Beyoncé

Kisuke

20 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I was thinking they did work for the merch, with chip based NFT T-shirts or whatever Jay fed all up in her mind.

----

The way we were ROBBED pains me to this day.

This Be Alive version is so epic. My God.

• Replies 101.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

9 minutes ago, Otter said:

It seems pretty obvious. 

The era began with a black backdrop against white text. Both in terms of the album and single announcements. From the beginning visuals were being held back. On release, there's a blanket statement that visuals will come at a later date, a confirmation I don't think we would have got if they were around the corner. We then get a troll video like BMS Cliquebait, obviously very self aware of the desire for visuals and the fact they're being held back and not coming anytime soon. Finally a bizzare ITG teaser which obviously isn't a teaser for the song really but a moment to let people know that vast amont of visuals have been filmed. There is no release date like there is for Lemonade or Homecoming teasers, because the visuals are not around the corner. 

Essentially nothing has changed since the first announcement of the visuals coming at a "later date". From when the lead single didn't receive a video, I think it should have been clear that whatever is intended is not necessarily timed in a traditional sense. Only when the era is seemingly ending would it make sense to assume that the visuals have been cancelled, but the tour doesn't begin for another 5months, so no reason to draw that conclusion.

Good Observation! It still leaves open the question of what exactly spoke towards this approach of not doing anything after the release of the album. You cannot tell me they sit in a meeting and are like "lets drop the album, and then dont do anything for the next 7 months" and Bey being like "sounds great"

:rip:

25 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Hearing this version in the trailer had me so hype for the release.

Then i heard the final stripped down song

KYtBoeg.gif

I had a notification from a news outlet here that she'll perform at the Stade of France in May : 26 and 28 to be precise. I run to Ticketmasters nothing, I storm the whole internet and nothing! Desperate I come back to this website and try reading the pages in this thread, I gave up and went to Celebria nothing. Ugh. 

Anyway, why do people publish articles without checking the source? It should be illegal. 

Anyway I tried reading a couple pages here and just gave up : you guys fight all the time. :laugh:

I saw some pics from the private show, still completely disagree with it but she looked great. Sad about her ankle if that's true, I hope she takes time to recover even if it means postponing the tour. There's a silver-lining there though, the last years Bey's performances have become very heavily choreography-lining, which is really not my preference, let's hope we get more big vocals moment as a result of it. 

Edited by BnPac

26 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I was thinking they did work for the merch, with chip based NFT T-shirts or whatever Jay fed all up in her mind.

----

Right? And people want to convince us the monotony of the songs production adds to the meaning lol. This Version would've slapped so so much more 

Cant wait for things to get rolling, hope we get things soon

Edited by Punch

43 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Every Bey album sounds like a Bey album to me. There's always a through line in her music that sounds so Beyonce no matter the genre or material.

!!!! I don’t understand what y’all are talking about honestly Beyoncés artistic touch is very strong on every one of her records to me EXCEPT EIL. That sounded like a jay album. A beyoncé hip hop album would sound different 

Edited by bijonse

18 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Good Observation! It still leaves open the question of what exactly spoke towards this approach of not doing anything after the release of the album. You cannot tell me they sit in a meeting and are like "lets drop the album, and then dont do anything for the next 7 months" and Bey being like "sounds great"

:rip:

Worst case scenarios:
-She thinks its ground breaking or innovative to let the music speak for itself.
-The visuals were rushed and very underwhelming. So reshoots etc are going on.
-They shot without having appropriate distribution or financial backing planned and spent the last 6months, acquiring this. 

Best case scenarios:
-The visuals component is highly ambitious and she thought she'd rather just release the music versus delaying everything to coincide with the visuals being ready. One idea that has been on my mind is that the visuals will not be a film but an original TV series telling a tale which the album ties into.

-The visuals incorporate future albums.

Edited by Otter

Does anyone have that tiktok/video thing with those gays dancing and singing along to BMS on the night of release? It was quickly deleted haha

What happens Tuesday when nothing happens, someone tags Mercurio, and he pops in to say delayed again

tumblr_inline_o93d1eVzIa1riuxno_500.gif

Destiny fulfilled is one of her best albums point blank period, the pinnacle of 2000s r&b and survivor is full of pop excellence :loud:

13 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

What happens Tuesday when nothing happens, someone tags Mercurio, and he pops in to say delayed again

:skull: Would not surprise me. 

Plottwist: Mercurio is Beyonces troll account and she plays with us knowing damn well about our meltdownS

22 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

He meant Tuesday 2024.

1 hour ago, BnPac said:

There's a silver-lining there though, the last years Bey's performances have become very heavily choreography-lining, which is really not my preference, let's hope we get more big vocals moment as a result of it. 

I feel the same.

*Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker who only posted once years ago before the old posts were deleted.

Edited by QueenDiva

2 hours ago, Space&Time said:

I don’t understand the obsession with a tour date. She says I’m going on tour here are the dates and the prices. And then we move on.

I need content. Lol. It’s the substance that’s lacking.

Thank you, these fools are literally waiting for sis to announce she's ready for them to spend $+1000 with no promise of new performances and they're excited. :deadvision:

Bey IS the type of woman who would do this ENTIRE TOUR without a Renaissance song (AND name the tour after Renaissance).

11 minutes ago, QueenDiva said:

I feel the same.

*Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker who only posted once years ago before the old posts were deleted.

Welcome to the happiest, friendliest, winningest base on ATRL

3 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Thank you, these fools are literally waiting for sis to announce she's ready for them to spend $+1000 with no promise of new performances and they're excited. :deadvision:

Bey IS the type of woman who would do this ENTIRE TOUR without a Renaissance song (AND name the tour after Renaissance).

She ain't **** but I think that's a bit far-fetched nn :rip:

2 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Welcome to the happiest, friendliest, winningest base on ATRL

😄 I've had hours of entertainment reading this thread.

1 hour ago, Otter said:

One idea that has been on my mind is that the visuals will not be a film but an original TV series telling a tale which the album ties into.

this would be pretty epic tbh.

For a long time I assumed the Renaissance visuals would end with her riding Reneigh into the distance as a song from Act II plays at the end

Still haven't recovered from the Dubai performance. She might as well be in her vocal prime with her current vocals. It's astonishing how, unbeknownst to us, her vocals have only strengthened over the years. Honestly spurred me on to still have faith in this era.

Edited by abeille

7 minutes ago, abeille said:

Still haven't recovered from the Dubai performance. She might as well be in her vocal prime with her current vocals. It's astonishing how, unbeknownst to us, her vocals have only strengthened over the years. Honestly spurred me on to still have faith in this era.

THIS!

I was listening to that vocals video someone posted here yesterday and was so taken aback by it all, can't wait, and HOPE we get to hear it in good audio quality...

It really made me love how we all expected her to come back with a very Beyoncé-"performance" thing but yet again she changed it up and gave us a whole show full of vocals first and foremost.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.