Janet Jackson

Bitchcraft

15 hours ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Why she insists on all black outfit. Festivals are mostly stadiums, you can barely see a person in all black costume that far........Remember her tour in Australia? There is a reason why people left after she appeared cause ppl can barely see her in her baggy onesie....

Where is that fiery Janet who delivered a stellar festival show back in 2011 with Essence Festival?

Black is her favorite color and people did not leave the show because of that unflattering costume. She was the main headliner of that festival tour and people probably left before she ended to avoid traffic. Thankfully, she didn't wear all black.

She was 44 when she did Essence in 2010, she's now pushing 56 next Monday. Expectations...

9 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

She looked good in BRIGHT orange and served TVR era, and the tweaks to WHYDFML and other songs were great. She needs to keep this band. 

ALSO, her mic was on a lot more than I expected. So if she’s not going to dance as much, I’m happy she’s singing live again. I think as she gets older, the dancers will become props and Janet will join in with them occasionally. She’s closer to 60 than 50, so I get it.

My biggest issue is the set list. I don’t think it’ll ever get any better than the RWU tour. It’s her best set list ever and I’m not debating, so you’ll have to deal. 

Orange looks great on her. She can be covered up and still have a form fitting nice outfit, glad someone on her team got the memo. I would have been MAD if she gave us a 2019 look. 

The band is TIGHT.

Her mic was on a points and while I have only seen some low quality live feeds, they can still work on some volume issues as well as probably get a different mic setup. She kept touching the mic and the pack in the middle of the set. 

Dead on about the setlist. I think RWU Tour was also one of her longest shows, which I have no problem with. I think we are stuck with the Control medley haha (obviously at festivals it's a must have, the audience loved it). But I was let down that there was no songs from 20 Y.O. (just an interlude, I cry) or Unbreakable. 

8 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I also noticed her singing in nearly all the clips I saw, but barely moving, which… understandable I guess. A little disappointing after all the dance rehearsal videos tho.

I’m sure we will get a new set list when there’s a new tour. SOTW set was pretty amazing.

If she dances for the choruses and breakdowns, I can deal with it. If she's singing or working the stage, I see no issue. She absolutely killed the beginning. I'd like to see a song from each album, personally.

4 hours ago, Aerosol said:

I would prefer one or two more deep cuts but the setlist is pretty good actually. Thank goodness she remembered fabric comes In other colors.

Still not buying tickets to any show but things are looking good. Release the damn album.

I feel this! Though I am going to Essence for the experience.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

Is no one gonna post a link for the performances?

gujg.thumb.jpg.7cd413004be0a2bf6491f1ff5

It’s so refreshing to see her so colorful! I just hope she doesn’t reuse the same outfits for the next few festivals. I know mutha is indie now, but it doesn’t break the bank to get new looks for each show. I’m having PTSD from that tank top and jeans on the Number Ones Tour. 

Anyway, Happy Mother’s Day to Janet! Never thought I’d say that during the height of my fandom. You can tell Eissa is truly her greatest personal achievement. 

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

She looks so good on a bright color, very sexy while still covering up indeed. I’d love her to keep this energy and give us a tour.

She looks so gorgeous :jonny: I'm so glad she stopped wearing the all black costumes, these ones are way more flattering 

jj1-a.jpg

So Janet is turning 56 next Monday, will there be any surprises regarding new music or will it be total silence? She used to surprise fans with music news around her birthday but nowadays not so sure. :katie:

Expecting a "hey u guys! thanks for all the love and birthday wishes. Love xx. J" tweet and that will be all there is. :laugh:

On 5/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, pieceofgök said:

Starting to think Rhythm Nation is ha best album :jonny5:

That's because it is.

I'm just not really interested in her performances anymore. 

On 5/10/2022 at 12:03 PM, Moth 2 The Flame said:

So Janet is turning 56 next Monday, will there be any surprises regarding new music or will it be total silence? She used to surprise fans with music news around her birthday but nowadays not so sure. :katie:

Expecting a "hey u guys! thanks for all the love and birthday wishes. Love xx. J" tweet and that will be all there is. :laugh:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she posted something similar to that :ahh: I'm so tired of waiting it's been so many years

Doing God's work today by payola-ing So Excited in my straight bros gym

On 5/10/2022 at 9:23 AM, monologueNacafe said:

I'm just not really interested in her performances anymore. 

We know. :rip:

A lot of fans want the album now or a tour or to see more choreography and it's just not happening at the rate they want it to.

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Doing God's work today by payola-ing So Excited in my straight bros gym

:clap3:

Edited by kishi

Janet's official documentary is nominated for best Music Documentary category for the MTV Movie & TV Awards which is based on fan votes tallied up daily.

https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards/vote/best-music-documentary

She's up against other documentaries from The Beatles, Olivia Rodrigo, Kanye West and Oasis. I seriously doubt she'll win this since these award shows are always geared towards the young demographic and we know young fans vote like crazy and are very dedicated to it, so Olivia will most likely win this one. Still it wouldn't hurt to try if the Janet fans here want to give Miss Jackson some votes. You can use different verified email addresses to help Janet accumulate more votes if you want.

Happy 35th Birthday Pleasure Principle!!! ????? 

On 5/12/2022 at 7:33 AM, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Janet's official documentary is nominated for best Music Documentary category for the MTV Movie & TV Awards which is based on fan votes tallied up daily.

https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards/vote/best-music-documentary

She's up against other documentaries from The Beatles, Olivia Rodrigo, Kanye West and Oasis. I seriously doubt she'll win this since these award shows are always geared towards the young demographic and we know young fans vote like crazy and are very dedicated to it, so Olivia will most likely win this one. Still it wouldn't hurt to try if the Janet fans here want to give Miss Jackson some votes. You can use different verified email addresses to help Janet accumulate more votes if you want.

I am still going to vote. Can't accept defeat without trying, you never know how close the votes may be! :gaynetcat4:

16 hours ago, HandsomeGumDrop said:

Happy 35th Birthday Pleasure Principle!!! ????? 

Wow, a pioneer of a video. A constant inspiration! :clap3:

Her performance went harder than she did on the last few tours. Whew. I am ready for Black Diamond.

HAPPY ALLAHNET DAY :party:

Happy Birthday to Miss Jackson if ya nasty! No news music news but at least she made an appearance at this year's Billboard Music Awards.

Edited by Moth 2 The Flame

Happy birthday to the Queen :jonny:  I will be blasting her music all day today. Such a pleasant surprise that she made an appearance at the BBMAs, she looked great

Happy birthday, legend! It was so nice seeing her at the Billboard Awards, even though I didn’t watch live. There’s so many clips from the show and her birthday. Loving the content, but I just wish it was leading to, you know, an announcement of sorts. She tends to waste her hype and here’s yet another chance to capitalize on that. 

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

Streamed Allah for You album for the Queen's birthday :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.