Lana Del Rey

Living Legend

12 hours ago, Aristotle said:

I think the 2011 competition, especially with Adele is a bit too much  but for 2012 idea how many female albums have moved more units than BTD?

Only Red with ~17.5M units to BTD's ~13.5M units.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aethereal

• VeniceBeach

Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better to release BB early 2022 instead of squeezing 2 releases in 2021

How To Disappear is her best song. :nicole:

Edited by DoctorIce

1 hour ago, DuffStan said:

Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better to release BB early 2022 instead of squeezing 2 releases in 2021

Nah. Chem and Blue back to back felt like one era at least. Without Blue just months after Chem, we would've had a very dry year. I mean, she deleted her social media :rip:

Edited by Kevin Parker

She was the 7th most streamed woman on Spotify yesterday :laugh:

While everybody is increasing in streams, it's actually wild how great she's doing.

But I fear, this country album side project will kill of a lot of the recent, idk hype?

19 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

She was the 7th most streamed woman on Spotify yesterday :laugh:

While everybody is increasing in streams, it's actually wild how great she's doing.

But I fear, this country album side project will kill of a lot of the recent, idk hype?

I feel like the next release is an actual studio album though, since she's already talked about it in the W magazine interview. If it does come soon, I can see it getting a quiet digital EP release while Interscope focuses on the actual studio album release for the end of this year.

2 minutes ago, NOW said:

I feel like the next release is an actual studio album though, since she's already talked about it in the W magazine interview. If it does come soon, I can see it getting a quiet digital EP release while Interscope focuses on the actual studio album release for the end of this year.

I really have no clue what to expect from her honestly. Our sources of information have run dry and I am a little worried that the next album is not produced by Jack. I honestly don't like the production on BB at all aside from one song or two 

6 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

I really have no clue what to expect from her honestly. Our sources of information have run dry and I am a little worried that the next album is not produced by Jack. I honestly don't like the production on BB at all aside from one song or two 

Yeah, let's hope all this quiet means they're spending more time making sure the songs sound finished and they are planning an actual release strategy (unlikely but let's hope for the best). BB could've benefited from more time but I guess what she says goes since she was mostly right last decade :gaycat6:

--

I'm so glad they made this video public again — I enjoyed Video Games but she got me for life when this one dropped :jonny5:

Edited by NOW

1 minute ago, NOW said:

Yeah, let's hope all this quiet means they're spending more time making sure the songs sound finished and they are planning an actual release strategy (unlikely let's hope for the best). BB could've benefited from more time but I guess what she says goes since she was mostly right last decade :gaycat6:

I was really disappointed in Watercolor Eyes. Now THAT song sounded unfinished. :rip:

Tbh I don't want the album this year. She should spend her time with it instead of just dropping albums one after the other (and I'm saying this as someone who loved both COCC and Blue Balls) and most importantly make sure Jack is locked with her in the studio.

And I'm actually fine with her doing that cuntry project cause I think it might have a classic or two.

2 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

I was really disappointed in Watercolor Eyes. Now THAT song sounded unfinished. :rip:

I tried so hard to like it but after about a month, yeah...what happened there :chick3:

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

Tbh I don't want the album this year. She should spend her time with it instead of just dropping albums one after the other (and I'm saying this as someone who loved both COCC and Blue Balls) and most importantly make sure Jack is locked with her in the studio.

And I'm actually fine with her doing that cuntry project cause I think it might have a classic or two.

We still want this :jonny5:

10 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I would prefer a slow roll out or you know her posting snippets here and there and create something visually appealing. And I don't mean big budget videos, but more than her hanging out with the girls and starring into the wide open 

Edited by ontherocks

1 minute ago, NOW said:

I tried so hard to like it but after about a month, yeah...what happened there :chick3:

WE sounds more like the idea for an actual song that was never finished. Neither lyrically nor production-wise

6 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

WE sounds more like the idea for an actual song that was never finished. Neither lyrically nor production-wise

She can repurpose it for something else like she's always done but it has potential to be something really good/not Nikki Lane'd

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, NOW said:

She can repurpose it for something else like she's always done but it has potential to be something really good/not Nikki Lane'd

giphy.gif

BB and WE feel very LFL in the way how they are middle of the road material. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, threw something undercooked in the bunch and call it a day. 

30 minutes ago, NOW said:

We can only hope :jonnycat:

28 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

I would prefer a slow roll out or you know her posting snippets here and there and create something visually appealing. And I don't mean big budget videos, but more than her hanging out with the girls and starring into the wide open 

Agreed. She should throw us some crumbs on IG. I'd love a NFR type of rollout too. Give us the MAC and keep working on the album. 

1 minute ago, James_Dean said:

Wth is Orphan???

I think those are the songs that don't belong on any studio albums. Bulk of those numbers are probably Y&B, SS Remix and the rest are random remixes and collabs she's done with others.

6 minutes ago, NOW said:

I think those are the songs that don't belong on any studio albums. Bulk of those numbers are probably Y&B, SS Remix and the rest are random remixes and collabs she's done with others.

Derp. I should have known that :gaycat6:

I’ve been lurking for, honestly, a decade and finally got in during this registration period.

I’m happy to step in as another Lana stan on ATRL. It’s the taste!

For those who didn’t ask:

Off To The Races remains Lana’s best song.

Ultraviolence my favorite album, though NFR is objectively her best, followed by Chemtrails.

I met Lana and got a photo with her during her LA To The Moon Tour and I looked absolutely beastly, so you’ll just have to take my word for it. But she was sweet af.

:gaycat2:

Edited by CottageHore

:jonny5:

On 8/11/2022 at 10:09 PM, CottageHore said:

I’ve been lurking for, honestly, a decade and finally got in during this registration period.

I’m happy to step in as another Lana stan on ATRL. It’s the taste!

For those who didn’t ask:

Off To The Races remains Lana’s best song.

Ultraviolence my favorite album, though NFR is objectively her best, followed by Chemtrails.

I met Lana and got a photo with her during her LA To The Moon Tour and I looked absolutely beastly, so you’ll just have to take my word for it. But she was sweet af.

:gaycat2:

This is kind of true on some days. Also welcome to this base of taste!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.