• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

UK smash incoming! :WAP:

Finally! It's been a decade since she had multiple hits with longevity in the UK (had BTINH #3; RTW #11; LOT #13 along with #35 Countdown and #39 EOT) 

Edited by PrudenceHCharmed

I don't think she'll have a problem touring anywhere, including Asia. 

1 hour ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

B will have absolutely no problem selling out tickets in North & South America, Africa & Ocenia. Her only problem is Asia. She could possibly break all time record with this 'upcoming' tour considering Taylor is weak in Europe & Africa; Pink is weak in Asia & Africa; Madonna is weak in Africa and Shakira is weak in American countries. 

She has Africa, Oceania and Latin America on lock tbh. She's massive there. 

I don't know about Asia but the recent wave of K-pop superstars has been great for her brand. Most K-pop girl groups are full of members who adore Beyoncé and grew up listening to and emulating her.

20 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

She has Africa, Oceania and Latin America on lock tbh. She's massive there. 

I don't know about Asia but the recent wave of K-pop superstars has been great for her brand. Most K-pop girl groups are full of members who adore Beyoncé and grew up listening to and emulating her.

Just imagine her concert full of Kpop idols :jonny5:it will legendary tbh.

4 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

After 2 months sitting with Renaissance and listening to it multiple times per day, im ready to attempt my ranking of the songs:

14) Thique

15) Move

16) All Up In Your Mind

these are in my top 5 + VG & AS :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, sillycilla said:

I feel like a lot of the kpop idols just name black artists to sound cool. 

They only name Beyoncé though :deadbanana4: Beyoncé is the most well known and most respected black musician in Asia today. Rih is famous too but B is more respected because of her vocal and talent and class (Rih barely tour in Asia). Black artist are generally not that well received in Asia though. Artist like Rih, Nicki etc etc and now Doja,Megan, Lizzo are too sexual. Believe it or not, no one knows Summer Walker, SZA, HER, Chloe/Halle, Jhene Aiko, Ella Mai etc. R&B girls struggle in Asia (even in the past) That is why I laugh when Beyoncé is being compared to her white peers making pop music because it was not easy to go global with primarily R&B/urban sound. B successfully did that since DC. The way she stomping the UK markets when Alicia Keys, Mary, Janet and Mariah did very weak there.

Edited by PrudenceHCharmed

11 hours ago, Mercurio said:

This will be a GLOBAL tour. Not exclusive to NA and Europe :mandown:

Adding Oceania and Brazil alone would make her the most serious contender to beat Madonna record :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

In Asia she should stick to Korea and maybe Japan. Her name is known elsewhere but it's far far bigger than her music so tickets wouldn't sell like that. And yes the amount of idols who would attend her Korea date would be insane :dies:

10 minutes ago, Machete said:

Oceania

I still can't believe she didn't go there for FWT. She must've been planning the pregnancy and knew she wouldn't be able to tour in December-March 2017 (summertime for Australia).

Cause Mrs. Carter did AMAZINGGGG there. If you compare it to Reputation:

Sydney: MCSWT $9,422,280 on 56,822 audience; Rep $7,686,564 on 72,805 audience
Melbourne: MCSWT $7,890,660 on 47,320 audience; Rep $6,755,570 on 63,027 audience
Perth: MCSWT $4,994,010 on 29,356 audience; Rep $4,153,658 on 50,891 audience
Auckland: MCSWT $6,748,371 on 44,760 audience; Rep $3,617,593 on 35,749 audience

And this is NOT adjusting for inflation (doing so makes MCSWT even stronger than Rep). Bey's touring power is MASSIVEEE there!

Edited by Machete

2 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Just imagine her concert full of Kpop idols :jonny5:it will legendary tbh.

Blackpink and BTS gonna be front row in seoul like it’s gonna be the event of the year :jonny4:

I'm sure at least one of the next two albums will be a surprise release. She ain't done with them yet.

15 minutes ago, Machete said:

I still can't believe she didn't go there for FWT. She must've been planning the pregnancy and knew she wouldn't be able to tour in December-March 2017 (summertime for Australia).

Cause Mrs. Carter did AMAZINGGGG there. If you compare it to Reputation:

Hide contents

Sydney: MCSWT $9,422,280 on 56,822 audience; Rep $7,686,564 on 72,805 audience
Melbourne: MCSWT $7,890,660 on 47,320 audience; Rep $6,755,570 on 63,027 audience
Perth: MCSWT $4,994,010 on 29,356 audience; Rep $4,153,658 on 50,891 audience
Auckland: MCSWT $6,748,371 on 44,760 audience; Rep $3,617,593 on 35,749 audience

And this is NOT adjusting for inflation (doing so makes MCSWT even stronger than Rep). Bey's touring power is MASSIVEEE there!

Oh wow. I didn’t realise she scalped Taylor there. 

30 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Hmm..

Pop-up shows?

1 hour ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

They only name Beyoncé though :deadbanana4: Beyoncé is the most well known and most respected black musician in Asia today. Rih is famous too but B is more respected because of her vocal and talent and class (Rih barely tour in Asia). Black artist are generally not that well received in Asia though. Artist like Rih, Nicki etc etc and now Doja,Megan, Lizzo are too sexual. Believe it or not, no one knows Summer Walker, SZA, HER, Chloe/Halle, Jhene Aiko, Ella Mai etc. R&B girls struggle in Asia (even in the past) That is why I laugh when Beyoncé is being compared to her white peers making pop music because it was not easy to go global with primarily R&B/urban sound. B successfully did that since DC. The way she stomping the UK markets when Alicia Keys, Mary, Janet and Mariah did very weak there.

That’s why I say they name black artists to sound cool. I’ve seen countless videos with idols who specifically always name drop rnb/hip hop girls that aren’t huge in that market. They do the same with rappers as well.  Then when they actually get to the US you see them fangirl over the ones they truly listen to and like. 

Edited by sillycilla

21 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

That’s why I say they name black artists to sound cool. I’ve seen countless videos with idols who specifically always name drop rnb/hip hop girls that aren’t huge in that market. They do the same with rappers as well.  Then when they actually get to the US you see them fangirl over the ones they truly listen to and like. 

That's not exactly true. They name those artists because they take direct inspiration from RnB and rap artists. 

And locals just buy theirs instead. 

It's a little bit - although much more pronounced - like in France and Germany where rap is the dominant genre but only local rap (and Eminem Ofc) is popular. But all those local rap artists take direct inspiration from US rappers. Same thing with RnB in France. 

Most Kpops are heavily inspired by black artists, especially Beyoncé, you hear that in their music and you see that in their performances. 

Edited by BnPac

3 minutes ago, BnPac said:

That's not exactly true. They name those artists because they take direct inspiration from RnB and rap artists. 

And locals just buy theirs instead. 

It's a little bit - although much more pronounced - like in France and Germany where rap is the dominant genre but only local rap (and Eminem Ofc) is popular. But all those local rap artists take direct inspiration from US rappers. Same thing with RnB in France. 

Most Kpops are heavily inspired by black artists, especially Beyoncé, you hear that in their music and you see that in their performances. 

I was just about to type exactly this.

Plus, k-pop industry is colorist as **** so pointing out their predominantly Black “inspirations”/sources of original material allows them to take less accountability, imo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.