Kylie Minogue

Cupid

11 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

She looked so gorgeous in that video!

Yes yes yes! Was it inspired by a film? It reminds me of those old European films

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• Virgos Groove

• raven

• T.O.A.D.S.

4 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Yes yes yes! Was it inspired by a film? It reminds me of those old European films

It was inspired by Bridgitte Bardot's 1956 film And God Created Woman (predictable since Kylie loves that hag).

Queen Kylie Minogue you are mother to a lot of these ******* :jonnycat:

The greatness that is the title track on EY… a career highlight, I fear :jonnycat:

The way it foreshadowed the dance direction of Rhythm of Love, the wisdom of the lyrics, just all around excellence :clap3: 

For nothing comes to those who will not try

You may just as well have kissed

Your dreams goodbye

Don’t wait ‘till tomorrow

When you should be living today

Before too long it’s too late

Don’t throw the good times away

Edited by RT Air
  • Like 1

Imagine going out clubbing when this STOMPER came out :jonnycat: We need another 90s dance album from her (after the Slow-inspired masterpiece we're getting next year)
Edited by ATWK

On 8/29/2022 at 6:58 PM, raven said:

Queen Kylie Minogue you are mother to a lot of these ******* :jonnycat:

When this gets featured on some Netflix show and becomes RUTH 2.0, going #1 in America and the UK like it deserves... a delusion CONCEPT

zach-campbell-zachary-campbell.gif

The 25th anniversary pressing of Impossible Princess is available for pre-order. Orange or violet marble.

AUS:

https://store.warnermusic.com.au/artists/kylie-minogue/impossible-princess-limited-marble-colour-vinyl-embossed-art-print

EU: https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/kylie-minogue-impossible-princess/hnum/11039084 (don‘t know if this will include the print like the AUS-version, but i kinda doubt it)

On 9/1/2022 at 4:02 AM, ATWK said:
Imagine going out clubbing when this STOMPER came out :jonnycat: We need another 90s dance album from her (after the Slow-inspired masterpiece we're getting next year)

I really hope KM16 as a whole is like Body Language. It's not my favourite Kylie album, but I think it's one of her only post-IP albums to actually genuinely experiment with different styles and do so successfully. It just has that edge that is lacking in the overwhelming majority of mainstream pop albums.

On 9/1/2022 at 4:04 AM, ATWK said:

When this gets featured on some Netflix show and becomes RUTH 2.0, going #1 in America and the UK like it deserves... a delusion CONCEPT

zach-campbell-zachary-campbell.gif

Amen to that! 

I have been trying to manifest that for months now. Imagine watching the series finale of Stranger Things and the Abbey Roads version of Confide In Me starts playing as the final encounter with the villain takes place.

I listened to Disco (extended mixes) from start to finish for the first time today. I think the songs that benefitted the most from being extended are:

- Supernova

- Say Something

- Last Chance

- Dance Floor Darling

I'd say these are better than the album versions while everything else works better as a shorter song (especially Where Does the DJ Go?)

On 8/31/2022 at 11:35 AM, RT Air said:

The greatness that is the title track on EY… a career highlight, I fear :jonnycat:

The way it foreshadowed the dance direction of Rhythm of Love, the wisdom of the lyrics, just all around excellence :clap3: 

For nothing comes to those who will not try

You may just as well have kissed

Your dreams goodbye

Don’t wait ‘till tomorrow

When you should be living today

Before too long it’s too late

Don’t throw the good times away

Yyyaaaaaaas sis see the light :jonnycat:

EY is a pop masterpiece and much better as a whole than Debutlie :jonnycat:

NOW ENJOY IT :jonnycat:

5 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Listened to Rhythm of Love for the first time. Thoughts?

The singles run from that album is a BEAST and probably the best 1-2-3-4 punch of Kylie’s career. The album tracks are OK at best, though… some of them I’d even say are a bit juvenile and major steps back (Secrets, Always Find the Time or Count the Days). Out of her PWL albums, it’s probably the one I play the least in its entirety. :emofish:

On 8/29/2022 at 3:14 PM, T.O.A.D.S. said:
What kind of fool do you take me for
Don't wanna see your face no more
You can say you'll be true, I can trust in you
But I heard all that before

woman-dancing.gif

What kind of fool do you take me for
No one on earth could give you more
You would change white to black
If I took you back
But I heard all that before

woman-dancing.gif

One of her most underrated bops. Shame she absolutely hates it.

46 minutes ago, RT Air said:

The singles run from that album is a BEAST and probably the best 1-2-3-4 punch of Kylie’s career. The album tracks are OK at best, though… some of them I’d even say are a bit juvenile and major steps back (Secrets, Always Find the Time or Count the Days). Out of her PWL albums, it’s probably the one I play the least in its entirety. :emofish:

I agree the singles are all bops! The album tracks are okay. When I read Stephen Bray contributed to the album I was excited to hear how similar/different his stuff for Kylie was compared to his work with Madonna but Count the Days and Rhythm of Love sounded like regular PWL songs to me. My favourite album tracks was One Boy Girl and TCOGB. Secrets reminded me of her '80s songs (not a bad thing but I also read PWL were trying to move away from that '80s bubblegum sound)

Also - the album cover would have looked a lot better if they kept the desert background :smitten2:

a49fcfa82aee8f5f2d105f959174ef5c.jpg

Edited by T.O.A.D.S.

33 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

I agree the singles are all bops! The album tracks are okay. When I read Stephen Bray contributed to the album I was excited to hear how similar/different his stuff for Kylie was compared to his work with Madonna but Count the Days and Rhythm of Love sounded like regular PWL songs to me. My favourite album tracks was One Boy Girl and TCOGB. Secrets reminded me of her '80s songs (not a bad thing but I also read PWL were trying to move away from that '80s bubblegum sound)

Also - the album cover would have looked a lot better if they kept the desert background :smitten2:

Wait, I actually agree with everything you’ve just mentioned :clap3: The run-of-the-mill PWL tracks bother me for the exact reason that they allegedly tried to move away from that sound… TCOGB is a success in that regard tho and One Boy Girl is a MAJOR bop :jonny4: Also, unpopular opinion, but Shocked (album version) >>> DNA (Single) Mix

ROL could have been a 90's classic album if they had gone full throttle with the theme... 

4 MAJOR BOPS + Mild fluff formula reminds me of Fever tho :gaycat6:

7 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Listened to Rhythm of Love for the first time. Thoughts?

It has aged very well for a 1990 album, by far her best PWL album. Not as big of a fan of the singles as the others, but Step Back In Time is still great. Album cuts like Always Find The Time, Secrets etc. are some of her best from her early days.

I agree with people saying it follows the Fever formula of 4 bop singles + mostly fluff, but I think Fever's singles are far more inventive and its fluff more intriguing.

12 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

Always Chant The Hymn is Kilo’s best pre-1994 album track :redface:

Not when Look My Way exists :redface:

Let's Get To It lives up to its album cover... it's a great album!

The only bad song GMJALMT :rip: Overall it's a better collection of album tracks compared to ROL but ROL has higher highs (the four singles)

On 9/5/2022 at 1:50 AM, Mitsouko said:

Always Chant The Hymn is Kilo’s best pre-1994 album track :redface:

:cm:

1 hour ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Let's Get To It lives up to its album cover... it's a great album!

The only bad song GMJALMT :rip: Overall it's a better collection of album tracks compared to ROL but ROL has higher highs (the four singles)

Let's Give It A Grammy might be Kylie's best album cover, its only competition is God Years. Yas :jonnycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.