Normani

URBAN

39 minutes ago, Jared said:

I think realistically BTS releasing a week before Normani is a non-factor to us. We need to do our best to help buy, stream and promote and aim for a top 10 debut, not be worried about competing with BTS numbers. :deadbanana4:

Yeah this. If people think she’s going to be instantly battling for a #1 with her debut album that’s come 4 years after she went solo and after like 3 different hiatuses/restarts, they… might want to adjust their expectations :toofunny2: A debut somewhere in the Top 10 would be ideal, but frankly I’m really avoiding setting any expectations at all and I’m mostly hoping for longevity. Wild Side did well on AM but Fair has completely bombed so far, so it’s really a toss up right now in terms of how much that audience is checking for her. I guess the uptempo’s performance will help us get a better sense of where she stands. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

• AFullMoonlight

16 minutes ago, shelven said:

Yeah this. If people think she’s going to be instantly battling for a #1 with her debut album that’s come 4 years after she went solo and after like 3 different hiatuses/restarts, they… might want to adjust their expectations :toofunny2: A debut somewhere in the Top 10 would be ideal, but frankly I’m really avoiding setting any expectations at all and I’m mostly hoping for longevity. Wild Side did well on AM but Fair has completely bombed so far, so it’s really a toss up right now in terms of how much that audience is checking for her. I guess the uptempo’s performance will help us get a better sense of where she stands. 

Anywhere in the top 10 would be great for me and yes I agree the uptempo will give us a better idea at where she stands. 

The Calvin song is for his album and so to me whether it's a hit or a flop, it doesn't matter. Obviously I would prefer a hit for more exposure for Normani :laugh:. I'm just happy for more Normani music and I am happy to get it in any form.

She needs to add all the droplets and features as bonus tracks on a streaming deluxe version of the album. Her album will drive streams to those other songs so may as well have them help the chart positions. 

3 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

Btw, if rumours are true we are basically 2 exact months away from the album

K3BaeVd.gif

god has smiled on us (finally)

K3BaeVd.gif

3 hours ago, itscomingitsreal said:

We're definitely going to do what we can, but I think we also need to remember her actual engaged core fanbase is pretty small and there's only so much we can do on our own :toofunny2:

The real potential for a 'high debut' will lie in the hands of the general public and I fear that's going to be a toss up for several reasons :ace:  We'll do our part, but it's also best if we manage general expectations lol.

I can agree with that and the way you’re saying it. People just didn’t have the same way with words when I said this on Twitter nor did they seem to be “eager” about mobilizing or moving as a collective. Us working hard to do what we can for fav will also make her feel better about the project. She felt great about what we were able to do for her with fair. That’s all I was trying to get across :angelo:

37 minutes ago, Getlikemike said:

I can agree with that and the way you’re saying it. People just didn’t have the same way with words when I said this on Twitter nor did they seem to be “eager” about mobilizing or moving as a collective. Us working hard to do what we can for fav will also make her feel better about the project. She felt great about what we were able to do for her with fair. That’s all I was trying to get across :angelo:

No shade to the Twitter fans (and I actually mean that this time :eli:) but I think they're just naturally more inclined to take the approach of not questioning her power/decisions and deferring to her because of the way Twitter works compared to a forum like ATRL. Firstly, there's a pretty decent risk she can actually see what people tweet about, whereas the chance of her seeing ATRL posts is basically 0. And then secondly, Twitter ONHs can feel a lot more present than her haters on here - as annoying as her haters here are, ATRL has rules that can get you warned/banned for stepping too far out of line and threads will get closed here if things start to get ugly. On Twitter, unless someone basically threatens to kill her, a tweet's probably not going to get removed and the person's probably not getting suspended :rip: So given how prevalent the hate can be there, I see why they're more inclined to double down on defending everything she does and being overly protective of her.

As much as I have genuine problems with the approach her Twitter fanbase often takes (plus it's fun to know that they watch us despite claiming we're irrelevant :fan:), I can also understand why those fans are different from us. ATRL and Twitter are very different platforms and naturally lead to very different types of discussions. I personally prefer the types of discussions that happen on here, which is why I have an account here and don't have a Twitter stan account :laugh:

4 hours ago, shelven said:

Not everything she releases needs to be super serious and perfectly crafted.

:cm:

someone needs to tell her this as well cause as much as I admire her tenacity and willingness to always put her best foot forward, sometimes it’s okay to just have a little fun and not stress yourself out so much.

1 hour ago, shelven said:

No shade to the Twitter fans (and I actually mean that this time :eli:) but I think they're just naturally more inclined to take the approach of not questioning her power/decisions and deferring to her because of the way Twitter works compared to a forum like ATRL. Firstly, there's a pretty decent risk she can actually see what people tweet about, whereas the chance of her seeing ATRL posts is basically 0. And then secondly, Twitter ONHs can feel a lot more present than her haters on here - as annoying as her haters here are, ATRL has rules that can get you warned/banned for stepping too far out of line and threads will get closed here if things start to get ugly. On Twitter, unless someone basically threatens to kill her, a tweet's probably not going to get removed and the person's probably not getting suspended :rip: So given how prevalent the hate can be there, I see why they're more inclined to double down on defending everything she does and being overly protective of her.

As much as I have genuine problems with the approach her Twitter fanbase often takes (plus it's fun to know that they watch us despite claiming we're irrelevant :fan:), I can also understand why those fans are different from us. ATRL and Twitter are very different platforms and naturally lead to very different types of discussions. I personally prefer the types of discussions that happen on here, which is why I have an account here and don't have a Twitter stan account :laugh:

Very understandable. Basic psychology. They’re used to defending her so they always will. I wont lie I love the energy.

2 minutes ago, PlayingWithFire said:

It could really go either way, but she'll have different vibes to choose from by the time the collab and her new single drops, so

K3BaeVd.gif

Y’all not helping my mixed feelings on this collab.

K3BaeVd.gif

Based on Calvin's snippet and Normani's leak I see Normani's song doing better. Calvin's song sounds like something that would've been released in 2015/2016, but it might do well in Europe.

40 minutes ago, PlayingWithFire said:

I cannot wait to just stream it in peace and bliss, and share like 5 songs on my story lol. All the tired conversations surrounding her will be outta sight, outta mind when it drops

K3BaeVd.gif

My ig followers better be ready because I will be sharing all the tracks 

K3BaeVd.gif

I was thinking Normani might drop her next single on the 13th and perform at the BBMA that Sunday but now with Kendrick dropping I think she might need to pick another day.

16 minutes ago, zeefer said:

I was thinking Normani might drop her next single on the 13th and perform at the BBMA that Sunday but now with Kendrick dropping I think she might need to pick another day.

Jack's dropping on the 6th and he's shaping up to have huge numbers too, so nothing she can really do if she wants to release before the BBMAs. Most of us have been saying all year that she was making a mistake by not releasing more while the industry was quiet. Now as predicted, the industry's heating up again and we're still waiting on her :michael:

But honestly, it doesn't really matter who she's competing with when she drops the next single. She said in a recent interview the song's not going to have a feature, so I already wasn't expecting a huge debut week regardless. And since this single is presumably going to be the one to bring in the album, its longevity matters way more than its first week numbers.

Yea, she’s not in position to keep changing dates just because of other artists releasing. She had plenty of time to release by herself, it was very obvious EVERYONE else was coming back this summer. They should’ve known. I’ll be kinda upset if she doesn’t use the BBMA opportunity (again) 

Now, on the David La Chapelle topic, he did Planet Her’s album artwork, so it’s a very big possibility he’s doing Normani’s too.

10 hours ago, zeefer said:

There would be no use in waiting just cause a big artist is going to release. Normani is not on Kendrick's level. :rip:

10 hours ago, zeefer said:

January - March was DRY. Nothing happening. Fair should have came in January and the uptempo should have dropped in March or April. 

2 hours ago, Jared said:

There would be no use in waiting just cause a big artist is going to release. Normani is not on Kendrick's level. :rip:

I don't think she should wait. She should push it up a week and drop it on the 6th. Her team sucks at promoting after a song release so having a decent opening week would be ideal. Jack won't  affect her numbers but Kendrick will because anything having to do with Normani will be drowned out and people will be saying that they didn't even know she had a new single

6 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

Yea, she’s not in position to keep changing dates just because of other artists releasing. She had plenty of time to release by herself, it was very obvious EVERYONE else was coming back this summer. They should’ve known. I’ll be kinda upset if she doesn’t use the BBMA opportunity (again) 

Now, on the David La Chapelle topic, he did Planet Her’s album artwork, so it’s a very big possibility he’s doing Normani’s too.

He did Dua and Lizzo’s last Rolling Stone covers so it could be for a mag cover or spread (+featured article too.)

nice to some discussion happening in here and not only in the Fair and Wild Side threads as if they're our base thread 

K3BaeVd.gif

I am very happy to see us keeping a discussion going in base thread :coffee:

Spoiler

Independent with a diamond in the bag

Maybe these are lyrics on the next one! An insider posted it 

She should drop her music whenever and aim for longevity. Bigger names dropping shouldn't deter her cause I doubt they're aiming for a straight shot to #1. 

I'm hoping for a music video teaser this week. 

The same insider that revealed those lyrics I posted above said a video hasn’t been shot for the song yet :biblio:  

PS: they revealed “Fair” song title before it came out

1 hour ago, popularmoonlight said:

The same insider that revealed those lyrics I posted above said a video hasn’t been shot for the song yet :biblio:  

PS: they revealed “Fair” song title before it came out

For fair? She needs to discard that completely it’s not going to do anything and was already DOA

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.