• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

8 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

sanfsdnfkjsf :deadbanana2:

I just don't see it. She's made a point of saying she watched some of her idols devolve into what they did and so she purposefully avoids those same issues

1 minute ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Agreed, I think the reason she’s managed to stay in peak condition physically and mentally is thanks to her absence in public, as frustrating as it is as a fan. 

I just think it’s so cringe to “expose” celebs for doing drugs, literally all of them do it, this isn’t some major discovery worth raving or shaming about.:rip:

You cannot have the stamina and the vocal pristine that she has after so many years doing drugs, it's literally impossible.

She may be a lot of things, but i can 100% say with certainty she doesn't do hard drugs :skull:

24 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

I could care less if she does or does not do drugs, that random bodyguard thinking he did something:rip:

If she needs a little booger sugar to do her little uh oh dance I say let her! We’ve got grammy and tour rehearsals to attend, chop chop!

I sincerely hate you, but I agree. :deadbanana4:

Why are we predicting Bad Bunny to get it? He couldn't even win the Latin Grammy AOTY award :psyduck:.

I think if Bey is really not getting it, than it would be Harry or Adele.

Some of the takes in here :rip: She'll win both dance categories, R&B performance for CUFF IT, and AOTY.

Mary is steep competition in R&B (she's also an AOTY nominee herself this season). Voters might decide to give Mary love in R&B and support Bey in AOTY, but there's no way she sweeps all categories. 

6 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Some of the takes in here :rip: She'll win both dance categories, R&B performance for CUFF IT, and AOTY.

Mary is steep competition in R&B (she's also an AOTY nominee herself this season). Voters might decide to give Mary love in R&B and support Bey in AOTY, but there's no way she sweeps all categories. 

I only worry about the dance categories because of how cliqueish genre categories are. 

tbh I can see the big pop girls splitting the vote in the visual media song, but i don’t care about Be Alive anyway so :giraffe:

Another forum. Grain of salt..

Posters for the tour drop on Feb 6th - dates for london are May 29th and 30th and Tottenham Stadium.

13 minutes ago, Lorde Von Vok said:

I've always been confident that Renaissance will get AOTY, but I'm more and more thinking it will be Bad Bunny's (although he shouldn't get it in my opinion) and Bey will snatch the rest of her nominations, mostly the Dance and R&B categories.

I'm still holding out for a Rennie win. I get the pessimism, but think at a literal business / telecast level, the Grammys have more to lose than gain by playing with Bey again. From a reputation and future-proofing standpoint.  

But, I agree, if they go in another direction, Bad Bunny feels likely based on HDD's (possibly stale) tea. They mentioned Harry deserving to win (wack take) but it looking like someone else for "political" reasons. The only two scenarios that comfortably fit in that bracket are:

* A Bey Win: they are almost obligated at this point and with this album more than any other before. 

or

* Bad Bunny: the cultural significance being an a Spanish language album. 

I'm still leaning more towards Bey because, like someone else said, Bad Bunny didn't even win AOTY at the Latin Grammys. So logic (which isn't always in high supply) surely wouldn't have him win outside his niche when he wasn't deemed the worthy winner within it. Surely?

4 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

It's an easy guess to say they're coming the day after the GRAMMYs, but I want something this week :giraffe:

3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

It's an easy guess to say they're coming the day after the GRAMMYs, but I want something this week :giraffe:

Write her a letter :giraffe:

28 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

One of these insiders is wrong. Why wait until after the Grammys unless there is a performance. 

12 minutes ago, Shelter said:

One of these insiders is wrong. Why wait until after the Grammys unless there is a performance. 

From what I heard, announcement this week and general sale after the Grammys (Feb 10th).

15 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Just now, Draper. said:

From what I heard, announcement this week and general sale after the Grammys (Feb 10th).

Yup, I had to re-read the new tea. But the posters may be nothing more than post-announcement promo and don't necessarily mean it's the date she's announcing. All signs point to it coming this week. 

At the same time, I doubt she'll have much worry about generating awareness in major markets, so not sure what the point of posters really will be. Or am I overestimating her automated sales ability?

1 minute ago, Cbreezy said:

Yup, I had to re-read the new tea. But the posters may be nothing more than post-announcement promo and don't necessarily mean it's the date she's announcing. All signs point to it coming this week. 

At the same time, I doubt she'll have much worry about generating awareness in major markets, so not sure what the point of posters really will be. Or am I overestimating her automated sales ability?

I don't think you're overestimating her sales ability, this will sell out immediately. 

It’s 50/50, either she wins cause everyone FEELS she deserves a win. Or she loses cause everyone FEELS she’s going to win. 

Those are two distinct sentiments when it comes to voting. Ppl play too much when it looks like something is in the bag. If enough ppl throw away their votes or split between similar albums, then we could see the opposite of what we want.

People really just have to go into it without any prejudice and vote for the best album, irrespective of the politics and maneuvering involved. :coffee2:

8 minutes ago, Draper. said:

I don't think you're overestimating her sales ability, this will sell out immediately. 

And I was thinking of checking flights and hotels first to see what would be cheaper :redface:

I might just have to buy the tickets impulsively and then deal with the logistics after nnnnn

Also, Bey is not performing at the Grammys. They done disrespected her too many times. She’s very much a silently cut someone off type of gyal. Can you imagine if she goes and loses the category for the 4th!! time how humiliating that is for her as an artist?

She’s taking the Renaissance performances/show directly on tour I fear. :cm:

17 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Makes sense 

47 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I dont think of the Grammys and expect the worst when it comes to them.

Basically. I'm literally going to LA for that weekend and I'm forgetting about the actual ceremony and awards :ahh:

I’m starting to understand Bey’s perspective tho. The main purpose of those award shows, from the artist’s perspective is really just exposure. Of course, from the fan perspective it’s everything in life and more. But if you’re someone on Bey’s level, where a private concert in a country 1,000 miles away can go viral… there’s literally no reason to perform at a ratings declining Grammys.

Renaissance is much less of a statement album than LemonLegend, which I imagine is the main reason she performed it everywhere — same with Be Alive… which she didn’t even bother to do live… nnn. Rene is really all about good vibes and dance. It doesn’t even need visuals to get its point across. So why would it need an award show performance? 

It’s sad, but with 3 kids and a tight schedule, I’d rather she focus on putting together a bomb ass tour that I, and millions others, get to experience in person than a format specific 5-10 min award show slot performance. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.