Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

The only reoccurring problem among the reviews is that the plot appears to be messy/all over the place, as in it was too rushed but they’re all still enjoying it which is what matters. 

Edited by StarsAllAligned

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Nevertheless, the real genius of the show may have been Gomez's Mabel. With her retro-anti-fashionable name, old-soul personality and indeterminate sexual orientation, she brought the real mystery to the heart of the whodunit. Who was Mabel and why was she so content to hang with these two Upper West Side has-been habitués? 

Newsday

Spoiler

Cara Delevigne plays a new figure who pulls their own weight in Season 2, materializing seemingly out of nowhere into Mabel’s life as Alice, a striking and sophisticated artist who, of course, might be hiding some secrets of her own. Delevigne and Gomez’s chemistry is instantly believable, perhaps due to an existing friendship in the real world, or maybe just Delevigne’s incredibly expressive eyebrows.

For anyone who fell in love with Martin, Short, and Gomez’s collective chemistry, the best moments in Season 2 are, as expected, when the three get to riff off each other. Selena Gomez is so charming and sympathetic as Mabel, particularly here in Season 2 as her character has now been branded Bloody Mabel by the ruthless social media world.

Consequence

Spoiler

The main trio of true crime-loving podcast hosts is just as delightful as they were in Season 1, as you'd expect. Martin and Short are... well, Martin and Short, and Gomez continues to effortlessly thread into the spaces between her two comedy legend co-stars' yuk-worthy granddad jokes as a young and sharp-tongued foil who playfully, lovingly shreds them for being corny and out of touch.

Mashable

Spoiler

There cannot be enough said about this cast and how well they operate together. The main trio of Martin, Short and Gomez fit together like an easy puzzle, bouncing ideas and jokes off each other as the season moves forward. Gomez delivers her lines with a cool sarcasm that eviscerates anyone she’s speaking to while also adding even more layers to Mabel. Steve Martin and Martin Short have a few key scenes where it’s just the pair and they are magic, having an organic rapport that makes the characters’ relationship feel all the more real. All three of the leads together makes for a rapid back-and-forth that the actors seem to revel in, combining the personalities of the three and upping the ante with more hilarious antics. Gomez, in particular, gets a more interesting storyline that dives deeper into Mabel’s past that she excels at portraying. 

Awards Watch

Spoiler

Only Murders In The Building season 2 continues to prove that the comedic trio of Gomez, Short, and Martin is one for the history books. The three of them work extremely well together and their dynamic brings something truly special to the show.

Mama’s Geeky

dn3EyYK.gif

Glad the show is getting good reviews for season 2. I just saw that the only negative one so far is from a Selena hater that deleted their Twitter account after being exposed. Hopefully the publication takes down their review and has a less biased person review it. 

The reviews are looking good  idk :gaycat4:

Snatch another 100 perfect score with over 100 reviews, is kinda impossible. Like, omitb 1 made history.

So, there's no way season 2 was about to do the same lol

Eh, as long it keep above 80, we good.

dn3EyYK.gif

Edited by La Luna

Like I said, RT isn’t all that. Metacritic is where it is at. Like that girl’s review was a C which translates to a 60 on MC which is not that bad but is rotten on RT. And that’s because reviewers get to choose what they want to do with their review, so she purposefully decided to make it rotten. MC is a much better indicator 

And yeah it appears that the only problem with S2 is that they tried to juggle various plot points and abandoned them which made the people forget said plot points by episode 8. I read one review that questioned if in those two episodes left they will manage to wrap up all those hanging threads nicely + the main mystery (which I guess are all related?)

But I am glad that it is still very much a good season and on par with S1 (and for some people even better). I hope they take the constructive criticism and apply it while writing S3! 

Edited by MALAMENTE

what happened to the OMITB discussion thread??

Earned media value is the monetary value of all exposure you gain on third-party sites or social media content through marketing and PR efforts. It puts a quantitative dollar amount on the engagement your company has won through these channels

It for sure bring more sales at the end, but EMV is NOT a sales number.  RB doesn't publicize its sales. But since they promised 1% of its net sales to the RB impact fund and they did a 1.2M donation last year, so I suppose their net sales was 120M until then

Edited by lauren198

Glad to know OMITB kept its quality!:party: As a fan of the show I was a little scared

Rotten Tomatoes updated, looks like they removed the Collider review. It’s sitting at 100% with 11 critic reviews :clap3:

oh wow season 2  is with 100 score 
That Collider hater tried but failed  
:fan:

Edited by La Luna

a picture from her doc has been leaked :rip: 

3 minutes ago, La Luna said:

:jonny5:

I was about to send this, lol

I believe it cause Aleen is the one that sold Billie's doc to Apple in the first place, it makes a lot of sense. Kinda sucks cause it's going to hamper its visibility especially worldwide by a big margin since it's not a popular service yet, but I'm sure it was the best deal available in terms of money offered

Billie's doc got a limited IMAX screening, I don't know if Selena's would get the same treatment but I'd love it if it premiered at a festival at least. It's Alek's first documentary since the iconic Madonna one so I feel like he would definitely have the pull to arrange that, but we'll see

30 minutes ago, Godly said:

I was about to send this, lol

I believe it cause Aleen is the one that sold Billie's doc to Apple in the first place, it makes a lot of sense. Kinda sucks cause it's going to hamper its visibility especially worldwide by a big margin since it's not a popular service yet, but I'm sure it was the best deal available in terms of money offered

Billie's doc got a limited IMAX screening, I don't know if Selena's would get the same treatment but I'd love it if it premiered at a festival at least. It's Alek's first documentary since the iconic Madonna one so I feel like he would definitely have the pull to arrange that, but we'll see

pfff the way I ran here to see if someone already posted about it, so we could talk about lol

But i deleted because the girl deleted the tweet. 

Kinda disappointed that will be on Apple TV tbh. I wanted netflix  since more  people  have access. 

This is a Selena Gomez's documentary, she's a WW force. There's no point to limit the doc visibility releasing in  a platform that is no majority used around the world.

But, yeah, knowing Aleen, she went to the biggest check lol

I hope she does  something special for the doc.

Edited by La Luna

Well, on the bright side, the promo for the doc is pretty much secured.

Apple TV don't play when its comes to promo.

:cm:

Edited by La Luna

37 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

Is it the photo of some girl putting on makeup with some people in a dressing room? 

19 minutes ago, StarsAllAligned said:

Is it the photo of some girl putting on makeup with some people in a dressing room? 

nop

I guess it sort of makes sense. Netflix is a mess lately but visibility wise it would have been better. We're definitely getting promo.

apple tv? noooooooooooooooo

they're a flop WW :gaycat6: a selena's documentary on netflix/amazon prime/hbo max/disney+ would make WAY more noise cuz they're way bigger WW and Selena's name is also bigger WW than in the USA!!!!! :gaycat6::gaycat6::gaycat6::gaycat6:

someone dm me the leaked picture please. :celestial2:

2 hours ago, StarsAllAligned said:

Rotten Tomatoes updated, looks like they removed the Collider review. It’s sitting at 100% with 11 critic reviews :clap3:

yep! 12 reviews now (+1), still 100% and still without the hater biased review. it's truly out. 

100% score is ours, again! :wanda: one more season of slayage. 

1 hour ago, Souvenir said:

where is it? 

4 minutes ago, Geovane. said:

where is it? 

Look up her name on IG, recent.

where did it became so hard to find anything leaked of this girl? her team really don't mess around... geez

The way she always wins

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.