Normani

URBAN

11 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

She has no incentive to appease anyone because no one is ever fair with her.

Oh, cliche_display had no business coming with all that tea  :lakitu:  

Seriously guys, all of you are entitled to your opinions and how you want to deal with that. We really don't need to argue back and forth trying to check who's right and who's wrong. She did what she did, whoever wants to keep on being here discussing whatever else happens in her career, then be. If you don't want to, that's fine. We've always been a friendly community and it'd really nice to keep going like that. Even though we deal with constant stress, at least it's a fun place at times to forget Normani's wrong doings

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

• AFullMoonlight

What we can all do is stop referring to a video cameo as a collab :coffee2:

27 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

So then you're just talking to see yourself talk.

The "backlash" for her dancing in a video should and will be nothing. Or 1 day of trending and a little more visibility in the black community. However you want to look at it.

About the same as the backlash for 

Nicki (Only, All Eyes On You, Do You Mind, Love More, Wobble Up, Right By My Side, Take It To The Head)

Drake (No Guidance)

Sevyn Streeter (It Won't Stop)

Teyana Taylor (Do Not Disturb)

Pia Mia (Do It Again)

Big Sean (Play No Games)

Summer Walker (Something Real, Like It)

Rita Ora (Body On Me)

K Michelle (Either Way)

Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes (Look At Me Now)

Justin Bieber (Next To You)

Usher (New Flame)

H.E.R. (Come Thru, Slide)

Ella Mai (Watchamacallit)

Mulatto (Go Crazy)

Dawn Richard (Marvins Room)

Zendaya (Something New)

Agnez Mo

Fat Jo

Trey Songs

Marshmello

Dani Leigh

Tyga

T Pain

Snoop Dogg

Charlie Wilson

Diddy

Tinashe

Ester Dean

Diggy Simmons

YG

Kid Ink

Jhene Aiko

Meek Mill

Jacquees

Ciara

2 Chainz

Miguel

Nelly

Rihanna

Plies

French Montana

Mary J Blige

Dej Loaf

Wale

Ray J

Ann Marie

Tank

Timbaland

T.I.

Keri Hilson

Joyner Lucas

Jack Harlow

50 Cent

Ludacris 

Twista

Pitbull

Chloe

and the countless other collaborators, media platforms, labels, award shows, tv stations, and radio programs who've upheld his career over the past decade.

Everyone can see through the attention seeking antics when it comes to clickbaiting Normani and her every move since 2018. From WAP, to the 2021 VMAs, to Fair, to appearing on Nicki Radio --it's all the same relentless bashing and faultfinding. She has no incentive to appease anyone because no one is ever fair with her. It's a shame and this is coming from someone who has been overly invested and vocal about what I think her career should look like.

I can make this exact post with all the viral hate tweets (btw all of them are way more viral than the most viral tweet out the set you posted above) and viral tiktoks.

With that said, for the 100th time before I start blocking anyone quoting me and PROJECTING things I did not say to “dunk” on me, I have no PERSONAL issue with her doing the video and I even praised it pages ago. 

I didn’t just jump in here and say “OMG SHE DESTROYED HERSELF AND HAS NO MORALS”. I communicated a clear point in context which was, HER LONG TERM FANS WHO PAID MONEY FOR YEARS, RADIO REQUESTED FOR YEARS, GAVE HER TONS OF SUPPORT WHEN SHE WAS RACIALLY ABUSED BY TROLLS FOR YEARS, have a right to be mad/sad and unstan.

Her image and perception to them (and the public) was 100% NOT of someone who would work with CB. Normani literally was an advocate against Cyberbullying (with Cybersmile Foundation) for crying out loud and CB has cyberbullied up and down. Like these things are not consistent. It throws into question what is her actual brand to long-time fans. 

End of topic on my part. Anyone quoting this with nonsense is blocked, so keep it to subliminal messages on your own posts. 

Edited by Flare

15 hours ago, WheresJay said:

Also, artists do cameos in other artists videos. Why does this suddenly make her look weak or without a career? No one said that about Usher in Naughty Girl or Tyrese in Angel Of Mine. 

I agree. However, the difference is Usher and Tyrese released music regularly, you see? So that gave them the freedom to do side projects without side projects becoming their brand. You've implied that her team wants to dispel the narrative that she needs collabs. So how would collaborating on songs do more to perpetuate that narrative than collaborating in music videos?

I just wish Normani and her team could be smart and responsive for once in this 4.5 year run and instead of postponing every release in this never-ending cycle of feet dragging, capitalize on the attention and move something up. They should release Candy Paint with the attention and not sit on their thumbs for a month while feelings harden. It's so sad because I know they don't have the forethought, or the professional capability to execute a positive change to her release schedule no matter how much sense it would make.

Edited by cliche_display

There's so much attention seeking when it comes to Normani's name --even in here -- and while I do believe some people are genuinely disturbed by what Chris Brown's continued success represents (I am when I think about how his music remains ubiquitous post 2009) there is a lot of opportunism and projecting onto Normani when a video cameo is a drop in the bucket and hardly relevant to his past. Do you personally boycott the award shows Chris is at? Did you delete Spotify off your phone because they still make his music available? Did you censure Rihanna for taking him back? Have you written a letter to RCA to reallocate his budget to less problematic artists? If not, then you're being a hypocrite. 

The only way the overreaction and singling out of a video cameo makes sense outside of misogyny and other biases, is if you flatter Normani and say that her brand means something more than the dozens of other women (and A list men) who've worked with him. Chris's past actions are coming back up because Normani is "condoning" him as a black woman in "pop" who's had some crossover success, so maybe the visual reminds people of the last time he was with a mainstream black girl...

Because it's literally been 13 years of him continuing to be embraced by the urban industry. You can't say she's unsupportable and then be constantly checking for her.

At any rate, tell them to announce Candy Paint this week  @Wheresjay and release it next week.

6 hours ago, NormaniReign said:

Just scrolled at her IG post and the difference between the comments there to the Twitter ones...The girls are stanning Im screaming:bibliahh::bibliahh:

Shhhh don't let the girls know. They think she's getting her lashings from the delulu performative activists on twitter when the reality is the audience she's appealing to the most is eating the video up. :sistrens:

13 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Because it's literally been 13 years of him continuing to be embraced by the urban industry. You can't say she's unsupportable and then be constantly checking for her.

IKR. Those same people are going to be still lining up to listen to Candy Paint and give their 2 cents. I'm hollering. :toofunny2:

Interesting that they've been actively making the internet remember Normani and forcing the GP to talk about her. First it was the Josh collab first/second week of June. Then last week, the dating rumours spiked all around. This week there is the CB music video and everyone is again up in her business. We will either get one last random moment for June or the teasing will start next week. 

Oprah Listening GIF - Oprah Listening Thinking - Discover & Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Interesting that they've been actively making the internet remember Normani and forcing the GP to talk about her. First it was the Josh collab first/second week of June. Then last week, the dating rumours spiked all around. This week there is the CB music video and everyone is again up in her business. We will either get one last random moment for June or the teasing will start next week. 

I wonder if she was cut from the Calvin album or if it’s getting released in another fashion? The snippet we heard doesn’t fit the Funk Wave Bounce soundscape (if you listen to Potion or the vol. 1 from 2017.) I wonder if it’s for his side project Love Regenerator instead? It’s odd cause she usually doesn’t tease like that for other people’s projects unless something actually comes out.

I dont care how delusional I sound but theres something special about Normani....when she popped up on that Chris Brown video, the details in her dancing, sensuality. Same way she made me gag when i first watched the WAP video. Shes electrifying.  :wanda:. Im now hyped again for Candy Smash:jonny6:

3 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

I wonder if she was cut from the Calvin album or if it’s getting released in another fashion? The snippet we heard doesn’t fit the Funk Wave Bounce soundscape (if you listen to Potion or the vol. 1 from 2017.) I wonder if it’s for his side project Love Regenerator instead? It’s odd cause she usually doesn’t tease like that for other people’s projects unless something actually comes out.

Ever since that first snippet came out - I saw people tagging it with this name "Love Regenerator" which I have no what is that, but I'm assuming it's another EP? It's kinda weird that she was leaving comments in all of his posts about FWBv2. Maybe she didn't know in which album she was coming? :toofunny3:  it also doesn't make sense, bc that was the first thing he previewed before starting the teasing for this project. Maybe he just used her for clout, but wasn't really putting her in it. 

4 minutes ago, NormaniReign said:

I dont care how delusional I sound but theres something special about Normani....when she popped up on that Chris Brown video, the details in her dancing, sensuality. Same way she made me gag when i first watched the WAP video. Shes electrifying.  :wanda:. Im now hyped again for Candy Smash:jonny6:

That's true. There's something in her - and that's probably why most of us are here after all these years. She has a spark. She was truly gorgeous in that video, her presence is unmatched. Nowadays, I really couldn't care less about celebrity world outside this website - but when it comes to her? She got me in my feelings occasionally lol I really can't explain it either.

3 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Ever since that first snippet came out - I saw people tagging it with this name "Love Regenerator" which I have no what is that, but I'm assuming it's another EP? It's kinda weird that she was leaving comments in all of his posts about FWBv2. Maybe she didn't know in which album she was coming? :toofunny3:  it also doesn't make sense, bc that was the first thing he previewed before starting the teasing for this project. Maybe he just used her for clout, but wasn't really putting her in it. 

It’s a more house influenced side project of Calvin’s:

2 hours ago, cliche_display said:

So then you're just talking to see yourself talk.

About the same as the backlash for 

Nicki (Only, All Eyes On You, Do You Mind, Love More, Wobble Up, Right By My Side, Take It To The Head)

Drake (No Guidance)

Sevyn Streeter (It Won't Stop)

Teyana Taylor (Do Not Disturb)

Pia Mia (Do It Again)

Big Sean (Play No Games)

Summer Walker (Something Real, Like It)

Rita Ora (Body On Me)

K Michelle (Either Way)

Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes (Look At Me Now)

Justin Bieber (Next To You)

Usher (New Flame)

H.E.R. (Come Thru, Slide)

Ella Mai (Watchamacallit)

Mulatto (Go Crazy)

Dawn Richard (Marvins Room)

Zendaya (Something New)

Agnez Mo

Fat Jo

Trey

Twista

Pitbull

Chloe

and the countless other collaborators, media platforms, labels, award shows, tv stations, and radio programs who've upheld his career over the past decade.

Everyone can see through the attention seeking antics

I think this, you, and many others in here might be misdirecting your frustrations or anger. This isn’t a troll thread made up so haters can drag Normani, hundreds of those can be found literally everyone else on this site. This is her base where we know a majority of people in here and that they aren’t here to troll. If they feel some type of way, so be it but I don’t think the intent is to “drag” or be “hypocrites”. You can bring up as many other people as you’d like that have collabed with him but I don’t think the people in here really care what Pia Mia does or is associated with if they don’t really stan her or follow her like that. I think when we stan people, we do so bc we think they are better at their craft than most, they excite us the most, like the person they are and thus may hold them to a higher standard.

Moral of the story is…. Let’s just try to remember we are all entitled to our opinions and feelings and try not to turn this base into a hostile place. (This isn’t specifically to you, just in general)

Edited by Khamis

7 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

That's true. There's something in her - and that's probably why most of us are here after all these years. She has a spark. She was truly gorgeous in that video, her presence is unmatched. Nowadays, I really couldn't care less about celebrity world outside this website - but when it comes to her? She got me in my feelings occasionally lol I really can't explain it either.

And Atrl and Twitter hating her for no reason is proof of that. The fact that we stayed yet the only thing we got is crumbs. At sometimes Im grateful for quality crumbs than quantity reductive music, I know Candy Paint will be quality. She will make us gag again. This CB video just fueled my hunger for music:wanda:

2 minutes ago, NormaniReign said:

And Atrl and Twitter hating her for no reason is proof of that. The fact that we stayed yet the only thing we got is crumbs. At sometimes Im grateful for quality crumbs than quantity reductive music, I know Candy Paint will be quality. She will make us gag again. This CB video just fueled my hunger for music:wanda:

The quality can be there all it wants but if RCA doesn’t believe in it by investing in it causing it to flop, we will continue to stay hungry for music :rip:

I just hope rca has a plan. A real one this time

17 minutes ago, Khamis said:

The quality can be there all it wants but if RCA doesn’t believe in it by investing in it causing it to flop, we will continue to stay hungry for music :rip:

I just hope rca has a plan. A real one this time

We cant always blame RCA...lots of artists blew up with no excessive promo. These days it takes more than one song to be a star, she needs a body of work to build a formidable audience. If you take a look, only Lil Nas and Olivia blew up with one song. 80% of this generation stars saw stardom after their second album/projects atleast. Normani having this hype is a miracle if you ask me, girl drops on song per year and dips.

Big investment or not, the album needs to drop, even if it flops, the GP will pick their song, another thing setting her back. I know there are better songs than Wild Side and Fair in her vault

Edited by NormaniReign

2 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

Hello

1 hour ago, Khamis said:

I think this, you, and many others in here might be misdirecting your frustrations or anger. This isn’t a troll thread made up so haters can drag Normani, hundreds of those can be found literally everyone else on this site. This is her base where we know a majority of people in here and that they aren’t here to troll. If they feel some type of way, so be it but I don’t think the intent is to “drag” or be “hypocrites”. You can bring up as many other people as you’d like that have collabed with him but I don’t think the people in here really care what Pia Mia does or is associated with if they don’t really stan her or follow her like that. I think when we stan people, we do so bc we think they are better at their craft than most, they excite us the most, like the person they are and thus may hold them to a higher standard.

Literally all I was trying to say (I brought up Ava Max when I meant Pia Mia though).This is base not some random thread of haters and people need to remember it’s mainly fans in here giving fan opinions not blind hate.

Anyways, once Candy Paint drops, we won’t be discussing any of this and everyone will be arguing over rollouts and streaming numbers. It’s always going to be a discussion about something and everyone is entitled to post their opinions. :gaycat3:

2 hours ago, WheresJay said:

Hello

Hello WheresJay  :gaycat2:

6 hours ago, tachiwaka said:

What we can all do is stop referring to a video cameo as a collab :coffee2:

But NOW we said it :bibliahh:

People on twitter claiming she shot/is shooting the video now. Idk what to believe lol

52 minutes ago, halfhabibi said:

People on twitter claiming she shot/is shooting the video now. Idk what to believe lol

Who? Anyone reliable? PM me if you don’t want it posted here.

Edited by nooniebao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.