Janet Jackson

Bitchcraft

And Janet and Jermaine wasn't even going with each other during the So So Def Remix.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

On the unreleased remix to “Pussycat” with Janet Jackson: “I did find that record, but I wanted to check with J first before just dumping that out like that. I wouldn’t want her to black on me for putting that remix to “Pussycat” out. I’m gonna hit her and see if it’s OK. If it’s OK, then I’ll release it.”

https://www.rap-up.com/2012/09/18/missy-elliott-teases-collaboration-with-lil-kim-and-eve/

So Janet said no?

ezgif-com-gif-maker-1.thumb.gif.a256b018

I hate how much I watch this on repeat every time I see it. :bibliahh:

Omg I had no idea that Madonna’s Vogue is a complete rip-off of a Miss You Much remix until it was mentioned in that other thread. :rip:

Just another reason why Janet will always be the true queen of pop. She’s the leader, Madge is the follower.

2 hours ago, Daydream said:

Omg I had no idea that Madonna’s Vogue is a complete rip-off of a Miss You Much remix until it was mentioned in that other thread. :rip:

Just another reason why Janet will always be the true queen of pop. She’s the leader, Madge is the follower.

Which remix?

Janet’s music>>>>>>>> Madonna’s and her own brother! 

I’ve recently gotten into her, and my god, it’s been a journey that I feel very blessed about. :heart::bird:

I’m going to be listening to nothing but her for the next few weeks I already know that 

5 hours ago, TheGreatestX said:

Which remix?

Released in August 1989. Madonna then recorded Vogue a few months later in December 1989.

4 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

Janet’s music>>>>>>>> Madonna’s and her own brother! 

I’ve recently gotten into her, and my god, it’s been a journey that I feel very blessed about. :heart::bird:

I’m going to be listening to nothing but her for the next few weeks I already know that 

She has the best discography ever. :gaynetcat4:

Share your favourite songs/albums when you're ready. :gaynetcat3:

All For You is getting close to 100M combined streams on Spotify now.

Album Version: 75,235,653
Best Of Number Ones/Single Version: 23,393,013
6 Minute LP Vinyl Album Version: 457,403

Total Combined streams: 99,086,069

It will probably hit 100M in about 1-2 weeks.

Edited by Moth 2 The Flame

18 minutes ago, PopThatCorn said:

She has the best discography ever. :gaynetcat4:

Share your favourite songs/albums when you're ready. :gaynetcat3:

My fave album is between TVR and Janet, but I’ve only really listened to those two plus Control and Rhythm Nation from start to finish :gaynetcat4:

As for songs, it’s much harder to decide. it’s too dynamic to list cuz it’ll probably change everyday lol. For today it’s 

Pleasure principle 

This Time 

Every Time 

The Velvet Rope

Any Time Any Place 

Thats the way love goes 

Blackcat 

Tonight’s the night 

I get Lonely 

the 80s albums are better when you’re in the mood to dance. 

1 hour ago, Kh-Loud said:

My fave album is between TVR and Janet, but I’ve only really listened to those two plus Control and Rhythm Nation from start to finish :gaynetcat4:

As for songs, it’s much harder to decide. it’s too dynamic to list cuz it’ll probably change everyday lol. For today it’s 

Pleasure principle 

This Time 

Every Time 

The Velvet Rope

Any Time Any Place 

Thats the way love goes 

Blackcat 

Tonight’s the night 

I get Lonely 

the 80s albums are better when you’re in the mood to dance. 

Since you're listening to her 90s stuff, later check out these non-album singles and b-sides:

Runaway

Twenty Foreplay

One More Chance

And On and On

70's Love Groove

Accept Me

Ask For More

Collaborations:

The Best Things In Life Are Free 

Scream

What's It Gonna Be?!

Some these are not on streaming services but lots of gems. :gaynetcat2:

Janet deserves to have a Kate Bush moment. Which old song of hers would you want to blow up?

9 minutes ago, monologueNacafe said:

Janet deserves to have a Kate Bush moment. Which old song of hers would you want to blow up?

This, so it can finally chart on the Hot 100 like it deserved to.

Or Rhythm Nation song, imagine if it blows up enough to re-chart on the Hot 100 and peak at #1 above its original #2 peak where Janet would then join the rare club of 5 #1's off 1 album with MJ and Katy Perry. :clap:

1 hour ago, monologueNacafe said:

You :gaynetcat2:

But All Nite feels like the most likely

On 10/23/2022 at 11:04 AM, PopThatCorn said:

Since you're listening to her 90s stuff, later check out these non-album singles and b-sides:

Runaway

Twenty Foreplay

One More Chance

And On and On

70's Love Groove

Accept Me

Ask For More

Collaborations:

The Best Things In Life Are Free 

Scream

What's It Gonna Be?!

Some these are not on streaming services but lots of gems. :gaynetcat2:

Hey there, thank you for the recommendation. I finally got a chance to listen to them all and most of them aren’t even on Apple Music lol. 

I really enjoyed runway, twenty foreplay, and I really love On and On but it’s not on streaming platform :gaynetcat4: As for her collabs, Im not a good fan of them, but thank you for suggesting. 

Doesn’t Really Matter is one of her best :bird: Man, TVR and JANET have been playing in rotation non stop

If there was a resurrection of “New Jack Swing” like disco did the past couple years, Janet will definitely get her flowers. More than half of her mega smashes are all New Jack Swing. 

Melodically, Rhythm Nation is her best in my opinion. Those New Jack Swing productions can be abit much though cuz it’s so monotonous. I wish she would rework the productions with more high and low moments rather than the same beat with prominent drums through out every song. 

:jonny5: she's in Doha, Qatar for the opening of the Baghdad: Eye's Delight exhibition.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:29 AM, monologueNacafe said:

* Lonely

* Where Are You Now

* Twenty Foreplay

* Empty

* China Love

* All Nite

On 10/24/2022 at 10:41 AM, Moth 2 The Flame said:

This, so it can finally chart on the Hot 100 like it deserved to.

Or Rhythm Nation song, imagine if it blows up enough to re-chart on the Hot 100 and peak at #1 above its original #2 peak where Janet would then join the rare club of 5 #1's off 1 album with MJ and Katy Perry. :clap:

This should have charted and I support anything from the Damita Jo era having success.

On 10/25/2022 at 4:29 AM, ATWK said:

:jonny:

I don't see anything...

On 10/25/2022 at 5:22 AM, Kh-Loud said:

If there was a resurrection of “New Jack Swing” like disco did the past couple years, Janet will definitely get her flowers. More than half of her mega smashes are all New Jack Swing. 

Melodically, Rhythm Nation is her best in my opinion. Those New Jack Swing productions can be abit much though cuz it’s so monotonous. I wish she would rework the productions with more high and low moments rather than the same beat with prominent drums through out every song. 

Since Bruno's album in 2016, I've been waiting. But I think other artists' didn't want to be accused of riding his wave.

Edited by kishi

37 minutes ago, kishi said:

I don't see anything...

It was Island Life, but I guess the link didn't paste properly :/

I think i deserve to get dragged for thinking Janet's vocal technicality is on the same level as those of Taylor's, Selena's, Britney's, even Jlo's :ghostface:(I don't deserve her discography, & i feel so ashamed). Now, I've realized how much of a vocal chameleon she is; she knows her voice so well that she's able to convey so many different emotions, even with what she has. Also, her harmonies, her doing all the background vocals, those hooes listed above could neverrrrrrrrrr; you really have to listen carefully to appreciate how ear-pleasing and complex some of her harmonies are. I'm obsessed with this Hag's discography. I feel so bad for letting my delusion of her vocals prevented me from appreciating her music for so many years :coffee: I Deserve to get dragged so badly 

4 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

I think i deserve to get dragged for thinking Janet's vocal technicality is on the same level as those of Taylor's, Selena's, Britney's, even Jlo's :ghostface:(I don't deserve her discography, & i feel so ashamed). Now, I've realized how much of a vocal chameleon she is; she knows her voice so well that she's able to convey so many different emotions, even with what she has. Also, her harmonies, her doing all the background vocals, those hooes listed above could neverrrrrrrrrr; you really have to listen carefully to appreciate how ear-pleasing and complex some of her harmonies are. I'm obsessed with this Hag's discography. I feel so bad for letting my delusion of her vocals prevented me from appreciating her music for so many years :coffee: I Deserve to get dragged so badly 

Yes you do. 

Britney has a decently strong voice (by weak voiced standards), but Janet can actually sing live and has effortless control over her voice. She's easily one of the best thin-voiced singers!

10 hours ago, kishi said:

:jonny5: she's in Doha, Qatar for the opening of the Baghdad: Eye's Delight exhibition.

* Lonely

* Where Are You Now

* Twenty Foreplay

* Empty

* China Love

* All Nite

This should have charted and I support anything from the Damita Jo era having success.

I don't see anything...

Since Bruno's album in 2016, I've been waiting. But I think other artists' didn't want to be accused of riding his wave.

She is slaying us with these lewks! She looks so classy, beautiful and youthful!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.