Normani

URBAN

13 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Based on what? Anything concrete?

She left a comment under Megs IG post, the comment is those usual 'eyes emoji' she uses when its music related lol 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

• AFullMoonlight

2 hours ago, orange22 said:

Normani has definitely had “moments” but I think the stan goggles are on here. Chloe and Tinashe have certainly both had their fair share of “moments” as well and all 3 are different artists so the comparisons will never be 1:1. 

I disagree. Tinashe and Chloe have never had a moment like the 2018 BBMAs or the tractor scene in WFH or even viral moments on DWTS. If they did it they would have shown up in the top 10 of the charts or in the DWTS finales (Tinashe). I think the cynic goggles come out for Normani because she’s so inconsistent. 

The closest thing is Tinahse’s hit 2 On but she could never recapture that moment and it’s been a decade. Normani’s had a lot of moments since then. 

13 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

I disagree. Tinashe and Chloe have never had a moment like the 2018 BBMAs or the tractor scene in WFH or even viral moments on DWTS. If they did it they would have shown up in the top 10 of the charts or in the DWTS finales (Tinashe). I think the cynic goggles come out for Normani because she’s so inconsistent. 

The closest thing is Tinahse’s hit 2 On but she could never recapture that moment and it’s been a decade. Normani’s had a lot of moments since then. 

I get what you’re saying and Normani has objectively probably had the highest high’s of them all but…

Chloe is probably the biggest celebrity of the 3. Everything she does is a conversation & she only debuted as a solo act last year. She was Grammy-nominated for her work with Halle & the Bey co-sign only gives her that much more credibility. But she has her own issues right now…

Tinashe works harder than both of them and is the most consistent. She’s not the biggest by any means but she is quietly building a solid legacy for herself (she’s had her fair share of viral moments too). She doesn’t have crazy chart stats but her catalog is huge & she’s independent now so she’s good. I would also think Normani fans would sympathize with her a bit more given the RCA of it all. I couldn’t believe Normani signed with them after what happened to Tinashe & Zayn.

Normani on the other hand has 3(?) actual solo songs in her catalog and we hear from her once or twice a year?

24 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I get what you’re saying and Normani has objectively probably had the highest high’s of them all but…

Chloe is probably the biggest celebrity of the 3. Everything she does is a conversation & she only debuted as a solo act last year. She was Grammy-nominated for her work with Halle & the Bey co-sign only gives her that much more credibility. But she has her own issues right now…

Tinashe works harder than both of them and is the most consistent. She’s not the biggest by any means but she is quietly building a solid legacy for herself (she’s had her fair share of viral moments too). She doesn’t have crazy chart stats but her catalog is huge & she’s independent now so she’s good. I would also think Normani fans would sympathize with her a bit more given the RCA of it all. I couldn’t believe Normani signed with them after what happened to Tinashe & Zayn.

Normani on the other hand has 3(?) actual solo songs in her catalog and we hear from her once or twice a year?

Normani is not consistent, true. However, I can think of six songs in Normani’s career that are worth more than Tinashe, Chloe x Halle, Justine Skye, plus throw in a few other names, entire music catalogs combined.

This is not an exaggeration. It’s not just higher highs it’s the difference between having enough commercial success to maintain interest despite having some low points, vs being dropped from your label because there is no proof of concept with you..

Just now, cliche_display said:

Normani is not consistent, true. However, I can think of six songs in Normani’s career that are worth more than Tinashe, Chloe x Halle, Justine Skye, plus throw in a few other names, entire music catalogs combined.

This is not an exaggeration. It’s not just higher highs it’s the difference between having enough commercial success to maintain interest despite having some low points, vs being dropped from your label because there is no proof of concept with you..

And how many of those songs are collabs? Fair was no Dancing with a Stranger and let’s not act like Sam Smith is nobody…

16 minutes ago, orange22 said:

And how many of those songs are collabs? Fair was no Dancing with a Stranger and let’s not act like Sam Smith is nobody…

I feel like something nice to notice about this, it’s that Normani was capable of getting those collabs in the first whereas the other two, actually can’t 

6 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

I feel like something nice to notice about this, it’s that Normani was capable of getting those collabs in the first whereas the other two, actually can’t 

Normani has smash collabs. Tinashe had a big collab with Britney but still couldn’t smash. Chloe biggest hit was her debut and Judging by her later releases that will remain her peak. Normani has that mysterious vibe about her that helps her do well when she comes back after her hiatus because she releases quality which is why I’m not worried about her career. Love Lies is x7 platinum and CIL is 6x Platinum. Normani is clearly doing something right that she surpassed Beyonces debut single.

7 hours ago, halfhabibi said:

Here's the honest truth:

Shes clearly going through ****, likely to do with her family/mom, and has been taking a step back that's allowed her to lay low and be in the studio. 

One thing that's certain, and no shade to any of the other girls, is that Normani's not Tinashe, she's not Chloe. None of these girls have even remotely touched Wild Side or Motivation. That's immeasurable talent. You can compare her to any of them all you want, but even if this girl is dropping one video a year, you know damn well that video is going to make an impact. This is not up for debate. We can argue how big she's going to be if she goes at this pace, sure but do not reduce her skill set to anything less than spectacular.

I love Chloe to death but she's constantly releasing **** that is not sticking. And everything she teases, gets clowned on. Idk why we are doing a comparison between the two. 

Let's take a step back and remember we don't know any of these people. Mani's music will come when it comes. It's annoying that she keeps giving us empty promises about "the summer" and not communicating on delays but that's par for the course at this point. 

The audacity to say Tinashe has not released anything as good :deadbanana4: I love Normani but she wishes she had a "2 On", which was actually a big hit

Ok now y’all showing ass because why would Normani wish for a 2 On (one of the weakest tracks on Aquarius) when she has multiple hits that surpasses that. This isn’t even including her group efforts. :deadbanana2:

Now stop bringing up T and Chloe because I don’t want to say anything mean, but I will state the truth. 

19 minutes ago, Camilitau.u said:

Normani has smash collabs. Tinashe had a big collab with Britney but still couldn’t smash. Chloe biggest hit was her debut and Judging by her later releases that will remain her peak. Normani has that mysterious vibe about her that helps her do well when she comes back after her hiatus because she releases quality which is why I’m not worried about her career. Love Lies is x7 platinum and CIL is 6x Platinum. Normani is clearly doing something right that she surpassed Beyonces debut single.

I'm sorry but this is SO delusional :deadbanana4: You really think Love ******* Lies is bigger than CRAZY IN LOVE?? Any stan should know that certifications are wildly different now than in the mid 2000s thanks to streaming. Crazy in Love pushed 10m+ copies of its parent album and is one of the most famous and iconic songs of the last 20 years. Like.......... delusional stan attitudes are what put Normani into this hole and gassed up her ego to where it is now. It's got to stop. She has not surpassed Beyonce in any way shape or form.

4 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Ok now y’all showing ass because why would Normani wish for a 2 On (one of the weakest tracks on Aquarius) when she has multiple hits that surpasses that. This isn’t even including her group efforts. :deadbanana2:

Now stop bringing up T and Chloe because I don’t want to say anything mean, but I will state the truth. 

It's true you're right her collabs are bigger, but 2 On was bigger than Motivation and Wild Side, and those are the singles with Normani as the primary artist that her career is being judged on. Tinashe also has excellent albums not just singles. She should be a blueprint for Normani at this point since the way things are going she will end up indie. And she's got money so she can fund herself so this isn't shade. It would liberate her from the industry BS that seems to be plaguing her.

Chloe is another matter. That girl has been pushed harder than a baby coming out the *** and she's not happening.

Are you not the same user that claimed WS was better than anything on Renaissance and you just said Normani with all her career highs wished for a 2 On? I guess we drag Normani when the time is right. You’re both Delulu imo. 

4 minutes ago, Protocol said:

I'm sorry but this is SO delusional :deadbanana4: You really think Love ******* Lies is bigger than CRAZY IN LOVE?? Any stan should know that certifications are wildly different now than in the mid 2000s thanks to streaming. Crazy in Love pushed 10m+ copies of its parent album and is one of the most famous and iconic songs of the last 20 years. Like.......... delusional stan attitudes are what put Normani into this hole and gassed up her ego to where it is now. It's got to stop. She has not surpassed Beyonce in any way shape or form.

Just now, AFullMoonlight said:

Are you not the same user that claimed WS was better than anything on Renaissance and you just said Normani with all her career highs wished for a 2 On? I guess we drag Normani when the time is right. You’re both Delulu imo. 

And I stand by that, "Wild Side" is a REALLY good song. It's better than "2 On" quality wise. But it was not a bigger hit. Normani needs a big hit right now, badly.

2 On was a decent size hit, but it wasn’t even big enough to launch Tinashe. Let’s be for real. :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

Tinashe and others have no shortage of collabs

They still don't have Dancing with a Strangers or Love Lies. By the numbers Motivation is bigger than Tinashe's whole last album...so let's not go there.

Also, I'm pretty sure Fair was bigger than Khalid's last release so why act like Normani is a nobody culturally compared to her collaborators...

Obviously they contributed heavily payola to the equation but Let's not act like Sam and Khalid are Michael Jacksons...

Edited by cliche_display

2 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

2 On was a decent size hit, but it wasn’t even big enough to launch Tinashe. Let’s be for real. :deadbanana2:

Which is why Aquarius flopped. Wild Side and Motivation actually made cultural impact>> 

2 on was giving Natalie La Rose Faceless 2014 DJ mustard leftover track. Wild side peaked higher for a reason and 2 on had a Drake remix.

5 minutes ago, Camilitau.u said:

Which is why Aquarius flopped. Wild Side and Motivation actually made cultural impact>> 

2 on was giving Natalie La Rose Faceless 2014 DJ mustard leftover track. Wild side peaked higher for a reason and 2 on had a Drake remix.

2 On was a hit before Spotify was even heavily included in the chart calculations please :dies: be humble we have yet to even GET a debut album over here 

Edited by orange22

Just now, orange22 said:

2 On was a hit before Spotify was even included in the charts please :dies: be humble we have yet to even GET a debut album over here 

Normani was already releasing bigger hit singles at that time BOSS, Sledgehammer, Worth It were literally in that same era. So Normani isn’t new to big success she’s had the biggest success in a group and solo. Which leads me to believe she will be the biggest bc she hasn’t been pushed down the publics throat and puked it out cough cough Chloe. The public is actually here for Mani they just want consistency. 

9 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Tinashe and others have no shortage of collabs and Chloe is backed by the most prominent black woman in music.

They still don't have Dancing with a Strangers or Love Lies. By the numbers Motivation is bigger than Tinashe's whole last album...so let's not go there.

Also, I'm pretty sure Fair was bigger than Khalid's last release so why act like Normani is a nobody culturally compared to her collaborators...

"Numb", Khalid's last single, has 60M streams on Spotify. "Fair" has 14M...

The stans have got to stop acting like she's Beyonce. It's what's been the biggest problem in her career, this paralyzing fear to do anything unless it's a 'culture reset' because she's supposed to be Beyonce 2.0.

12 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Tinashe and others have no shortage of collabs

Let's not act like Sam and Khalid are Michael Jacksons...

DWAS and LL aren’t even in Sam or Khalid’s top 5 on Spotify. Khalid’s last solo single “Skyline” has 38M streams…last time I checked Miss “Fair” she did not. 

Edited by orange22

Just now, Protocol said:

"Numb", Khalid's last single, has 60M streams on Spotify. "Fair" has 14M...

The stans have got to stop acting like she's Beyonce. It's what's been the biggest problem in her career, this paralyzing fear to do anything unless it's a 'culture reset' because she's supposed to be Beyonce 2.0.

You’re really comparing a big dance collab with Marshmello to a boring ballad that nobody wanted from Normani. Look at Khalid’s last number streams he fell off. Numb is probably his last hit ever thanks to Marshmellos power not his.

Just now, orange22 said:

DWAS and LL aren’t in Sam or Khalid’s top 5 on Spotify. Khalid’s last single has 38M streams…last time I checked Miss “Fair” she did not.

Not you defending those flops. DWAS was literally Sam’s last hit ever. He’s a fad like Khalid.

1 minute ago, Camilitau.u said:

Not you defending those flops. DWAS was literally Sam’s last hit ever. He’s a fad like Khalid.

Normani doesn’t have a “Location” or a “Latch”

Edited by orange22

Just now, Camilitau.u said:

"How Do You Sleep?": 834M Spotify / 336M YouTube

How is that not a hit? And that was solo and released around the same time as "Motivation"

Normani needs her stans to stop being delusional. The playing field has changed. The goalpost needs to change as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.