Beyoncé

Kisuke

2 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

You have to agree tho: Ms Bey is doing this all to herself cause no one told her to release unfinished content. I would've preferred a ready-to-go rollout this year compared to the mess we have now.

tumblr_inline_o93d1eVzIa1riuxno_500.gif

It could be worse. She could’ve turned into a soccer mom with **** material like another star I won’t mention

spacer.png

She at least still cares about the quality of her work and I’m sure the visuals will be top. Act 2 probably won’t be as bad if it’s coming this year. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

If she actually gives us the dates for the tour in 5-6 days I honestly could not care less about the Grammys or the essays about how bad the era has been. :katie:

So if no Grammy's what's the plan?

I think they should just do the tour announcement and then drop visuals. I don't see the visuals having all that much of an effect at this point and they'll probably drop them on a streaming service anyway, thus taking away momentum.

The RENAISSANCE album isn't doing anything on BB at this point and I don't really see it having that much longevity (much like Lemonade tbh). The tour should be the priority now, especially because we know she'll do huge numbers.

2 minutes ago, Draper. said:

If she actually gives us the dates for the tour in 5-6 days I honestly could not care less about the Grammys or the essays about how bad the era has been. :katie:

This part, that should be the focus now. The streets aren't really screaming for visuals anymore so I think the window is has closed for them. If she drops them when the tour is announced or on Grammy night then I can see SOME sort of traction, but that's really it.

Just now, Shelter said:

It could be worse. She could’ve turned into a soccer mom with **** material like another star I won’t mention

spacer.png

She at least still cares about the quality of her work and I’m sure the visuals will be top. Act 2 probably won’t be as bad if it’s coming this year. 

Well it can always be worse. She could just stop making music altogether and retire. 

3 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

To be fair, anything is possible. Good and bad. 

But Bey's career-long brand is about perfection. Factually speaking, she has never said something was happening and it didn't. She's never announced an album and then delayed it. She generally doesn't cancel shows. She doesn't publicly facing commit to something and then back-peddle. Ever.

As a stan for as long as I've been, I can only go on that. 

This era is admittedly hella confusing and I've always been resolute that something went left behind the scenes. But she has never been the artist to ever show that on a frontward facing tip. And if she does, it'll be in some kind of doc when ish is back on track. 

I'd sooner believe that she announced the "three-acts" without having her ish together and is busting her behind to make it all deliver (in a very PR spun way) than believe she (this deep into her career) is willing to take an L and destroy the image of perfection she's carefully built up for 25-years by cancelling anything. 

Again, I can only go on what she serves up. And one of the most consistent things about her brand is the presentation of perfection. Sometimes it's legitimately that, other times it's the illusion of it. But it's consistent. 

I guess. Tho one may raise the questions: whats the point of all of that? Whats the benefit? She MUST be aware its frustrating to her consumers aka fans. What speaks in favor of releasing a body of work and going ghost right after for 7 months (aside from a tiffany campaign) compared to releasing the album a year later with several things aligned (such as visuals, or a performance, or the tour, etc)?

Due to insiders, we know a lot of these things are messy behind doors, and that aligns with me believing there is in fact a quite obvious degree of unprofessionalism going on behinde the scenes.

Gotta apply for a job at Parkwood to get inside scoop tho lol

27 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

I’ll be right there with you

spacer.png

we have to end her once and for all ! she WILL pay for her crimes 
tumblr_inline_o93d1eVzIa1riuxno_500.gif

16 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

So if no Grammy's what's the plan?

I think they should just do the tour announcement and then drop visuals. I don't see the visuals having all that much of an effect at this point and they'll probably drop them on a streaming service anyway, thus taking away momentum.

The RENAISSANCE album isn't doing anything on BB at this point and I don't really see it having that much longevity (much like Lemonade tbh). The tour should be the priority now, especially because we know she'll do huge numbers.

Really? They will be everywhere if it’s good. 

2 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

Apparently she's had over 100m views on tiktok in the past week

Smashing :jonny5:

Spotify should've added this to any playlist 

Edited by PrudenceHCharmed

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

But honest question: Is it shady when I say she doesnt care for her fans based on her actions in the 2020s? Cause in my opinion, its just a fact and not being shady. I don't feel like thats me whining.

Same when I say shes a capitalist, which again, is just a fact imho. Every person whos accumulated as much money as her has to be a capitalist.

Mind you, im not a native speaker, so im honestly curious.

I don't think it's shady. It's a fact if you look at it a certain way.

If you take "care for" as "tend to", then she definitely doesn't do that. If we take "care for" as "appreciate/like" then she clearly does still like us.

That being said I think it's even more clear that she doesn't approach her musical work as a "product" as much as she used to and instead regards it more as her art which has put an entirely different perspective on how she should/will market herself/her work to fans.

It's hard to say that if making works of stunning quality is for the fans benefit, or her own, but either way we're getting/benefiting from it, so I personally don't mind if she's keeping more than an arm's reach away from us at the moment as she focuses on whatever she wants to focus on.

I don’t understand the obsession with a tour date. She says I’m going on tour here are the dates and the prices. And then we move on.

I need content. Lol. It’s the substance that’s lacking.

3 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

I don’t understand the obsession with a tour date. She says I’m going on tour here are the dates and the prices. And then we move on.

Right :skull:  Like... we get a date. Congratulations, happy birthday. Then we wait at least three more months until it even starts.

I think as long as the visuals are top notch they'll go viral and they'll be a big event. I want that more than I want a Grammys performance tbh.

1 hour ago, bijonse said:

I stayed up and watched this **** expecting a music video. And then the US didn’t even get the Pepsi cans :biblio:

This was the first time Beyonce made it clear what the following decade would look like :ahh: The music (visuals, tour, etc.) ain't here till it's here even if everything insinuates such.

every girl i stan is a hag that couldn’t care less about promoting their music or doing an era…i can be happy if half of them even post a single story about their album at all :gaycat6:

19 minutes ago, Space&Time said:

I can’t speak for everyone but its my first time seeing her live after missing her 3x cause of bs. 

:jonny5:

1 hour ago, Cbreezy said:

and the young-ish girls who hopped on from Self Titled onwards. The latter pocket is most interesting, cus to me it's all at once her most critically-acclaimed frame but (prior to Ren) is her least "Beyonce"-sounding music. it's probably why I don't get how so many of the girls swear up and down that ST and/or Lemonade are her best pieces of work. Iconic as they are (particularly their eras), they are the least sounding "Beyonce" albums to me (in terms of what she represents holistically).

I became a stan during the Lemonade era, and while I think it’s her best album I would agree that it’s her one of least sounding Beyoncé ones (RENAISSANCE takes the main title now). But I think if I were asked to play an album for someone who has NEVER heard Bey and wanted to a general idea of her sound, I would pick ST. It has her “classic” sound as well as her “new” artistic exploration.

As per her first 3 albums, sorry but I just can’t say they’re her best. They either have way too much filler or the production is near earrape level.

While we are on the topic of old albums, I have only listened to 1 DC album (Survivor) and really have no intention on listening to the rest. :deadbanana4: I ofc know all the singles but I’m not expecting anything of substance beyond them for the snippets of songs I’ve heard.

Every Bey album sounds like a Bey album to me. There's always a through line in her music that sounds so Beyonce no matter the genre or material.

What if this spatial people did big work on the tour, and not the visuals?  Or what if they did both?

How can she incorporate what they do into the tour?

Just now, Lose My Breath said:

What if this spatial people did big work on the tour, and not the visuals?  Or what if they did both?

How can she incorporate what they do into the tour?

I was thinking they did work for the merch, with chip based NFT T-shirts or whatever Jay fed all up in her mind.

----

The way we were ROBBED pains me to this day.

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

But honest truth here: What makes u sure the visuals are still coming?

It seems pretty obvious. 

The era began with a black backdrop against white text. Both in terms of the album and single announcements. From the beginning visuals were being held back. On release, there's a blanket statement that visuals will come at a later date, a confirmation I don't think we would have got if they were around the corner. We then get a troll video like BMS Cliquebait, obviously very self aware of the desire for visuals and the fact they're being held back and not coming anytime soon. Finally a bizzare ITG teaser which obviously isn't a teaser for the song really but a moment to let people know that vast amont of visuals have been filmed. There is no release date like there is for Lemonade or Homecoming teasers, because the visuals are not around the corner. 

Essentially nothing has changed since the first announcement of the visuals coming at a "later date". From when the lead single didn't receive a video, I think it should have been clear that whatever is intended is not necessarily timed in a traditional sense. Only when the era is seemingly ending would it make sense to assume that the visuals have been cancelled, but the tour doesn't begin for another 5months, so no reason to draw that conclusion.

17 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I was thinking they did work for the merch, with chip based NFT T-shirts or whatever Jay fed all up in her mind.

----

The way we were ROBBED pains me to this day.

The way production changed that song. It sounds epic there. 

These round table discussions of the queen’s council in here :lmao: love hearing everyone’s thoughts tbh!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.