• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kishi

• HandsomeGumDrop

• PopThatCorn

• Moth 2 The Flame

She is looking good. Please give a great setlist and fashion Janet!

Starting to think Rhythm Nation is ha best album :jonny5:

47 minutes ago, pieceofgök said:

It is one of her best projects. :clap3:

On 4/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, Aerosol said:

She's gonna do the Number Ones show plus Burnitup and maybe one of the other songs nobody liked from the past decade in a black onesie (but with braids!). Thrilling.

I always want predictions like this to be untrue. You and me both, I’m sure.

But it’s Janet. Keeping your expectations low for something interesting while Gil is still involved is probably a good idea. 

She's such a BORE.

There's many excuses in pop music. Janet, of all people, is one of the only ones who can legitimately make the claim of being silenced. She still hasn't laid out any evidence of why she would be a compelling current artist for decades now. 

Edited by Aerosol

Can't wait to see her first performance show tonight since 2019 where she'll be wearing a black bag attire like she always does for festival shows :coffee: (yes I'm being sarcastic). The only thing I'll be interested in will be the setlist.

In the meantime, I might be looking into getting all of Janet's studio albums on vinyl for my small but growing music vinyl collection. I already have Control-The Velvet Rope coloured reissues UMG released back in 2019, and just purchased the original 2001 US pressing of All For You album a few weeks back for Record Store Day. Looking into getting Damita Jo next sometime in the future.

18 minutes ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Can't wait to see her first performance show tonight since 2019 where she'll be wearing a black bag attire like she always does for festival shows :coffee: (yes I'm being sarcastic). The only thing I'll be interested in will be the setlist.

In the meantime, I might be looking into getting all of Janet's studio albums on vinyl for my small but growing music vinyl collection. I already have Control-The Velvet Rope coloured reissues UMG released back in 2019, and just purchased the original 2001 US pressing of All For You album a few weeks back for Record Store Day. Looking into getting Damita Jo next sometime in the future.

@Aerosol already gave you the set list. Number Ones. :rip:

We ask for the bare minimum and get crumbs. I don’t feel any type of way when a Janet fan comes for her scarf covered neck. 

On 5/4/2022 at 7:16 PM, pieceofgök said:

It's definitely at least top 2/3.

My trinity is TVR, RN, Janet. :jonnycat:

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Mine too! I keep meaning to follow you. You have exquisite taste. :clap3:

Edit: I do follow you. Lol no surprise why.

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

1 minute ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Mine too! I keep meaning to follow you. You have exquisite taste. :clap3:

Edit: I do follow you. Lol no surprise why.

:gaycat4:

26 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

The real trinity is Dream Street, 20 Y.O. and Discipline :gaycat3:

J/K

My trinity is TVR, AFY and Unbreakable

Why she insists on all black outfit. Festivals are mostly stadiums, you can barely see a person in all black costume that far........Remember her tour in Australia? There is a reason why people left after she appeared cause ppl can barely see her in her baggy onesie....

Where is that fiery Janet who delivered a stellar festival show back in 2011 with Essence Festival?

I find it funny that she never performed The Best Things in Life are Free until Number Ones, and now she performs it at every single show.

She looked good in BRIGHT orange and served TVR era, and the tweaks to WHYDFML and other songs were great. She needs to keep this band. 

ALSO, her mic was on a lot more than I expected. So if she’s not going to dance as much, I’m happy she’s singing live again. I think as she gets older, the dancers will become props and Janet will join in with them occasionally. She’s closer to 60 than 50, so I get it.

My biggest issue is the set list. I don’t think it’ll ever get any better than the RWU tour. It’s her best set list ever and I’m not debating, so you’ll have to deal. 

18 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

She looked good in BRIGHT orange and served TVR era, and the tweaks to WHYDFML and other songs were great. She needs to keep this band. 

ALSO, her mic was on a lot more than I expected. So if she’s not going to dance as much, I’m happy she’s singing live again. I think as she gets older, the dancers will become props and Janet will join in with them occasionally. She’s closer to 60 than 50, so I get it.

My biggest issue is the set list. I don’t think it’ll ever get any better than the RWU tour. It’s her best set list ever and I’m not debating, so you’ll have to deal. 

I also noticed her singing in nearly all the clips I saw, but barely moving, which… understandable I guess. A little disappointing after all the dance rehearsal videos tho.

I’m sure we will get a new set list when there’s a new tour. SOTW set was pretty amazing.

the performance was a serve and she looked fine, especially in the orange :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I also noticed her singing in nearly all the clips I saw, but barely moving, which… understandable I guess. A little disappointing after all the dance rehearsal videos tho.

I’m sure we will get a new set list when there’s a new tour. SOTW set was pretty amazing.

Yup! I enjoyed SOTW1 set list slightly more than the second leg. I thought opening with Skin Game was a choice. The Knowledge was the perfect kick off. 

6 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

the performance was a serve and she looked fine, especially in the orange :deadbanana2:

Agreed, the orange look was hot and different for her, and I liked the other looks too! She looks amazing in general.

She looked so good!!! When she did the If breakdown :jonny5:

The costumes were fantastic. She moved well and was signing live. She was serving face. Very very pretty. Hope she goes on tour and improves the setlist. Setlist made sense because it is for a festival.

I would prefer one or two more deep cuts but the setlist is pretty good actually. Thank goodness she remembered fabric comes In other colors.

Still not buying tickets to any show but things are looking good. Release the damn album.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.