Kylie Minogue

Cupid

6 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Madge stans either adore Kylie or hate her, there seems to be no middle ground.

I check them on Chartmetric, but I think there are other more popular websites too.

https://app.chartmetric.com/artist?id=835 

You need to create an account there to see stuff though. 

Thanks!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• Virgos Groove

• raven

• T.O.A.D.S.

Her best music video, the Body Language era was her beauty peak. The way she oozed sex appeal without even baring her cleavage, truly the goddess of pop :gayliecat1:

10 hours ago, ATWK said:

2 MANY TIIIIMEEEEESSS I WISH I NEVER CAREDDDD

BEEN TORN AND TWISTED, OH I SWEARRR

2 MANY NIIIIIIIIGHTSSS CRYING THAT IT'S NOT FAIR

IF I GET HURT AGAIN

I'D NEED A LIFETIME TO REPAIR

SentimentalUnevenAntelope-size_restricte

Lifetime to Repair should've been the second single from Golden over Stop Me From Falling.

HQ version of Some Kind of Bliss video posted on YouTube.

8 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

HQ version of Some Kind of Bliss video posted on YouTube.

Oddly this is the only song I hate from IP. It’s so basic compared to the other experimental stuff on the album. “Did it Again” is also basic. I’m just saying compared to all the insane production of the other songs, she clearly released the safest singles. Listen to everything else and it’s like a different world. “Too Far,” “Jump,” “Cowboy Style” and “Drunk” are insanely too good to be on the same album with those hokey pokey songs. 

“Drunk” sounds like a movie score to a 90s action sci-fi movie. 

4 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Oddly this is the only song I hate from IP. It’s so basic compared to the other experimental stuff on the album. “Did it Again” is also basic. I’m just saying compared to all the insane production of the other songs, she clearly released the safest singles. Listen to everything else and it’s like a different world. “Too Far,” “Jump,” “Cowboy Style” and “Drunk” are insanely too good to be on the same album with those hokey pokey songs. 

“Drunk” sounds like a movie score to a 90s action sci-fi movie. 

Steve Anderson wanted Jump to be the lead single of the album, while Kylie was leaning towards Limbo. Apparently at one point I Don't Need Anyone was also considered for the choice of the lead.

4 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Steve Anderson wanted Jump to be the lead single of the album, while Kylie was leaning towards Limbo. Apparently at one point I Don't Need Anyone was also considered for the choice of the lead.

ALL THREE ARE MASTERPIECES! I mean, that was her era to really not care about chart success, especially with Light Years waiting in the wings. Imagine videos for the songs we both mentioned. She could really have upped the ante on her videography (even with a low budget). I forgot about “Limbo” and how aggressively euphoric it is. Whew. 

And while “Dreams” is a pretty safe song, it’s gorgeously crafted and would have been a cute last single for the Impossible Princess to take her final bow. 

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan
Typo

The problem with SKOB is the chorus and the way it just goes on and on and on... :rip: (It also should've never been the lead single, but alas...)

But the verses are SUBLIME and the video is one of her best. :jonnycat:

768cb36609bfb2b1dedcba1afa05b68abce87cfa.gifv

Like, that's MOTHER :jonnycat::jonnycat:

Why am I afraid to listen to any Kylie album from the 80s? :rip: Can someone convince me they’re actually good? I’m just used to the pop perfection of her adult years. 

34 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Why am I afraid to listen to any Kylie album from the 80s? :rip: Can someone convince me they’re actually good? I’m just used to the pop perfection of her adult years. 

Just listen to the singles, Made in Heaven, Enjoy Yourself (track) and I'm Over Dreaming (Over You). :sistrens:

5 hours ago, EJQL8 said:

Just listen to the singles, Made in Heaven, Enjoy Yourself (track) and I'm Over Dreaming (Over You). :sistrens:

I think I’ve heard all the 80s singles that were on this compilation:

spacer.png

I’ve just never listened to an 80s Kylie album in full. I just have a bad feeling about the non-singles. :skull:

4 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I think I’ve heard all the 80s singles that were on this compilation:

spacer.png

I’ve just never listened to an 80s Kylie album in full. I just have a bad feeling about the non-singles. :skull:

İf you are into 80's cheesy teen pop, go listen Enjoy Yourself.

The Teenage Dream of its time :jonnycat:

13 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I'm gonna need Biff to leak the hard drive already. I need this in full.

We need her to re-release BL next year with a 2nd disc featuring all the B-sides and bonus tracks, some unreleased gems and Chocolate f/ Ludacris :gayliecat1:

8 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Her debut is a misunderstood masterpiece. It's quite repetitive in its sound and 80s cheesy, but damn the melodies are on point. Literally earworm after earworm. 

33 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

Her debut is a misunderstood masterpiece. It's quite repetitive in its sound and 80s cheesy, but damn the melodies are on point. Literally earworm after earworm. 

Facts. It's SAW's one-size-fits-all production that lets them down. I would love to see songs like Got to Be Certain and Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi remixed by somebody like SG Lewis or Purple Disco Machine because those melodies are undeniable.

Ok y’all convinced me. I’m going on a short road trip this weekend and it’s the perfect ride for 80s teen pop. 

yeah Kybible is the best of her 80s efforts, it sure as **** is cheesy as all hell but every song is a bop. Made In Heaven shouldve been on the album instead of Look My Way The rest of the early albums, if you play the singles you already heard the best songs with maybe 1 exception :fan:

Also if you dont wanna sit thru all 4 albums you can just stream Non Stop Herstory 50+1 and call it a day, and check out whatever track that catches your attention in full later. 

Also, I HIGHLY recommend watching post 2000 performances of PWL material, the remixes are all amazing and truly elevate every song :WAP:

Edited by PaloSanto

21 hours ago, The Next Day said:

20 hours ago, ATWK said:

Facts. It's SAW's one-size-fits-all production that lets them down. I would love to see songs like Got to Be Certain and Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi remixed by somebody like SG Lewis or Purple Disco Machine because those melodies are undeniable.

Right? So sugary and uplifting, in a perfect world Kylie would've done an album at some point with her own lyrics and SAW's melodies.

I just listened to Impossible Princess in full for the first time over the course of the past 2 days, and wow, what an album. I legitimately can not believe someone created an album like this and it became their lowest-selling album, when it is one of the most fascinating and thought-provoking albums I have ever heard. I have always believed Kylie is a great songwriter, but her pen was on fire on this album. Just look at the material:

'And I wonder wonder why
I'm no longer fooled by your disguise
I'm sorry that you are
I pity all the pretensions of you
And now I start anew
I wish my way
Through the years'

'To know the power of wealth and poverty
To taste every moment and try everything
To be hailed as a hero, branded a fool
Believe in the sacred and break every rule

To give in to pleasure with no boundaries
Living in chaos and harmony
To feel the touch of a man, a woman's caress
To know the limit of torture and tenderness

These are the dreams of an impossible princess
(Of an impossible princess)'

'Lured into this den, it's bitter
And I want sweetness again
A taste that I agree with
Get me past these perils and to my Eden
Where the silence is a comfort
Where there is no one else
Where I'll be up from under
Can uncurl my self
Too many, too much, too hard
Help me
This time I went too far'

'I'm suffocated with desire
I need to save me from myself
I ache for great experience
There's a riot in my senses

Time and space and hurt and tears are not enough
Love and light and faith and words are not enough

I'm not happy drunk til I'm drunken
Till you take all of me'

'I see them all smiling
Those all around me
Tend to my wounds and alert my senses
It would be nice
I'm not here
I'm dreaming
Holding on

Time has no meaning
All of it wasted
Smothers till there is no more air
When will it be that I can breathe again
I'm waiting in the void

lost in limbo'

:clap3:

On 9/19/2022 at 2:58 PM, ATWK said:

House Kylie is such a slay :jonnycat: The Do You Dare sample >>>

One of her best performances!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.