Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

1 minute ago, XXI. said:

I'm a really big fan of Selena. I've been following her since Disney. I'm just saying this documentary wasn't for me. I expected a bit more... though it was vulnerable at times, I felt there was a lot she ignored. 

Maybe you are right, but at the same time other documentaries have been much worse 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

at this point ppl want to hate on her for absolutely no reason without even checking facts, even when u provide with solid facts thats not what happened they rather call us freaks because it doesn’t fit their narrative that selena is the bad guy

oh well at least it’s making noise and making ppl talk

bad publicity is a publicity after all

2 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Maybe, but why do you expect so much from her. Maybe this is her story at this point in time and you’re dissapointed that there isn’t more to it. 

They are marketing this documentary as 'raw' and 'unfiltered'... and it just doesn't feel that way to me. We know there's a lot that they skipped...

• Selena's kidney transplant was barely mentioned - the lead up, the anxiety, the recovery, etc.
  • Selena pre-AMA performance - I'm sure there was likely more footage there 
  • The making of Rare as an album was completely ignored - how those songs applied to moments in her life
  • Her various stints in rehabs / her 2017 AMA speech of not having to staying broken

That's me not even touching her personal life... relationships... and other documented issues. 

26 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

Maybe you are right, but at the same time other documentaries have been much worse 

she was in a psychosis at the time frame that you we’re disappointed she didn’t put out

personally i don’t want the world to see me in that state and neither she’s obligated to show us that.

she showed us what caused it and how she tried to live her life after the fact… you don’t like it u can close the docu and go touch some grass

Edited by Carter

1 minute ago, Carter said:

she was in a psychosis at the time frame that you’re we’re disappointed she didn’t put out

personally i don’t want the world to see me in that state and neither she’s obligated to us that.

she showed us what caused it and how she tried to live her life after the fact… you don’t like it u can close the docu and go touch some grass

All of this. 

Most of those things do not matter when it comes to her mental health journey + 2017/2018 she was not in a good place and Alek decided not to film anything. I wouldn’t want people to see me at my lowest either so I don’t know why people expect celebrities to put their most personal secrets out there. Would we? That’s the question. It was a really interesting documentary. 

1. Not surprised at the backlash the documentary and HER has gotten.

2. She is so ungrateful and complains about the dumbes crap.

3. Raquel is a glorified assistant that has to put up with Selena's diva attitude.

4. Her saying the RARE promo was too much, when she did a handful of interviews.

5. She has cancelled her last 2 tours (only 2 tours in 10 years) and now, knowing what a drama queen she is, does not surprise me.

6. Her leaving out Francia out of the documentary was shocking and a gut punch. She owes her HER life.

7. Selena is so disconected from reality it is absurd. She is not an alpha like Taylor, Miley, or the others, but instead gets everything fetched to her when she wakes up.

8. Her messing up the LYTLM rehearsal was embarrasing to say the least, and she should've NEVER performed at the AMAs.

9. Her complaining that the questions being asked were too silly, then why did she agree to do radio promo? She is a CELEBRITY, she needs to stop acting as if she was the Secretary of the Mental Health Department of the United States. What questions are people going to ask SELENA GOMEZ?

All in all, very disappointed in her (and I stan her since 2008).

Edited by hardbrit

On 11/6/2022 at 6:05 PM, ohjulia said:

There’s nothing immature about Francia’s reaction.

You are loud and wrong.

So, yeah, a rant is coming. Let's talk. I will bring to you some receipts, because this is what real people do. Not dumb rumors over here, baby.

Mind you, Selena's quote was take out of context. She has clearly talking about music industry, but people saw this as an excuse to jump her and valide their delusionals.

Run to social media and start a mess looks very immature to me, idk. Selena and her are 30 years old. If Francia has a problem she should address it like an adult and go directly to Selena and talk about it.
No reason to bring the toxic side of the  internet into this.
Messy and immature. I said what i said.

They were best friends before, they even lived together, and then just like that Selena left her in the cold 

Oh, and you know this because...? She left her? Where? Selena always honored Francia. Always grateful for what she did for her.

open the tweet and you will  see more times when she showed her  gratitude.

What more do you want? Selena talking about this daily, every damn interview? Would this be enough then?
Did you even think about how traumatic the whole thing was? The disease destroying her body, the fear, the kidney failure diagnostic and after that still deal with the fear of the possibility of her body rejecting the kidney. ... All of this while get drained mentally and emotionally.
2017/2018 was the most horrible  years for Selena. She was in a very dark place, even thought about su*cide because she thought the world would be a better place without her (btw you should read her Rolling Stone interview, is a  very eye open experience)

What Francia did was a act of generosity and love. But yall are trying to guilt trip selena and likes to hold the transplant over her head. As if is a negotiable or emotional blackmail thing. Always trying  act like a jury and punish her.

Is vile to keep forcing her to revisit these years over and over again.This is exactly what you and other people are doing. Yall refuse to let her move on.

She deserves the right to  move on with her life like any normal person.

Just because she doesn't want to talk about this daily, this doesn't mean she is not forever grateful for what  Francia did.

she pretty much pressured Francia to give her her kidney.

This is how i know you're not for real. Yall just be saying anything.

Trying to villainizing Selena when she was just scared of dying and clearly desperate.
And no, she didn't force no one. This narrative is insane and cruel.

Francia made the final decision by her own.

A kidney transplant is always worse for the donor. The donor suffers more than the receiver.

I'm forever grateful for what she did for Selena, i will never discredit what she did for her.

Let's talk about the big picture, should we? It's low key feels  like you discrediting what Selena went through, as if Lupus, anxiety, depression and BD are not real problem too. She deals with that sh*t daily, she had some manic episodes too, not an excuse of course, but explain a lot. But somehow it seems it don't get  her any  sympathy from you.
Why? Why you think she suffered less?

btw,this is what we are doing now? Comparing traumas?A competition to see who suffered the most? Because this is how it looks like.
How stupid. Do better.

Yet Selena abandoned her after Francia gave her her organ 

Lies and more lies. 

She didn't abandon her. Francia is her own person and has her own career.

She didn't want to be know how " The girl that gave her kidney to Selena". This is why Selena and her kept  they friendship private. Selena was doing what she asked.  She knows how it feels to get discredited daily and to see your name linked to other people forever.

No everything need social media validation. Selena recently said she managed to build a life for her that no one knows, She finally has some privacy. Selena and Taylor barely hangs out in public, but they friendship is still here.

Not everything needs to be public.

Social media damaged people, and now a lot of them believe if is not on ig, then is not real/didn't happen. Dumbers. 

Imagem

and was rightfully concerned with the life choices Selena was making at the time.

Oh, of course, here it comes lol. The rumors, the GOsSiPs!!!!!

Who told you that? Oh let me guess:  Deuxmoi? Blind items? oh i know, ESMG or Shallon Lester?:bibliahh:

woo let me try again: Her trembling in her high heels on AMAs red carpet?lol As if in 2019 she almost didn't broke her ankle while doing   promo for LYTLM. The same happened at SAG Awards. One of her  heels broke on the red carpet and she fell. And guess what? People ran to say she was drunk. The poor girl can't even be a terrible high heels walker without people making crazy, conspiration theories about it.

Some people just believe in anything like, let me play around and parody a bit.

"Oh wow. S got caught trembling in public on daylight. I know what you're thinking, "Again?". Yeah,  seems like she doesn't want to be  good for you anymore. A bird whispered in my ear that maybe she's tripping back to her old wild ways *snif snif* If you know you know.

You know you love me. xoxo, gossip girl  :-*"

Ridiculous, right? I know.

But do you know what is more ridiculous? That fact that if it was labelled by some Blind Item kind of blog/site, a lot of people would believe.

Let's speak real. You people lacks evidence and it shows. I'm embarrassed for yall. She is in the industry for years and this is the best you guys can do? Stand up. STAND UP lmao

Be serious for a second pls. The best bet y'all have is a photo/video of her holding a drink, i guess? Imagine getting  a drink of wine   and being labelled as an addicted... chile, what a joke. Selena herself mocked this dumb rumors so many times on tiktok. An addicted would want to hide and not joke about herself like this.

I'm not dumb enough to believe she never experimented things, i mean, hello is hollywood.

BUT, it's 2022, the girl is trying her best to stay alive. So let's give up from conspiracy theories pls. These alcoholic and wild addicted rumors are so dumb. Selena is not even a party girl. She's boring, always at her house, with her dogs, sister and grandparents lol. Always minding her business, but somehow her name is always in people's mouth.

Also, did you see Selena documentary, she suffering with pain? All the medications she takes and  how easy lupus can get triggered? Lupus is a incurable disease. A very nocive one. What part of that yall don't get? What's not clicking?

How after seeing that can someone really think that Selena is addicted or doing heavy sh*t?  If she has, she would be dead by now. And before that, her physical appearance would give clues about that, like always happen with people addicted to heavy things.
 Selena is looking great, youthful as always. A Natural beauty btw. 

She already spoke how the internet comments and fake rumors took a toll on her mental health, easily triggered her and sent her back to a dark place.
When will people leave her alone? After some tragedy?

Selena is the one that in this case, has acted terribly ungrateful and immature about the whole situation. 

She honestly should address the situation better and be more careful about her words so people can't twist them.

But Honestly?

The real terrible people out here is the one running their mouths about something that is not proved. Only delusionals. It's giving wattpad, its giving mexican telenovela.

Yall conspiracy theories are weird and completely desumanized  Selena and Francia, and what they went trought. Yall made this sh*t a whole deep crazy dive for giggles and entertainment. All based in rumors. 

These people don't care about Francia, they don't even support her for real, did they watch her shows? Nope. Her movies? Nope. Show her some type of love? No.

They only care when is time to use her to drag Selena.

Is disrespectful for both of them. They deserve better.

Where is the receipts, ma'am? I'm talking about real sh*t, real proof. Where  is it? 

If yall are going to run your mouth that much i expected there's would be  at least some solid evidence about her so called "problems of addiction".

I'm all about hold people accountable( i would be the first one dragging Selena if somehow it got proved she did Francia dirty) but this is not what you and other people are doing. Yall are dragging, mocking and hunting Selena over rumors and gossip.

Is pathetic. 

Selena isn't perfect and obviously does dumb sh*t too, yeah she can be petty and immature sometimes, but some of you are taking this too far and acting like she is a monster. Calling her names and other disgusting things. Enabling people to mock her trauma. "If i was Francia i would get my kidney  back!!!!!!"  "She didn't deserve that kidney"
There's so many more comments like this  on internet rn.

There is no a secret in hollywood that manages to last forever. Selena is  15 years into her career and works  in many fields, if she was a b*tch or had a serious addiction problems( like yall love to say) everyone would know by now. But you see, everyone that meet/work with  Selena only have nice things to say about her and her work ethic. Legends like Martin and Steve btw

I choose to believe  in them over dumb rumors, sorry.  

eh, i can't believe i did all this rant over some  dumb rumor, just because some of you guys don't have the discernment to set apart  rumors/gossip from facts/reality.

We failed as society huh

Ughh, can yall just leave these girls alone? Some peace would be nice.

Edited by La Luna

People writing  all those delusionals conpiracy essays  and over what? Gossip and rumors.
I hate dumb people. A job is needed. You know, Netflix is always looking for new writers for their movies and series. They should try since they love to write fanfics so much.

So yeah, bring the receipts or shut the f*ck up.

:cm:

I will stand by Selena side idc idc 
After the doc and RS interview, you can see she is just someone trying to keep floating, surviving and doing the best she can. Is a miracle she is still alive tbh

The defamation  campaing people are doing against her is insane. She's completely harmless, dumb sometimes, but harmless. There's 4748273 of people worst than Selena in Hollywood, yet they choose to bully her? Doing all this  sh*t over rumors? F*ck them.
Is almost like they want her to fail. To sink  and never bonce back. 

Is one thing to no like her, but you see, the internet enjoy using her as a punching bag for likes and giggles. It's been like this for years.

And you know what is the worse? If something happened, these same group of people would be the first one trending her name and showing fake condolences.
Honestly? Real talk? They are lacking some  basic human decency. Shame on them.

Edited by La Luna

About her tiktok comment... yeah, is bad. Do i wish she  worded it in a proper and more detailed way? Yup. Do i blame her for not doing it? Nope.

The comments under that video,  what people were wishing on her, the kidney jokes...

yeah, its clearly triggered her.

I truly wish she would've  addressed and sued the first people that spread all these rumours. She wouldn't be in that situation rn
People always running their mouth about her because they know there's not consequence.
A Millionaire lawsuit would put these people on their place.

Edited by La Luna

I can’t wait until we move on from this. So many think pieces about people we don’t know personally. I just hope the girls resolve their issues once and for all.

My mind and me flopping hard :deadbanana2:

Spotify:
#50 Norway (-3)
#55 Canada (-1)
#63 Slovakia (+18)
#71 Sweden (-11)

She is probably not going to perform this or promote it.
Edited by hardbrit

18 hours ago, hardbrit said:

1. Not surprised at the backlash the documentary and HER has gotten.

2. She is so ungrateful and complains about the dumbes crap.

3. Raquel is a glorified assistant that has to put up with Selena's diva attitude.

4. Her saying the RARE promo was too much, when she did a handful of interviews.

5. She has cancelled her last 2 tours (only 2 tours in 10 years) and now, knowing what a drama queen she is, does not surprise me.

6. Her leaving out Francia out of the documentary was shocking and a gut punch. She owes her HER life.

7. Selena is so disconected from reality it is absurd. She is not an alpha like Taylor, Miley, or the others, but instead gets everything fetched to her when she wakes up.

8. Her messing up the LYTLM rehearsal was embarrasing to say the least, and she should've NEVER performed at the AMAs.

9. Her complaining that the questions being asked were too silly, then why did she agree to do radio promo? She is a CELEBRITY, she needs to stop acting as if she was the Secretary of the Mental Health Department of the United States. What questions are people going to ask SELENA GOMEZ?

All in all, very disappointed in her (and I stan her since 2008).

This is incredibly ignorant and honestly embarrassing of you. Not surprising as you only care about promo knowing damn well what she went through. But anyways lol

Edited by MALAMENTE

I mean, if Francia, knowing what her comment would ensue, did it anyway then Selena is right and she is not her friend sorry. What kind of person would willingly do that to their supposed sister? If she got so triggered by Selena’s statement, even though they’ve been friends for years, why not call her and talk it out? Why make public drama? 

Selena’s comment was stupid yes and she could have worded it differently. But so was Francia’s. She knows there’s conspiracy theories and about a thousand rumors surrounding their transplant so there’s not justification for what she did, even if she is allowed to feel hurt. 

All the Selenators sending death threats and nasty comments to Francia aren’t helping either but what do you expect from the same fandom that complained and keeps complaining about looks and promo during a time where Selena was going through hell and almost died and who even after the documentary are asking for promo? 

And everyone is saying this is another 2018 situation but I don’t think it is. Back then she had the baggage of her “hashtags don’t save lives” unfortunate comments, which is honestly the main reason she got hate in 2018. It was a bomb ticking for two years until it exploded. She was also hated for her “unearned success” like being the most followed, most monthly listeners… + rumors and fake news about anything career related would be easy ways of hating on her like the Marvel role thing. 

This time around it is different because for starters the hate is for something personal, not something that targeted a whole social fight. Some are just asking for Selena to acknowledge Francia so if she does and they hang out together or something most of the hate will die down. But they need to address it. And she has much more support this time around coming into this “hate train”, something she didn’t have in 2016-2018. It didn’t help that she did nothing to fix the mess of the BLM comments which only infuriated people more. 

People will hopefully forget in a few weeks when she doesn’t post and no more news come out about her. She could then post something with Francia that seems organic and natural pretending as if it didn’t phase them because they were always good. I think that’s something they would do. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

A lot of things can be said about the documentary but it was such an insightful journey inside of little parts of her life.

Wish it would have been longer.

4 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

This is incredibly ignorant and honestly embarrassing of you. Not surprising as you only care about promo knowing damn well what she went through. But anyways lol

The only thin embarrassing was Selena in the doc sis. I stan her, but I ain't delusional. She has the best treatments and doctors available.... What she went through was hard, but poor Francia :deadbanana: "Sorry I didn't talked about everyone I know" wheww a *****

Also, after that LYTLM rehaersal, it is safe to say the problem isn't her health. We aren't getting any promo because, as for what was shown in the documentary, she can't sing her own songs live (proven in the documentary). So let's stop blaming everyone but her, take off your stan googles! It's been YEARS since she had the operation and she has gotten THE best treatments available in the world. Let's not pity her as if she was a 8.50 per hour working woman

Edited by hardbrit

well, she's officially the most hated western celebrity in my country :redface:

no positive posts, no positive comments, hundreds of fake news and hate posts
her fanpages get attacked by anti-fans :deadbanana4:
Francia and Selena need to do something quickly  

55 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

The only thin embarrassing was Selena in the doc sis. I stan her, but I ain't delusional. She has the best treatments and doctors available.... What she went through was hard, but poor Francia :deadbanana: "Sorry I didn't talked about everyone I know" wheww a *****

Also, after that LYTLM rehaersal, it is safe to say the problem isn't her health. We aren't getting any promo because, as for what was shown in the documentary, she can't sing her own songs live (proven in the documentary). So let's stop blaming everyone but her, take off your stan googles! It's been YEARS since she had the operation and she has gotten THE best treatments available in the world. Let's not pity her as if she was a 8.50 per hour working woman

Every celebrity can affort the best treatmens, doctors, facilities,etc but this is not a reason for understimate the health problems of anyone, a celebrity included.

She didn't improve and learn to do better (even if she can) and many stans blame her for this. Scroll the thread sis before coming with this rant.

Edited by Sad Serenade

12 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

take the vocal lessons, Selena - you can do it :dancehall3:
LYTLM is not a hard song to sing 

inb4 the unhinged Selenators say she was "nervous" during rehearsal

18 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

inb4 the unhinged Selenators say she was "nervous" during rehearsal

she was nervous - yes
she lacked confidence and was scared of making mistakes because she thought she wasn't good enough - that's why she messed it up
Selena, please be more confident, take some vocal lessons, try to sing more in public
you'll be fine :chick3:

Sadly i don't think people will move on just because.

It's been 5 years but people still talk about this as if is fresh news. 

The lack of action from her team enabled these people to make the conspiracy theories  stronger.

Selena can be all kindness and rare girl as she wants, but the PR team needs to be strategic and vicious.
The only way to everyone to move on is Selena realeasing a strong statement and shut down the fake rumors for once and for all.

And yes, i will say it again: She needs to starting taking people to court. People need to learn and face the consequences of speaking and spreading lies about her.
I hope Taylor advice Selena.

Edited by La Luna

A lot of u guys are letting the Francia thing mess up the doc perception and it shows 

i just disagree so much with all of those meltdowns, its her life, her mental health journey, u guys just don’t get the point omg 

1 hour ago, LiamVillain said:

well, she's officially the most hated western celebrity in my country :redface:

no positive posts, no positive comments, hundreds of fake news and hate posts
her fanpages get attacked by anti-fans :deadbanana4:
Francia and Selena need to do something quickly  

What is ur country? This is 100% not happening in Brazil 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.