Rihanna

M A R C

I believe that R9 will drop next year. Maybe Q2 if we don't have a surprise on Q1

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zzmyth

• istan4badgalriri

• Cheers

• RihRihGirrrl

16 hours ago, BajanBeauty said:

This don’t even make sense. Sell what? 

Because someone watching the SB is really gonna be like let me go buy her new highlighter or that bra hidden underneath her costume. Get real 

Fenty Beauty & Savage X are established brands going on 5+ years… they sell on their own. 

Fenty beauty and Savage (especially) are still very much infant brands especially given their market share in comparison with their respective markets. Rihanna has even said something similar to this in one of her interviews from a couple years back.. To say they don’t rely on the marketability of Rihanna to sell them is extremely naive.

Your comment about the SB was not what I was saying at all? You don’t need to be rude and tell people to “get real” because you have a different opinion. I’m sitting here telling you I’m hoping I’m wrong. Rihanna built her image and career from her music which gave her the platform to build other businesses. It makes total sense that she’d have to maintain a certain level of public interest with music to be of benefit to her image, media & tabloid presence etc. 

3 hours ago, Homebrand said:

Fenty beauty and Savage (especially) are still very much infant brands especially given their market share in comparison with their respective markets. Rihanna has even said something similar to this in one of her interviews from a couple years back.. To say they don’t rely on the marketability of Rihanna to sell them is extremely naive.

Your comment about the SB was not what I was saying at all? You don’t need to be rude and tell people to “get real” because you have a different opinion. I’m sitting here telling you I’m hoping I’m wrong. Rihanna built her image and career from her music which gave her the platform to build other businesses. It makes total sense that she’d have to maintain a certain level of public interest with music to be of benefit to her image, media & tabloid presence etc. 

But you basically said you felt she only came back to promote her brands. That sort of commentary has been spewed by “fans” and haters alike for the past 6 years. 

For years ppl been saying b.s about her “never being passionate about music” all because she dared take a break and showed interests in other artistic mediums 

Now she returns to the music scene and the logic is “she only came back to help her brands” (Brands that have been thriving without musical content from her. The average Savage X or Fenty Beauty consumer =\= a Rihanna music stan. Over the years she gained a whole separate fanbase)

Yes without Rihanna the singer, her businesses would not be as successful. But to make it seem like one currently relies on the other to survive is false equivalencies when there’s a clear distinction between the 2 entities. 

I apologize if my comment came off rude but this fanbase as a whole has a tendency of being pessimistic and never satisfied when it comes to Rih. :hug:

Rihanna is Trending Topic once again today.

First because there is a video of her at the 2014 world cup final and people are saying that is a brazilian lookalike acting like her... I mean... WTF?

and also because she is headlining a festival in brazil in September 2023

13 years today of the album that made me a STAN.

This really is one of those albums that changed my life.

I was sooooo in love with everything. From the aesthetic, to the sound, to her videos and image. Insane.

7 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

I was sooooo in love with everything. From the aesthetic, to the sound, to her videos and image. Insane.

I remember we were both commenting on the Rihannadaily comment section along with HumanitySector, MaisonMargiela and couple of others, we were requesting the hell out of her songs on the radio, doing listening parties.. the good days:hug:

35 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

“Russian Roulette” BOMBING in the U.S is still strange to me, however I gather that the song was just too dark and morose for U.S audiences. It spent one week at #9 and fell off the chart less than 12 weeks later. 

The song didn’t even perform well on U.S radio.

#21 POP, #22 RHY, #40 URB

:rip:

The fact that it smashed so hard WW, especially in Europe, is also a mystery but it shows how big and popular Rihanna was in the continent. 

1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

“Russian Roulette” BOMBING in the U.S is still strange to me, however I gather that the song was just too dark and morose for U.S audiences. It spent one week at #9 and fell off the chart less than 12 weeks later. 

The song didn’t even perform well on U.S radio.

#21 POP, #22 RHY, #40 URB

:rip:

The fact that it smashed so hard WW, especially in Europe, is also a mystery but it shows how big and popular Rihanna was in the continent. 

I remember here in the US there was the dumb controversy around the song. For some reason ppl chose to be obtuse and cause this faux outrage about the name of the song and whether or not she was seriously suicidal after the incident in 09 ? but I do also think the song was too dark for most ppl especially for what they’d come to expect from Rih. A lot of ppl back then didn’t respect her enough as a true artist to really appreciate the value of the song, the whole album really was ahead of its time. 

8 hours ago, SLIMMshay_d said:

I remember here in the US there was the dumb controversy around the song. For some reason ppl chose to be obtuse and cause this faux outrage about the name of the song and whether or not she was seriously suicidal after the incident in 09 ? but I do also think the song was too dark for most ppl especially for what they’d come to expect from Rih. A lot of ppl back then didn’t respect her enough as a true artist to really appreciate the value of the song, the whole album really was ahead of its time. 

The fact that Rude Boy saved this album when it is clearly the WORST song in it. And the odd one out. 

But... Oh well. She had the balls to come with Rated R after the megasmash that was GGGB.... And I think that part of my staning comes from that boldness. 

She really took control of her career after this... And that showed. 

Still in love with RR until this day. 

:clap3: 

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

The fact that Rude Boy saved this album when it is clearly the WORST song in it. And the odd one out. 

But... Oh well. She had the balls to come with Rated R after the megasmash that was GGGB.... And I think that part of my staning comes from that boldness. 

She really took control of her career after this... And that showed. 

Still in love with RR until this day. 

Not too much on the good sis Rude Boy, her reggae tinged pop songs (WMN, Watch n Learn and Rude Boy) are all hands down her best pop songs. 

I don’t feel it’s THAT out of place on the album that stans make out it to be. It played off the whole bad gal persona she was growing into :chick1:

10 hours ago, SLIMMshay_d said:

?the whole album really was ahead of its time. 

True. 

The moment after a megapop success. After the CB assault. 

People was expecting that she dropped another pop colorful Era to evade the problem. Or that she played the victim. But not. She came with a more rude, sexual and dark side. 

Only 21 years old, but this was deep and powerful. 

Anyone knows what the surge of CKB is about?

I mean it went from doing 25K a day to 200K

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

Anyone knows what the surge of CKB is about?

I mean it went from doing 25K a day to 200K

went viral on Tik tok 

9 hours ago, Homebrand said:

Not too much on the good sis Rude Boy, her reggae tinged pop songs (WMN, Watch n Learn and Rude Boy) are all hands down her best pop songs. 

I don’t feel it’s THAT out of place on the album that stans make out it to be. It played off the whole bad gal persona she was growing into :chick1:

I agree

I didn't say the contrary, or that I don't like Rude Boy...

What I mean is that Rude Boy was misplaced in Rated R.

Everything else was dark and moody and Rude Boy was pop and fun.

It was a hit, but it was not a representation of the album.

Well you said it's the worst song on the album when Stupid In Love and Photographs are right there :emofish:

I get what you're saying though & it's not a main representation of the album, but I don't think every song needs to be 'dark' or 'moody' to make an album cohesive or that it makes a song out of place on an album.

See Rude Boy (to me) would be out of place on GGGB despite that album being 'pop and fun' because she hadn't yet grown into that unapologetic & edgy persona she evolved into with Rated R and her later albums. 

Was ''Find Your Love'' by Drake intended for Rated R or Loud?

I would love to have heard Rihanna's take on that song, it could of easily replaced Stupid In Love to make RR a nearly perfect record :jonny5:

It's still crazy to me how Ne-Yo wrote Stupid In Love a couple days before the 2009 Grammys... lowkey scary nn

11 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

Well you said it's the worst song on the album when Stupid In Love and Photographs are right there :emofish:

I get what you're saying though & it's not a main representation of the album, but I don't think every song needs to be 'dark' or 'moody' to make an album cohesive or that it makes a song out of place on an album.

See Rude Boy (to me) would be out of place on GGGB despite that album being 'pop and fun' because she hadn't yet grown into that unapologetic & edgy persona she evolved into with Rated R and her later albums. 

I love both SiL and Photographs... I'm sorry.

The only thing I would change in them is Will.I.Am's voice. I would take that out and they are solid 8-8.5 for me

11 years ago yesterday I went to the LOUD Tour and seen her live for the first time. Incredible show, I can’t wait to see her on tour next year

:jonny2:

Edited by RihannaLoverrr

56 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

I agree. 

It was a hit and a good song but don't fit with the others songs. Maybe the lyrics yes. Because she is rude and powerful but the sound not. 

She was the only one from  that want to make it a single. She know what to did. Esther Dean reveled. 

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

agreed, it would've been perfect on Loud while Man Down being on Rated R

and if this was the case, Loud would've had 4 #1s literally just 1 more #1 to tie Katy's record and in the same year too :jonny3:

Edited by Kiss It Better

5 hours ago, Homebrand said:

I mean there are some fun tracks like Wait Your Turn, Hard and G4L that still have that edgy dark vibe that work well with the album. Rude Boy as much as a bop as it may be is legitimately very out of place on the album and does not fit with the storyline going on either. Definitely feels like it should’ve been on Loud

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.