• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

On 10/26/2022 at 3:29 PM, eli's_rhythm said:

Yes you do. 

Britney has a decently strong voice (by weak voiced standards), but Janet can actually sing live and has effortless control over her voice. She's easily one of the best thin-voiced singers!

She has the best tone among all of them too. I thought Britney was heavily influenced by Madonna until I saw this clip; her dancing style in her early days was JANET TO DE T, but she was never  as good of a dancer as Janet even at her peak. 

I had no idea Janet’s sex appeal at her peak was so  out of control. Also, “IF” is one of the best songs of all time; it makes u feel like a classy ****! 

Edited by Kh-Loud

On 10/27/2022 at 5:20 PM, HandsomeGumDrop said:

IT'S FINALLY AVAILABLE ? 

It looks so good too :jonny: They better upload All Nite next

She was GLOWING at 40 :jonnycat:

That interview section and the Damita Jo album sales lashings :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Control --> Velvet Rope is the strongest 4-album run of any MPG

promo.thumb.gif.76fc2b8d95ab67d0c717b107

It is unmatched. :gaynetcat2:

Include AFY then it becomes the strongest 5-album run :clap3:

10 minutes ago, robbyds said:

Haven't listened to that yet 

EhjHAPmXkAE0OKa.jpg

On 10/26/2022 at 10:36 AM, Kh-Loud said:

I think i deserve to get dragged for thinking Janet's vocal technicality is on the same level as those of Taylor's, Selena's, Britney's, even Jlo's :ghostface:(I don't deserve her discography, & i feel so ashamed). Now, I've realized how much of a vocal chameleon she is; she knows her voice so well that she's able to convey so many different emotions, even with what she has. Also, her harmonies, her doing all the background vocals, those hooes listed above could neverrrrrrrrrr; you really have to listen carefully to appreciate how ear-pleasing and complex some of her harmonies are. I'm obsessed with this Hag's discography. I feel so bad for letting my delusion of her vocals prevented me from appreciating her music for so many years :coffee: I Deserve to get dragged so badly 

On the contrary, you deserve kudos for discovering (and engaging so deeply with) this highly underrated artist! 

I've always thought she had a beautiful voice that is also highly distinctive - no one sounds like her, and so it's also harder to cover her music. (In that way, she's like Mariah.) As a singer, it's hard to carve out a niche like that.

4 hours ago, robbyds said:

It is unmatched. :gaynetcat2:

Include Damita Jo, and I'd say strongest 6-album run. 

And then there's 20 Y.O. 

3 minutes ago, DammnBaby said:

Include Damita Jo, and I'd say strongest 6-album run. 

And then there's 20 Y.O. 

Nah, she dropped the ball after All For You but she truly was that ***** from Control to All For You, classic after classic after classic after classic :gaynetcat2:

7 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Nah, she dropped the ball after All For You but she truly was that ***** from Control to All For You, classic after classic after classic after classic :gaynetcat2:

Anyone who agrees that AFY is excellence is good in my books. We'll diverge on DJ, but I know it's polarizing.

1 minute ago, DammnBaby said:

Anyone who agrees that AFY is excellence is good in my books. We'll diverge on DJ, but I know it's polarizing.

Don't get me wrong, DJ singles are fire, I mean, All Nite SLAPS, but, as an album it's just simply not that good

3 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Don't get me wrong, DJ singles are fire, I mean, All Nite SLAPS, but, as an album it's just simply not that good

All Nite is indeed a lost classic in her catalogue. It's held up so well.

5 hours ago, SinnerCity said:

:michael: we all have opinions...but give me Damita Jo over AFY any day!

32 minutes ago, kishi said:

I respect your bravery sistren!

13 hours ago, DammnBaby said:

On the contrary, you deserve kudos for discovering (and engaging so deeply with) this highly underrated artist! 

I've always thought she had a beautiful voice that is also highly distinctive - no one sounds like her, and so it's also harder to cover her music. (In that way, she's like Mariah.) As a singer, it's hard to carve out a niche like that.

I agree. Her discography is also so diverse,  and it’s such a surprise to find out that her flawless 4 albums run is mostly produced by one-dual producer. Jimmy and Terry are so freaking talented, and most importantly, soo versatile as a producer. They are capable of everything  from super minimal to max sound productions, seamlessly genre hopping and blending  one genre with another with such styles  -compare them to the basic one trick pony who won Producer of the year at Grammy this year is such an insult to their musicalities and skills! 

Janet’s voice is soo different in in unbreakable ; she sounds soo mature. I haven’t listened to discipline, but this is the first time where her voice kinda lost the girlie qualify of it for me lol, at 50. 

Edited by Kh-Loud

7 hours ago, kishi said:

I think Damita Jo flows better as an album, but it’s kinda forgettable. AFY has a lot of highs, very high moments where your mouth just kinda drops :ghostface:

Her streak from Control to Damita Jo is perfection :jonny: but then 40 Y.O. came along and destroyed it :deadbanana2: At least it gave us some good songs like Enjoy, Daybreak, Call On Me and So Excited

Seriously HOW have none of Janet's songs gone viral on TikTok yet? I need Someone To Call My Legend and God Really Matters to go viral and become her top streamed songs on Spotify ASAP. :fish2:

Now that Discipline has been unlocked on Spotify after all these years I’m patiently waiting for janet. remixed to be uploaded as well :clap3:

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis are being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame tonight! :flame:

I can't wait for Janet's speech!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.