fairytale abigail losing her virginity lyrics

LMAO not this when it's one of her most successful and awarded albums to date. 

Listening to Redsus TV and wow. I Almost Do was really improved!

Rep and its six good songs can remain dead last at the bottom of her discography where it belongs. An astonishingly low number of good songs for a Taylor album. :skull:

2 hours ago, Rican said:

The vocals and instrumental on Babe (TV) sounds like a demo and it’s lowkey becoming intolerable to listen to. The vocals sound low and weak.

The Sugarland version is perfection. I’m unsure why Taylor didn’t sing her version the same way she did on the original, it’s loud and crisp.  :gaycat6:

She also sounds a bit angrier on the Sugarland version. It's such a good song, If she would of sang the same way it would be one of her best :jonny4:

2 hours ago, style17 said:

:deadbanana2:

Her country albums have her best melodies. The effortlessly infectious melodies of Our Song, Love Story, YBWM, TWILY, Sparks Fly >>>>>>>

Wonder if anything other than the VMAs will happen this coming week. With all the rumours etc it matches up, hopefully what @wren said about the music video being filmed a few weeks ago was true. 

Going to rank Taylor's albums in terms of melodies:

Fearless > reputation > 1989 > evermore > Red > Speak Now > folklore > Debut >>> Lover

Fearless is simply Taylor at her best.

Reputation is her only proper pop album regarding the classic structure — verse > pre > chorus, all infectious.

1989 has the anthemic choruses.

Evermore is extremely underrated; so few songs in her catalogue can compete with TTDS, gold rush, CLM or RWYLM melodically. 

Red is a good mixture of her efforts and the Max Martin serves.

The melodies on Speak Now are very, very pleasant. I don't think she was aiming for hooks when she was writing 6-minute songs anyway.

folklore is more of a vibe album though it has amazing melodic moments too.

Debut has Our Song. :heart2:

Lover is an awful, clunky mess.

Edited by Jaspurr

SIO trial was just delayed again. There's a chance it gets thrown out in a month, but if not then it's now scheduled for January 17th.

1 hour ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

SIO trial was just delayed again. There's a chance it gets thrown out in a month, but if not then it's now scheduled for January 17th.

It is so frustrating! If she win, can she counter sue them for commercial lost? I hope she drag their ass to bankruptcy due to legal fees. 

i feel like she is kind of killing the hype that Red TV created with this long a gap for the next re recording...It's not THAT big a gap in general for like normal album releases but these are re recording (albeit treated like new albums) but yeah...

6 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

My god, Reputation is absolutely not her best album. It doesn't tell a good story

LOL It’s arguably the only Taylor Swift album that tells a story from the first track to the end. 

Melodies

Fearless > reputation > the rest > Lover (She unabashedly repeats the same pre-chorus to chorus on some tracks. Shameless :deadbanana:)

28 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Melodies

Fearless > reputation > the rest > Lover (She unabashedly repeats the same pre-chorus to chorus on some tracks. Shameless :deadbanana:)

Cruel Summer, I Think He Knows, Paper Rings and ME! all have the same pre-chorus. :rip: 

She really was at her lowest creatively.

25 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

Cruel Summer, I Think He Knows, Paper Rings and ME! all have the same pre-chorus. :rip: 

She really was at her lowest creatively.

You spilled :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.