• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aristotle

• VeniceBeach

The changed OP :toofunny3: it was actually good before :rip:

OT: imagine if Lana and Taylor become close and Taylor gets introduced to Nikki Lane and starts collabing w her on every album. The Swifties would lose their minds, literally no other stanbase understand the hell Lana puts us through daily :skull:

BB isn’t even 6 months old yet and I’m ready for the next album 

unless it’s another diary/mood album and then she can keep it 

Best to worst

NFR!

HM

UV

COCC

BB

LDR

Paradise

BTD

:fan:

HM

UV

BB

NFR!

COCC

Paradise

LDR

BTD

:cm:

Ultraviolence was always my favorite but I think Honeymoon has my heart as of lately. The mystique atmosphere that it creates is otherworldly yet so calming and peaceful. The production is genius. NFR remains her sonic masterpiece though. Her holy trinity is just too good.

UV would genuinely be my favorite (and one of my favorite albums ever) if certain choices weren't made after the godly 1st-6-tracks run

Do people forget LFL has Cherry, 13 Beaches and In My Feelings?

Just wanted to say I'm really glad Lana looks to be in a healthy space mentally. Some of her best work came from her dark experiences but it's good to see she's moved past that and has kind of mellowed out, just enjoying life with her family and friends.

18 minutes ago, NOW said:

Just wanted to say I'm really glad Lana looks to be in a healthy space mentally. Some of her best work came from her dark experiences but it's good to see she's moved past that and has kind of mellowed out, just enjoying life with her family and friends.

Yeah I'd love to see another interview with her, she definitely seems to be in a better space than in 2020-early 2021.

Don't drag me for this but I have a theory that some of her unhappiness of that time was linked to her weight gain, I wouldn't have thought so until I heard "Black Bathing Suit". I'm happy she doesn't seem to care as much right now though.

7 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Yeah I'd love to see another interview with her, she definitely seems to be in a better space than in 2020-early 2021.

Don't drag me for this but I have a theory that some of her unhappiness of that time was linked to her weight gain, I wouldn't have thought so until I heard "Black Bathing Suit". I'm happy she doesn't seem to care as much right now though.

I wouldn't be surprised as well or even if her struggles during lockdown led to it, as it has with almost everyone including myself. Blue Banisters makes so much more sense when you see what a good support group does for your mental well-being.

21 minutes ago, NOW said:

I wouldn't be surprised as well or even if her struggles during lockdown led to it, as it has with almost everyone including myself. Blue Banisters makes so much more sense when you see what a good support group does for your mental well-being.

The song Blue Banisters hits home so hard for me. At the time of it's release my brother and his GF were expecting their first baby, The first time I was going to be apart of a babies life from the beginning, also I was healing from a 4 year relationship that went reallllly bad due to some really bad situations and etc. Idk. Just felt like she was writing that song specifically for me... Ahh my legendary fave.

10 minutes ago, KingJay said:

The song Blue Banisters hits home so hard for me. At the time of it's release my brother and his GF were expecting their first baby, The first time I was going to be apart of a babies life from the beginning, also I was healing from a 4 year relationship that went reallllly bad due to some really bad situations and etc. Idk. Just felt like she was writing that song specifically for me... Ahh my legendary fave.

Wow, the album sounds like it fit your situation so similarly. I realize as time goes on, Lana's music isn't meant to connect to a wider audience like most pop songs...but for the people who do connect with it, they do so really intensely, as most of us in Base here know. It's just a bonus when her music blows up on Tiktok or is used in films/tv shows.

I get chills seeing this; not only did the album transcend the era of carefree dance music last decade, it basically shifted it and forced a different lane for her and the artists that came after her.

mama knew exactly what she was doing, making tracks 6 & 9 the only skips on Chemtrails :alexz:

I’ll never understand the hate for Breaking Up Slowly. It’s genuinely one of my favorite songs on Chemtrails. The instrumental feels like a smoky bar and the lyrics but so hard. 

Her photo dumps on Instagram have been a vibe lately. The Polaroid where her in the mask shot by Chuck really feel like something project related. 

16 minutes ago, xXavril said:

I’ll never understand the hate for Breaking Up Slowly. It’s genuinely one of my favorite songs on Chemtrails. The instrumental feels like a smoky bar and the lyrics but so hard. 

Her photo dumps on Instagram have been a vibe lately. The Polaroid where her in the mask shot by Chuck really feel like something project related. 

The song would be fine if it was sung solely by Lana. 

10 hours ago, xXavril said:

OMG. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that likes BUS. I actually really like it, & Just like you it's one of my fave songs on the album. I also love the lyrics. Definitely one of her best collabs.

10 hours ago, James_Dean said:

The song would be fine if it was sung solely by Lana. 

Mmm, I don't mind Nikki Lane. That's just me tho. I can see why some would dislike her part. But I like it, because for me her voice is a contrast to Lanas voice. The only song that I cannot and probably will never grow to like is "For Free" Idk why. I've given it so many chances & heard it so many times with an open mind & with the intentions to let it grow on me... But it just doesn't happen. It's so boring and by the middle of the song I can't wait for it to end. Sometimes I just hit skip instead. 

4 hours ago, VeniceBeach said:

:3rdplace:

Her having repeaks of her old music on Spotify when all she's doing is posting pictures in her backyard and promoting her poetry is quite powerful. Ahh my f*cking fave!

tumblr_px0cw3wMJU1r1brdqo2_540.gif

I think one of the reasons why I love BB so much, is because it has a very similar melancholy as UV. It's not really a sad album, but it feels like she wrote after getting out of a depressed phase.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.