Kelly Clarkson

Phoenixstar

48 minutes ago, lyl94115 said:

Well she hasn't even mentioned this on her social yet. so I don't see this EP doing good commercially at all with no promo.

It was most likely meant to be a surprise and they’re just hoping HTE goes viral since MANY people asked for it. I think the song and the ep will do ok for her. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

Kelly did say she is releasing something that leads to something bigger I feel in one interview and this EP could be that..?? 

I don’t think the new album is coming this year.

The re-recordings of her own songs are also coming. And if Atlantic is smart it would include UTT, which means we’ll be getting the re-recording album around October.

Happier than ever sounds good I miss more rock Kelly.  

2 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

I don’t think the new album is coming this year.

The re-recordings of her own songs are also coming. And if Atlantic is smart it would include UTT, which means we’ll be getting the re-recording album around October.

what rerecordings and why? 

I've always wondered what it costs to license songs for a cover project like this. There are plenty of random acts on Spotify that do tons of cover songs, do they not actually have the rights to use the songs and are just doing it anyway until someone tells them to take it down? Or maybe it's different if you're an established act or are contracted with a music label/publisher?

6 minutes ago, stoopidjenna said:

I've always wondered what it costs to license songs for a cover project like this. There are plenty of random acts on Spotify that do tons of cover songs, do they not actually have the rights to use the songs and are just doing it anyway until someone tells them to take it down? Or maybe it's different if you're an established act or are contracted with a music label/publisher?

Probably different if you’re an established artist since you have more eyes and ears on you. Kind of like how Jason and Kelly were doing the “KC Live” thing in 2016, on a website giving out free downloads of live cover songs and then they just mysteriously stopped doing that and they went away quickly. Most people seem to think it had to do with legal stuff. 

I cannot wait for this, but I hope the only 6 songs thing does not turn off people who are expecting a full album.

Edited by Ab1818

10 minutes ago, stoopidjenna said:

I wonder the same! This guy has 228 million streams of Kelly’s Already Gone (far more than her original) and her name is not even on the writer. She’s losing a lot of money for someone taking credit for her work. That person doesn’t list anyone on the songs. Not sure how there legal 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5zCunX8URvLoBHlg1Fnjv6?si=n6FMlhJuSMWi--FCrvvqJQ

Edited by RealityBites

I don't know if it necessarily costs a lot of money to release a cover, but I know you essentially forfeit all the publishing royalties associated with it to the original artist. That's even the case with sampling. I read somewhere that Ariana had to hand over like 90% of the publishing credit for 7 Rings to Julie Andrews. 

Dolly talks a bit about the I Will Always Love You cover situation here

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

Do we think they’ll post about it tonight? Or until tomorrow sometime? Kind of feels like maybe tomorrow or even Thursday..

1 hour ago, Ab1818 said:

Do we think they’ll post about it tonight? Or until tomorrow sometime? Kind of feels like maybe tomorrow or even Thursday..

I’m confused why the song hasn’t actually been announced yet 

44 minutes ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

I’m confused why the song hasn’t actually been announced yet 

Meant to be a surprise I guess, but now there’s an hour left for it to officially come out here and still nothing. Maybe they don’t want to be insensitive and post about it tonight…which is of course, completely ok.

Kelly’s lower register really got so much better over the years.  She sounds so good on happier than ever on those initial verses.  

1 hour ago, Ab1818 said:

Meant to be a surprise I guess, but now there’s an hour left for it to officially come out here and still nothing. Maybe they don’t want to be insensitive and post about it tonight…which is of course, completely ok.

Honestly this may be it - I can completely seeing Kelly saying don't post about/promote myself when a horrific act of violence just occurred. 

---

that being said the cover is amazing and she really is the best vocalist of amongst her peers.

Just now, wren said:

Honestly this may be it - I can completely seeing Kelly saying don't post about/promote myself when a horrific act of violence just occurred. 

---

that being said the cover is amazing and she really is the best vocalist of amongst her peers.

The press letter says Kelly announced it early Wednesday morning. So sounds like they will announce it tomorrow 

Miss Independent (2012 Live) on Spotify WHEN

1 hour ago, jpsketch said:

what a bizarre rollout.... or lack of rollout.

Articles said it was supposed to be announced today in the morning, but the official announcement was probably moved to later because of what happened at the school in Texas yesterday… it would seem insensitive to post about it just like that, I think.

We’ll see if we get anything later. Or if they just wait until tomorrow or Friday. 

Edited by Ab1818

• ATRL Moderator

I don't think there's going to be much of a rollout. This is probably just a cute lil thing for her fans to enjoy until she does something else or something. Kelly is literally said she isn't doing anything this summer intentionally to be with her kids. So expecting much of a rollout or promo for this is setting yourself up for disappointment. A 6-track cover EP isn't also something that has much potential to attain much commercial success. Let's just be grateful for the music. 

20 hours ago, kellebrity98 said:

what rerecordings and why? 

It was discussed a few pages ago.

10 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I don't think there's going to be much of a rollout. This is probably just a cute lil thing for her fans to enjoy until she does something else or something. Kelly is literally said she isn't doing anything this summer intentionally to be with her kids. So expecting much of a rollout or promo for this is setting yourself up for disappointment. A 6-track cover EP isn't also something that has much potential to attain much commercial success. Let's just be grateful for the music. 

Exactly. This is just a “here is sth until I drop my album don’t bother me in the meantime “.

Happier Than Ever is :flame:

Also, not shocked about the lack of any push so far. Figured this would be something they just threw out there as a gift for fans.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.