Janet Jackson

Bitchcraft

3 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

All For You finally crossing 100M combined streams on Spotify for tomorrow's update. :gaynetcat3:

Streaming Legend :gaynetcat4:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

6 hours ago, robbyds said:

Streaming Legend :gaynetcat4:

Streamita Jo :gaynetcat4:

Got 'Til It's Gone is next. :gaynetcat2:

Today the late Dorothy Dandridge would have been 100 years old and everybody knows Janet Jackson heavily idolizes Dorothy's career here's Janet Jackson narrating a little bit of Dorothy's career!

All For You has officially reached 100M combined streams today!  :gaynetcat3:

Album Version: 76,094,794
Single/Video Version: 23,484,972
6 Minute LP Vinyl Album Version: 459,999

Total Combined Streams: 100,039,765

Congratulations to Smash For You!

Hearing two Janet songs in the Savage X Fenty Show! :clap3:

Would You Mind :gaynetcat3:

Throb :gaynetcat4:

6 hours ago, TheGreatestX said:

Call On Me continues to grow on Youtube every day and gets just as many views as Together Again.

October 7 2022 + 14,130 views *new high*
October 26 2022 + 21,843 views *new high*
November 6 2022 + 23,332 views *new high*
November 11 2022 + 25,290 views *new high*
November 13 2022 + 28,601 views *new high*

Brazil and South Korea are coming through! :jonny5:

Would be nice if Together Again, AFY, That's The Way Love Goes, Call On Me etc could all get +30K daily. We need a Janet renaissance to happen already.

I was just thinking when her team FINALLY uploads Allah Nite (Don't Stop) it could get a lot of attention like Make Me. And then maybe she'll actually get a viral hit...?  :jonny5:

Her team finally listening to the fans and doing something :jonny: Here are the singles that were updated:

Hopefully they update her albums next

On 11/14/2022 at 6:27 PM, PopThatCorn said:

October 7 2022 + 14,130 views *new high*
October 26 2022 + 21,843 views *new high*
November 6 2022 + 23,332 views *new high*
November 11 2022 + 25,290 views *new high*
November 13 2022 + 28,601 views *new high*

Brazil and South Korea are coming through! :jonny5:

Would be nice if Together Again, AFY, That's The Way Love Goes, Call On Me etc could all get +30K daily. We need a Janet renaissance to happen already.

I was just thinking when her team FINALLY uploads Allah Nite (Don't Stop) it could get a lot of attention like Make Me. And then maybe she'll actually get a viral hit...?  :jonny5:

:clap3: 

Hopefully Janet and team can finally book a stage in two of the world's largest consumers of music! Brazil and South Korea always support the international gworls. 

19 hours ago, allforyou said:

Her team finally listening to the fans and doing something :jonny: Here are the singles that were updated:

Hopefully they update her albums next

You're asking too much. Her team already did their one act of promo for the year

7 minutes ago, Love4Janet said:

You're asking too much. Her team already did their one act of promo for the year

:bibliahh: Uploading a couple of youtube videos + paying for some plaques is definitely worth years of work for her team so I guess I'm asking too much, I just wanna see the Rhythm Nation album get certified Diamond though

Let's revisit these incredible performances. I love how, in both, she holds the pose at the very end and doesn't break character.

Who bodies a performance in this way today at age 20?

1987 Grammys:

1987 AMA's:

Edited by DammnBaby

36 minutes ago, DammnBaby said:

Let's revisit these incredible performances. I love how, in both, she holds the pose at the very end and doesn't break character.

Who bodies a performance in this way today at age 20?

1987 Grammys:

1987 AMA's:

The Control perf always gets me, I need it remastered :jonny:

On 11/17/2022 at 4:36 AM, Love4Janet said:

:ahh:

On 11/17/2022 at 4:45 AM, allforyou said:

:bibliahh: Uploading a couple of youtube videos + paying for some plaques is definitely worth years of work for her team so I guess I'm asking too much, I just wanna see the Rhythm Nation album get certified Diamond though

Are there receipts of Rhythm Nation (and janet.) being eligible for Diamond?

I know it's undercertified at 6xs platinum. It's done nearly 1.4 million since Soundscan began and over 1.1 million in music club sales. Wonder how many streams it's received in the US. 

11 minutes ago, kishi said:

:ahh:

Are there receipts of Rhythm Nation (and janet.) being eligible for Diamond?

I know it's undercertified at 6xs platinum. It's done nearly 1.4 million since Soundscan began and over 1.1 million in music club sales. Wonder how many streams it's received in the US. 

I don't think janet. is eligible for diamond but I think Rhythm Nation might be at least 9x platinum:

Pure: ~8,500,000.

Digital/Physical Singles: ~520,000.

Streaming: ~150,000.

Total: 9,170,000.

Maybe shipments will make up for the remaining units?

9 hours ago, Speaker Phone said:

She was absolutely a victim of misogyny and racism but it wasn't impossible for her to recover from it. I wish she would've focused on Europe after being blacklisted in the US and rebuilt her momentum there. Damita Jo had several songs that could've been hits but she just gave up. There was enough goodwill and public interest for her to stage a Confessions or Emancipation-style comeback (she was booking tons of magazine covers and TV shows and "Call On Me" had a lot of buzz).

Sigh... she still had an amazing run though and she's looked INCREDIBLE this year.

We see it that way, but I don't think it's that simple.

The court case with Michael was tough on the entire family at the time. She wasn't on good terms with her record label during 20 Y.O.

She did need some time out of the spotlight. I think if she kept Roger Davies as management, they could have found a way. But the time to start that would have been 2002 or 2003. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s apparently a tour called Together Again with Ludacris as the special guest

I wish people stfu saying Janet need to stop living in the past naming her tours after old has been songs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.