Kesha

TomTom

27 minutes ago, CroNich said:

It’s definitely coming, like is said just before I think they’re waiting for Pinks album to be released (mid Feb) before gearing up for K5. That’s always been the RCA way…

That makes a lot of sense. I'm hopeful for a feb/march single + album announcement :jonny5:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• Vixen Eyes

• SmittenCake

• CroNich

39 minutes ago, Child of the Moon said:

That makes a lot of sense. I'm hopeful for a feb/march single + album announcement :jonny5:

where is your avi from btw :jonny6:

16 minutes ago, CroNich said:

where is your avi from btw :jonny6:

It's from the conjuring kesha photoshoot :jonny6:

Kesha Legion on Twitter: "#ConjuringKesha 🌒 https://t.co/7gLAbaNKxt" /  Twitter

1 minute ago, Child of the Moon said:

It's from the conjuring kesha photoshoot :jonny6:

Kesha Legion on Twitter: "#ConjuringKesha 🌒 https://t.co/7gLAbaNKxt" /  Twitter

:WAP: this would slay so hard as an album cover ngl 

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

It’s definitely coming, like is said just before I think they’re waiting for Pinks album to be released (mid Feb) before gearing up for K5. That’s always been the RCA way…

Btw just looked and the time between P!nk teasing the first snippet of her lead single and official release was 18 days, we're on day 9 after the Only Love snippet now...fingers crossed for an early February release :cupid:.

Also P!nk's lead single got released on a Friday, maybe the days of Thursday releases at RCA are finally over? :soda:

3 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Btw just looked and the time between P!nk teasing the first snippet of her lead single and official release was 18 days, we're on day 9 after the Only Love snippet now...fingers crossed for an early February release :cupid:.

Also P!nk's lead single got released on a Friday, maybe the days of Thursday releases at RCA are finally over? :soda:

This is the message I received from blackoutzone on the 18th of Jan: 

"Sorry I cannot disclose anything information privately. It’s not far away."

Doesn't really tell us much but I'm hoping for an announcement early Feb... maybe next week even? :duca: Although I've learnt to not get my hopes up with Kesha 

Also in anticipation of K5, I made a little fan-made concept album, based on that promo image from Conjuring Kesha. Enjoy!!

Kesha - Barbarella 

March 28, 2023

ze_50.png

Executive Producer: Rick Ruben/Kesha Serbet

Additional Producers: Stint, Greg Kurstin, Paul Epworth, Ricky Reed, Ryan Lewis, Max Martin, Tove Lo 

1. Alien Invasion (Intro) 1:25

2. Barbarella 3:19 

3. Grit (Ft. Tove Lo) 2:48

4. Hide'n'Seek 3:07

5. Tongue Tied 2:30

6. Girls 2:23

7. Only Love 4:03

8. Kids (Interlude) 0:48

9. Satan is Waiting (Ft. Dolly Parton) 3:12

10. Dr. Evil 2:03

11. Not Enough 3:48

12. Moon Walker 3:19

13. Screw 3:34

14. The Great Beyond 4:23

Kesha is back with her fifth studio album 'Barbarella', a playful and versatile exploration of the deepest, darkest and funnest parts of Kesha's brain and life over the past few years. Lending a hand from the renowned Rick Rubin, Kesha explores the themes of alien life, isolation, love, lust and lost, as well as not shying away from expressing the pain and frustration around her ongoing legal woes with former manager Dr. Luke (as subtle as she can, at least). The album is a fun, cheeky and bold expression of the artists desire to belong, whether that be on earth or not. The album, considered a follow up to her chart-topping LP 'Rainbow', once again explores her rock/country routes, while still infusing a prominent pop sound/focus. 

The album opens up with Alien Invasion, a short, distorted revisit of an unreleased track 'Aliens Invading' that surfaced very early in her career. The intro directly leads into the title track Barbarella, a Max Martin produced pop track infused with disco elements and synths that somehow transport you to the middle of the galaxy. From here, Kesha lends a hand from Swedish singer/song-writer Tove Lo, on an 80s inspired pop track Grit with a lot of attitude and heavy, hard-hitting lyrics. Hide'n'Seek is our first taste of the pop/rock/grunge sound we saw throughout Rainbow while still containing the spacey synth elements seen in the opening tracks, while the lyrics paint a picture of the artist unhinged trying to chase her love interest down. Tongue Tied slightly changes the pace of the album, as a simple, understated track with minimal production, Kesha sings about her anxieties around being in the public eye/public speaking. The album picks up the pace with the track Girls, which could be described as being similar to her song Boots musically. The track is about the artist's exploration of her own sexuality and the power of feminine sexuality and attraction.From here, the album leads into the album's lead single Only Love, a powerful and anthematic song featuring gospel-esque vocal layering a huge final chorus that crescendos the song into pure but addictive chaos.

Kids, a short interlude about how the kids are not alright serves as the beginning of what could be described as Act II of the album, which more heavily explores Kesha's country/folk routes, while still retaining the tongue and cheek attitude and lyrics Kesha fans know and love. This is particularly evident on the track Satan is Waiting, in which country sensation Dolly Parton lends her vocals for. Dr. Evil pulls the pace of the album back a few notches, with Kesha singing solely over a Ukulele. However, while the song plays as a tribute to her ongoing and traumatic legal issues with aforementioned producer, the singer still manages to keep the lyrical content light and cheesy, comparing Dr. Luke to the ridiculousness of the Austin Powers character Dr. Evil. Not Enough can be described as the true country ballad of the album, with Kesha singing about heartbreak and not feeling good enough to belong to someone. The album again picks up with the track Moon Walker, a simple but catchy track that cleverly infuses the pop/synth sound found on the first half of the album with a folky twist. Screw serves as the last attempt at what she describes as her cock-pop sound, another grungy pop banger infused with country/rock elements, this time with the artist not holding back on the anger and pain she's felt over the course of career. Finally, the album closes with The Great Beyond, a track that starts out with minimal production, which slowly builds and builds into an anthematic rock-infused climax and outro, and could be described as bearing similarities to Billie Eilish's 'Happier Than Ever'.

Singles:

Only Love - February 10, 2023

Grit (Ft. Tove Lo) - March 10, 2023

Barbarella [Single Edit] - April 12, 2023

Not Enough - July 13, 2023

Edited by CroNich

3 minutes ago, CroNich said:

:hoetenks:

5 minutes ago, CroNich said:

The album, considered a follow up to her chart-topping LP 'Rainbow',

I see what you did there :cupid:

3 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

:hoetenks:

I see what you did there :cupid:

:chick1:

Guys, Kesha's appeals at New York's highest court are still not scheduled for oral argument which means we may be heading for another adjournment of the jury trial. Remember, the jury trial can not begin until Kesha's appeals at New York's highest court aren't resolved.

Her appeals are not on the March calendar for this year and the "term" at New York's highest court always ends in May. That means, if her appeals do not get scheduled for oral argument either in April or May this year, we have to wait at least until September when the summer recess ends. That would mean the July jury trial would have to be adjourned for a third time.

Even if they do get scheduled for April or May, Luke's lawyers previously wrote they would need multiple months to assess the impact of the decision by New York's highest court on the trial, so it's possible they would insist on an adjournment of the trial even in that case. Kesha's lawyers also previously wrote they wanted to convince New York's highest court to schedule oral argument on her appeals until March at the latest to keep the July trial date alive which has not worked out.

Kesha's first appeal from 2021 has now been waiting to be calendared for oral argument for 16 months (the average waiting time is 10 months). It's the last remaining 2021 appeal still waiting to be scheduled for oral argument and the court keeps dodging it like a bullet over and over again every month.

A status letter for both sides is due on February 8th in preparation of the third pre-trial conference in March which may reveal more details about this mysterious situation and what's next.

Fingers crossed for a February single release! I kind of feel like what we get next won’t act as a song promoted to radio and what not but more as a palette cleanser/promo single/water tester for the era.

10 hours ago, CroNich said:

Also in anticipation of K5, I made a little fan-made concept album, based on that promo image from Conjuring Kesha. Enjoy!!

Kesha - Barbarella 

March 28, 2023

ze_50.png

Executive Producer: Rick Ruben/Kesha Serbet

Additional Producers: Stint, Greg Kurstin, Paul Epworth, Ricky Reed, Ryan Lewis, Max Martin, Tove Lo 

1. Alien Invasion (Intro) 1:25

2. Barbarella 3:19 

3. Grit (Ft. Tove Lo) 2:48

4. Hide'n'Seek 3:07

5. Tongue Tied 2:30

6. Girls 2:23

7. Only Love 4:03

8. Kids (Interlude) 0:48

9. Satan is Waiting (Ft. Dolly Parton) 3:12

11. Not Enough 3:48

12. Moon Walker 3:19

13. Screw 3:34

14. The Great Beyond 4:23

Kesha is back with her fifth studio album 'Barbarella', a playful and versatile exploration of the deepest, darkest and funnest parts of Kesha's brain and life over the past few years. Lending a hand from the renowned Rick Rubin, Kesha explores the themes of alien life, isolation, love, lust and lost, as well as not shying away from expressing the pain and frustration around her ongoing legal woes with former manager Dr. Luke (as subtle as she can, at least). The album is a fun, cheeky and bold expression of the artists desire to belong, whether that be on earth or not. The album, considered a follow up to her chart-topping LP 'Rainbow', once again explores her rock/country routes, while still infusing a prominent pop sound/focus. 

The album opens up with Alien Invasion, a short, distorted revisit of an unreleased track 'Aliens Invading' that surfaced very early in her career. The intro directly leads into the title track Barbarella, a Max Martin produced pop track infused with disco elements and synths that somehow transport you to the middle of the galaxy. From here, Kesha lends a hand from Swedish singer/song-writer Tove Lo, on an 80s inspired pop track Grit with a lot of attitude and heavy, hard-hitting lyrics. Hide'n'Seek is our first taste of the pop/rock/grunge sound we saw throughout Rainbow while still containing the spacey synth elements seen in the opening tracks, while the lyrics paint a picture of the artist unhinged trying to chase her love interest down. Tongue Tied slightly changes the pace of the album, as a simple, understated track with minimal production, Kesha sings about her anxieties around being in the public eye/public speaking. The album picks up the pace with the track Girls, which could be described as being similar to her song Boots musically. The track is about the artist's exploration of her own sexuality and the power of feminine sexuality and attraction.From here, the album leads into the album's lead single Only Love, a powerful and anthematic song featuring gospel-esque vocal layering a huge final chorus that crescendos the song into pure but addictive chaos.

Kids, a short interlude about how the kids are not alright serves as the beginning of what could be described as Act II of the album, which more heavily explores Kesha's country/folk routes, while still retaining the tongue and cheek attitude and lyrics Kesha fans know and love. This is particularly evident on the track Satan is Waiting, in which country sensation Dolly Parton lends her vocals for. Dr. Evil pulls the pace of the album back a few notches, with Kesha singing solely over a Ukulele. However, while the song plays as a tribute to her ongoing and traumatic legal issues with aforementioned producer, the singer still manages to keep the lyrical content light and cheesy, comparing Dr. Luke to the ridiculousness of the Austin Powers character Dr. Evil. Not Enough can be described as the true country ballad of the album, with Kesha singing about heartbreak and not feeling good enough to belong to someone. The album again picks up with the track Moon Walker, a simple but catchy track that cleverly infuses the pop/synth sound found on the first half of the album with a folky twist. Screw serves as the last attempt at what she describes as her cock-pop sound, another grungy pop banger infused with country/rock elements, this time with the artist not holding back on the anger and pain she's felt over the course of career. Finally, the album closes with The Great Beyond, a track that starts out with minimal production, which slowly builds and builds into an anthematic rock-infused climax and outro, and could be described as bearing similarities to Billie Eilish's 'Happier Than Ever'.

Singles:

Only Love - February 10, 2023

Grit (Ft. Tove Lo) - March 10, 2023

Barbarella [Single Edit] - April 12, 2023

Not Enough - July 13, 2023

Oh you ate this :clap3: I love it!!!

12 minutes ago, Child of the Moon said:

Oh you ate this :clap3: I love it!!!

Thank you angel, my Ritalin kicked in and didn’t want to do actual work so here we are :rip:

7 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Kesha's first appeal from 2021 has now been waiting to be calendared for oral argument for 16 months (the average waiting time is 10 months). It's the last remaining 2021 appeal still waiting to be scheduled for oral argument and the court keeps dodging it like a bullet over and over again every month.

This is crazy to me :deadbanana:

6 hours ago, collin said:

Fingers crossed for a February single release! I kind of feel like what we get next won’t act as a song promoted to radio and what not but more as a palette cleanser/promo single/water tester for the era.

I feel that too! And it makes a lot of sense to me bc in a lot of ways I believe this album should act like a re-introduction to her artistry and should showcase to the GP where she is creatively which is hopefully in a much different place than she was in the High Road era, even if it doesn't translate commercially. A second single (properly pushed) coming soon after feels plausible, though

But also, the commercial aspect of it all feels pretty irrelevant to me at this point :deadbanana: like if she does manage to get a hit from the album it will probably be bc of sheer luck/sudden tiktok virality but tbh I don't think numbers and chart success are in the cards for her anymore and that's fine. Acclaim tastes a lot better anyway :heart2: my main hope (besides the music being good, obviously) is that she manages to surpass Rainbow in that aspect and cements herself as a critical darling for good

4 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Thank you angel, my Ritalin kicked in and didn’t want to do actual work so here we are :rip:

Slay. I love album concepts so much, and most of the ones I've seen for K5 are pretty corny :rip: A lot of 'ALIEN' concepts and several chromatica ripoffs lmao. Yours feels different and a bit more realistic! The retro vibe is perfect for her.

I used to love this one from 2021 too :allears: (omfg just realized we've been clowning over this album for so long)

7 minutes ago, Child of the Moon said:

This is crazy to me :deadbanana:

I feel that too! And it makes a lot of sense to me bc in a lot of ways I believe this album should act like a re-introduction to her artistry and should showcase to the GP where she is creatively which is hopefully in a much different place than she was in the High Road era, even if it doesn't translate commercially. A second single (properly pushed) coming soon after feels plausible, though

But also, the commercial aspect of it all feels pretty irrelevant to me at this point :deadbanana: like if she does manage to get a hit from the album it will probably be bc of sheer luck/sudden tiktok virality but tbh I don't think numbers and chart success are in the cards for her anymore and that's fine. Acclaim tastes a lot better anyway :heart2: my main hope (besides the music being good, obviously) is that she manages to surpass Rainbow in that aspect and cements herself as a critical darling for good

My only thing is, is that her and her team have always run through each era with the same formula, being; waiting to finish the album before releasing anything, and releasing only one lead before the album drops (of course Rainbow and High Road had promo singles), and it seems as if (so far) they may be sticking to that formula, since insider comments make it seem like the tracklist has been finalised/the album is complete. 

In terms of success, im not really one to care about the charts. I mean look at what’s been charting in the top 10 over the last few years. It’s definitely not a representation of quality or artistry. On the other hand, out of everyone Kesha deserves her flowers the most. She is so criminally underrated and under appreciated, she deserves another hit or two, a number one album and a few Grammys to go along with it. After seeing Miley debut at #1 it makes me feel like anything is possible but yeah I’m not holding out hope for a commercially successful era. All that really matters to me is that she is happy, safe and making the music she wants to. I just wish she got a bit more credit for it from the GP, but alas as you said I’ll take quality and acclaim over commercial success.

17 minutes ago, CroNich said:

In terms of success, im not really one to care about the charts. I mean look at what’s been charting in the top 10 over the last few years. It’s definitely not a representation of quality or artistry. On the other hand, out of everyone Kesha deserves her flowers the most. She is so criminally underrated and under appreciated, she deserves another hit or two, a number one album and a few Grammys to go along with it. After seeing Miley debut at #1 it makes me feel like anything is possible but yeah I’m not holding out hope for a commercially successful era. All that really matters to me is that she is happy, safe and making the music she wants to. I just wish she got a bit more credit for it from the GP, but alas as you said I’ll take quality and acclaim over commercial success.

I feel the exact same! Even if K doesn't achieve anything near a Flowers moment, I do wish she would at least have her renaissance/recognition moment like Miley had during the plastic hearts era, when the GP started praising her rock sensibilities/vocals and ate her covers of classic songs up. Kesha is long overdue for that. Praying provided a first taste of it but then it flatlined soon after, sadly.

On 1/26/2023 at 9:03 AM, TomTom2288 said:

This! I know it's tempting, but I feel like it's counterproductive to engage in these kind of conspiracy theories at this stage. Pretty sure that if Luke was genuinely trying to stall things, there wouldn't have been this level of repeated teasing and we would have seen some kind of allusions to it in some form.

Besides, I think he would shoot himself in the foot by giving his opponents such ammunition with a forced album delay months before a jury trial where he wants to tell the whole world that he always had a great working relationship with Kesha until she decided to destroy his life.

OT: Kesha's longtime-management company Vector Management merged with a Canadian management company and appointed a new CEO as successor to Jack Rovner who is also Kesha's manager :cupid:

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/jason-murray-named-president-of-vector-management-as-firm-merges-with-black-box-music/

OT II: Billboard knows what's up!

szHJ974.png 

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/miley-cyrus-flowers-number-one-five-burning-questions-1235205271/

I wasn’t conspiring about it, just had a genuine question about if people suspected he’s doing it behind the scenes. He still has some power over her contractually, so it’s not like it’s a Britney Spears type of conspiracy like I have been busy and unable to follow the court case so I was asking fellow Kesha fans not posting a page about it in Celebria or Base :rip:

Edited by samuel656

On 1/26/2023 at 2:22 AM, CroNich said:

I believe the tracklist has been finalised, meaning if he had to sign off on it he has already done so. Pink is RCA’s other major female artist, so I imagine they are waiting for  her album to drop before shifting to focus on Kesha. BlackoutZone confirmed to me in a PM that it’s coming very soon but they couldn’t say anything else, as opposed to when I asked earlier last year and they had no idea about it.

Yeah I forgot RCA kinda throws Miley, p!nk and Kesha into the same release cycle often

24 minutes ago, samuel656 said:

I wasn’t conspiring about it, just had a genuine question about if people suspected he’s doing it behind the scenes. He still has some power over her contractually, so it’s not like it’s a Britney Spears type of conspiracy like I have been busy and unable to follow the court case so I was asking fellow Kesha fans not posting a page about it in Celebria or Base :rip:

I wasn‘t shading you, don’t worry. It‘s fine. 

15 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

I wasn‘t shading you, don’t worry. It‘s fine. 

Okay hope I didn’t seem to defensive, after seeing all these crazy Britney conspiracies about like cloning and dead stuff, didn’t wanna be associated with conspiracy theorists :dancehall:

also was two drinks in my night out so :gaygacat6:

Just now, samuel656 said:

Okay hope I didn’t seem to defensive, after seeing all these crazy Britney conspiracies about like cloning and dead stuff, didn’t wanna be associated with conspiracy theorists :dancehall:

Oh no, absolutely not. I just meant that Dr. Luke is of course often a very convenient possible explanation for why something is or is not happening, but that it does not necessarily make sense in every case if you look closer (even though it’s very tempting, like I said).

I only said “conspiracy theories“ because sometimes you see people on Twitter who are convinced Dr. Luke is the reason for every minor inconvenience with Kesha, but I wasn’t referring to you specifically.

lemme have a hand at coming up with a K5 concept :bird:

1. A Thousand Stars
  2. Black Wings
  3. Window in the Moonlight
  4. Devil's Night (Out in the Dark)
  5. Evil Eyes
  6. Blood in the Sand
  7. Beautiful Scar
  8. Something Beautiful Left Behind
  9. Holding on to Nothing
  10. Only Love Can Save Us Now
  11. Free Angel
  12. Birds of Paradise
  13. The Bridge (to the Next Life)
  14. Child of the Moon
  15. Slide
  16. Happiness
  17. Hate Me Harder

deluxe edition bonus tracks; 11-13

special edition bonus tracks; 14-17

i had a story typed out and everything but i accidentally clicked on a bookmark and the stupid website didnt save any of that :dancehall2:

On 1/24/2023 at 10:17 PM, collin said:

Hi Vin!

Ive also fallen behind. :rip: Can someone make a list of everything we’ve gotten since High Road 

What's up, OG Animal @collin!

You and @CroNich are still being iconic, I see.

meNyfqr.gif

On 1/24/2023 at 11:58 PM, TomTom2288 said:

You're welcome!

h8xVkIM.png

8irrVuP.png

OPaUpV4.jpg

Thank you so much for this legendary post, Thomas! I will definitely get started checking these out.

QgJw7eD.gif

...Vin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.