Normani

URBAN

Urban, Rhythmic and Pop Radio Summer 2022 is ours.

K3BaeVd.gif

Edited by Delusional

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

• AFullMoonlight

Didn’t someone give a very specific date in June before the reset? A June album makes sense

3 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

Didn’t someone give a very specific date in June before the reset? A June album makes sense

Yeah, June 17th was the date floating around before. Don't know what the original source is, but multiple people were claiming it was reliable.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, shelven said:

Yeah, June 17th was the date floating around before. Don't know what the original source is, but multiple people were claiming it was reliable.

BTS is releasing their album June 10th  

But if she gets that hit with Calvin Harris she might be able to hold a candle to the wind with them. I know a lot of army love normani but that could easily change if she starts competing 

Anyways, good to be back!

Nation ‘22 let’s go 

K3BaeVd.gif

10 minutes ago, brraap said:

BTS is releasing their album June 10th  

But if she gets that hit with Calvin Harris she might be able to hold a candle to the wind with them. I know a lot of army love normani but that could easily change if she starts competing 

Anyways, good to be back!

Nation ‘22 let’s go 

K3BaeVd.gif

I mentioned this to Twitter nation and told them we need to organize and they were tearing into me! I hate the “ppl only care about charts” narrative. Who wants to release a debut album after 3 years and not have it at least debut high?? They’re so dense sometimes

47 minutes ago, Getlikemike said:

I mentioned this to Twitter nation and told them we need to organize and they were tearing into me! I hate the “ppl only care about charts” narrative. Who wants to release a debut album after 3 years and not have it at least debut high?? They’re so dense sometimes

I’ve said this in the Fair thread before, but there’s a very sizeable part of her fanbase that seems to think music videos and radio pushes don’t cost any money or that RCA is altruistically funding her music without any expectation of commercial success. It’s… certainly something :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, shelven said:

I’ve said this in the Fair thread before, but there’s a very sizeable part of her fanbase that seems to think music videos and radio pushes don’t cost any money or that RCA is altruistically funding her music without any expectation of commercial success. It’s… certainly something :toofunny2:

Clock them :bunny:

7 hours ago, Getlikemike said:

A part of twitter nation is so weird :rip: 60% of them are like rude and dense. Normani needs to work hard to get a nice debut. I could see a #1 happening if they actually play the cards right. Do everything in their power. I’m sure lots of people will be checking for her album. 

9 hours ago, Devin said:

Must say I’m on the fence with the Calvin collab.

K3BaeVd.gif

Not you dismissing her dance pop era !!!

K3BaeVd.gif

It's gonna be a smash regardless. The festival scene is thirsty for new summer music now that pandemi is over and people can go back outside again

12 hours ago, Devin said:

K3BaeVd.gif

I’m not excited at all

K3BaeVd.gif

1 hour ago, popularmoonlight said:

I’m not excited at all

K3BaeVd.gif

K3BaeVd.gif

3 hours ago, brraap said:

Not you dismissing her dance pop era !!!

K3BaeVd.gif

It's gonna be a smash regardless. The festival scene is thirsty for new summer music now that pandemi is over and people can go back outside again

Idk I never cared for her dance pop material not even Motivation. 

K3BaeVd.gif

13 hours ago, Devin said:

K3BaeVd.gif

I just don’t think it’s going to be what everyone hopes it will be 

K3BaeVd.gif

2 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I just don’t think it’s going to be what everyone hopes it will be 

K3BaeVd.gif

Well in that case 

K3BaeVd.gif

Just rerelease Slow Down, a dance video and you're good to go Normani

K3BaeVd.gif

This debut album is gonna be interesting.

One way I love to see it be a blend of 90s R&B with Janet elements which she’s basically done with Wild Side and Fair. But then I feel like this album gonna be a mixture of vibes/sounds.

K3BaeVd.gif

1 hour ago, Devin said:

This debut album is gonna be interesting.

One way I love to see it be a blend of 90s R&B with Janet elements which she’s basically done with Wild Side and Fair. But then I feel like this album gonna be a mixture of vibes/sounds.

K3BaeVd.gif

I have this feeling the album will serve a lot of 90s/00s sound and vibe. Fear she's going that route with aesthetic too. 

K3BaeVd.gif

I wish a Bounce Back Normani demo would leak. I'd love to hear that with Motivation. 

K3BaeVd.gif

Btw, if rumours are true we are basically 2 exact months away from the album

K3BaeVd.gif

The snippet we got from the Calvin collab honestly sounds pretty dated, BUT if it’s a fun mindless summer bop then I’m here for it anyways :jamming: Not everything she releases needs to be super serious and perfectly crafted.

1 hour ago, popularmoonlight said:

Btw, if rumours are true we are basically 2 exact months away from the album

K3BaeVd.gif

:alexz: we have MADE IT

On 4/17/2022 at 12:27 PM, Getlikemike said:

We're definitely going to do what we can, but I think we also need to remember her actual engaged core fanbase is pretty small and there's only so much we can do on our own :toofunny2:

The real potential for a 'high debut' will lie in the hands of the general public and I fear that's going to be a toss up for several reasons :ace:  We'll do our part, but it's also best if we manage general expectations lol.

- - - - 

OT: I'm neutral about the Calvin 'collab'. It's probably not even her own single, it seems to be an album track for Calvin's upcoming project (whenever he decides he wants to release it). Seems to be a Summer bop; nothing more, nothing less. But we'll see.

I think realistically BTS releasing a week before Normani is a non-factor to us. We need to do our best to help buy, stream and promote and aim for a top 10 debut, not be worried about competing with BTS numbers. :deadbanana4:

I think the black/ R&B audience is going to really determine what kind of numbers Normani gets. We tend to be more into album than singles so that may help her. I go to an HBCU and Wild Side was and still is huge here but I don't know if that will make people listen to her album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.